WDW Marathon Waivers Are (sort of) Up!

Cool number - 2 of my PR's were full of 3's.

I second the notice of THESE ARE UNOFFICIAL until the link is posted on runDisney's site. DONOT call if you are not on the list until that time.

Is there any correlation between bib number and what your corral might be? Does a lower bib number equal a lower corral?

Is there any correlation between bib number and what your corral might be? Does a lower bib number equal a lower corral?

Yes

Back before the Mouse decided to number each race differently it was rather easy to figure out the corralling before they posted. The old corrals were approximately 3100 runners per corral. Now, with the multiple numbering systems it gets tougher.

Currently, I blieve the marathon numbers a 1 - 19,999, Goofy 20,000 - 29,999, Dopey 30,000 - 39,999 and Donald 40000+

Yes

Back before the Mouse decided to number each race differently it was rather easy to figure out the corralling before they posted. The old corrals were approximately 3100 runners per corral. Now, with the multiple numbering systems it gets tougher.

Currently, I blieve the marathon numbers a 1 - 19,999, Goofy 20,000 - 29,999, Dopey 30,000 - 39,999 and Donald 40000+

Thanks. My friend and I are running the 1/2 and we did NOT put in a proof of time before Nov 1, but did put in our expected finish times. The strange thing is that I estimated a sub 2 hour finish and got a bib of ~51800 and she estimated a time 40 minutes slower than me and got a bib of ~47290 so I'm currious now if/how this correlates to our anticipated correl placement in the upcoming 1/2 based on what you inlcuded?

Ha! I looked up my confirmation and I apparently put my birthday in wrong :rolleyes2

Now that I have figured that out I can see my waiver (#6608!), my new concern is, does it matter that my birthday is wrong?? Do they check that on your ID?

Ha! I looked up my confirmation and I apparently put my birthday in wrong :rolleyes2

Now that I have figured that out I can see my waiver (#6608!), my new concern is, does it matter that my birthday is wrong?? Do they check that on your ID?

Mine was also wrong (both for Dopey and for W&D last month). There were tons of W&D people who had incorrect birthdays.

For W&D I emailed runDisney and they corrected it. I don't think it makes any difference, as long as your age is the same.

Mine was also wrong (both for Dopey and for W&D last month). There were tons of W&D people who had incorrect birthdays.

For W&D I emailed runDisney and they corrected it. I don't think it makes any difference, as long as your age is the same.

The date was only off by 1 day and it was probably my typo. I will be the same age in January regardless. FYI, I will be this same age for the rest of my life if anybody asks... :rotfl2: I am holding on to 29 forever.

Thanks. My friend and I are running the 1/2 and we did NOT put in a proof of time before Nov 1, but did put in our expected finish times. The strange thing is that I estimated a sub 2 hour finish and got a bib of ~51800 and she estimated a time 40 minutes slower than me and got a bib of ~47290 so I'm currious now if/how this correlates to our anticipated correl placement in the upcoming 1/2 based on what you inlcuded?

It is hard to say why at this time, but I would wonder if possibly she did submit some proof of time or if possibly the runD folks went back to the old 2:45 and slower standard of no proof required as they assigned slots. The latter seems likely as I am sure they were overwhelmed with a lots of 2:30+ estimated times and no proof in this first year of the new proof standard. It’s also very possible that you two are only two corrals apart and that 4000 runners failed to provide adequate proof. Though I would think that the folks who did not provide proof would be ordered by estimated time as well.

It is hard to say why at this time, but I would wonder if possibly she did submit some proof of time or if possibly the runD folks went back to the old 2:45 and slower standard of no proof required as they assigned slots. The latter seems likely as I am sure they were overwhelmed with a lots of 2:30+ estimated times and no proof in this first year of the new proof standard. Its also very possible that you two are only two corrals apart and that 4000 runners failed to provide adequate proof. Though I would think that the folks who did not provide proof would be ordered by estimated time as well.

Thanks again - I just talked to her yesterday so I'm pretty sure she did not submit any proof of time. Based on our Bib numbers do you think your formula still holds true and we can approx calculate our placement corrals?

My biggest concern is being in one of last two corrals and not being able to at least run a decent time :confused: Either way, it's my fault as I did not include proof before the deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter