I love WDW, but I also go to other places. I know that you are saying that you compare everything to WDW, but I don't that the majority of people do that, even those of us who have been going for decades and love the place. Why would you? WDW is a unique situation and there is no point in trying to compare other places on the planet with WDW. That is like saying that you love going to Paris and are now going to compare every other place in the world to Paris. You are setting yourself up for disappointment and unrealistic expectations. Every place is unique and should be judged on their own merits, IMO.
And they don't do it with Walt Disney World, which is interesting. We're comparing Aulani to Walt Disney World rather than Aulani to Animal Kingdom Lodge, or all of Oahu to Walt Disney World.
I compare my vacations to each other no matter where I go. In this case its Hawaii vs WDW (more specifically Oahu with Aulani included vs Disneyworld). They are both vacations that people have to choose between when one cannot afford the $$ and time to both so I like to help with that answer if someone is looking for an opinion of a person who has been to both. Where do we go this year for vacation? Hawaii or Disneyworld? The answer to that question requires a comparison.

I agree they are very different. But its not impossible to compare them and tell people which one you like more.

I’d also like to add, a Disneyland vacation comes n 3rd place for me. Hawaii is better.

I love Aulani, but the unique feeling/excitement kicks in later at the Ko Olina offramp as opposed to WDW, which I feel when I arrive at the MCO terminal. On DL trips, the feeling kicks in even later than Aulani. It's when I arrive at the GC lobby. The delay in my special feeling is because Highway H1 between Honolulu Aiport and Ko Olina is not scenic and has too many chain stores. Plus, I'm tired from the East Coast flight.

As much as I love WDW, my preference for WDW trips is during the Spring, Halloween, and Christmas seasons. WDW is unbearable during the summer because of the heat and constant thunderstorms. Aulani is the perfect summer trip for us.
Very well said, I agree 100% with the various points you get a special feeling in each of those vacations.
Christmas season was my first trip to WDW in 2012 and taking the Magical Express to the Polynesian, seeing the tiki torches lit up as we pulled up, then seeing this from the beach was an unbelievable feeling:
E456E745-503A-4822-B5F1-8602A9B5A99B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter