WDW Obsessed and I've Never Even Been....Yet!

HAHAHA! You can tell how excited you are just by reading this! You seem as though you have to sit on your hands just to keep yourself from waiving them all over the place!!:lmao:

I put the POTC soundtrack in my car this morning! It gets me good and excited every time I drive!

PirateCD.jpg

I also started collecting my friends' addresses so that I can send them all postcards from WDW! They're all excited about getting postcards, but I think I'm more excited about sending the postcards!

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. I wonder how far into the appointment I'll get before telling everyone that I'm going to Disney World!!! I'm betting it will go, "How are you this morning?" "I'm going to Disney World!!!"

I went to the bank this morning and deposited more money into my account! It was a little bit annoying because it was out of my way.

See, my bank just installed new ATM machines. My mom and I have a small business together designing and selling t-shirts and stuff online on sites like Zazzle and CafePress. Well, the checks from our sales all go to her, then every month she writes me a check for half of our total earnings for the month. My parents don't like to buy checks, so they print their own checks themselves. Well, these new ATM machines can't read these checks because they're printed with regular ink while bank issued checks are printed with magnetic ink. But they will take the checks inside at the teller.

The main issue with this is that all of my bank's branches are pretty far out of my way. Except I volunteer on Sundays, and I pass right by one of my branches on my way to volunteer. Normally I'd stop at my bank either on my way to volunteer or on my way back from volunteering and put my checks in the ATM machine. But I can't do that anymore with the new ATM machines, and obviously the bank is closed on Sunday. So now I have to find a time to go when they're open and it's out of my way and it's just annoying.

But at least I have money to put in my bank account! Which a lot of people don't in this economy. So I'm trying to be less annoyed and more grateful for what I do have!

I agree the POTC soundtracks always get me in and excited Disney Mood as well.

Everything sounds great. I can't believe how fast both of our trips are coming up.

Those Mickey Mouse pancakes are too cute!!!

You inspired me and DS and I watched the whole Disneyland section of the planning DVD this weekend. :laughing:

I agree the POTC soundtracks always get me in and excited Disney Mood as well.

Everything sounds great. I can't believe how fast both of our trips are coming up.

I know!! Every time I look at my ticker I'm shocked at how few days are left!!!

Those Mickey Mouse pancakes are too cute!!!

You inspired me and DS and I watched the whole Disneyland section of the planning DVD this weekend. :laughing:

Haha, I noticed they used a lot of the exact same footage for both the Disney World and Disneyland features!

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to go back to Disneyland soon! During my WDW research, I keep coming across something and going, "Oh! I have to do that! Oh wait... darn! That's at Disneyland!"

OMG you have a POTC soundtrack!!! I am going to have to get one of those!! I love pirates so much! It has to be the first ride we go on every year in MK and is my favorite!!!

OMG you have a POTC soundtrack!!! I am going to have to get one of those!! I love pirates so much! It has to be the first ride we go on every year in MK and is my favorite!!!

I used to ride POTC at Disneyland every time I went!!! When the first movie came out, I saw it 7 times in theaters!!! I am such a Pirates fan!

So I am currently pet sitting! I'm staying here for a week and a half taking care of the pets while the owners are on vacation. The animals are very sweet, and I'm having a great time!

The family that lives here has quite an impressive collection of Disney movies! So while I'm sitting, I've been watching their DVDs to get me more excited about my WDW trip! So far I've watched Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, The Little Mermaid, Fantasia 2000, A Bug's Life, and Mary Poppins. And I've still got dozens more movies to watch! But... the best part is not what I get to watch, but where I watch it! The family I'm sitting for has their own private movie theater in their house!!!

MovieTheater6.jpg

MovieTheater1.jpg

I like the decorations on the wall:

MovieTheater4.jpg

And I can chose to sit in the theater chairs:

MovieTheater5.jpg

Or the super comfy bean bag style chairs:

MovieTheater7.jpg

The theater also has a sink, mini fridge and microwave:

MovieTheater2.jpg

Plus a snack bar:

MovieTheater3.jpg

popcorn::

So yeah, it's been pretty nice! And since they have a private movie theater in their home, you know the rest of the house is pretty nice too! It's huge! It took me days to find the laundry room! I feel like I'm on my own mini-vacation staying there! Haha, so it'll be nice to rest and relax in the lap of luxury for awhile before my real vacation where I'm on my feet all day outside in the hot Florida sun!

I can't believe my Disney trip is so soon! And my To Do List is growing longer and longer! I'm starting to wonder if I'll have enough time to get everything done before it's time to go! That's a good thing though! It will keep my busy! If I'm not busy, I'll just be staring at the clock counting down the seconds until WDW!

wow that hois gourgeous!! I would love to be in there watching some disney movies LOL and its even better that they have a disney collection!! that is awesome!!! it really does look like a mini vacation:)

OK, I want to live in that house. :laughing:

Our trips are getting so close!!!! I am beyond excited and I know you must be too. Celebration dance!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

September is finally here! I am so excited! I can't believe I will be going to WDW this very month!!!!

Ok- I admit I'm joining this party a little late, but I'm here! You sound SO excited- that is JUST how I get before a trip.
(Taking a deep breath) here goes:
1. I love your pets!!! I used to have rats for pets, so I can relate to the mouse. Does everyone say "WHY do you have a mouse? Eew." I found there were a lot of rat-haters out there. They were actually GREAT pets! They were clean & each one had their own little personality. Your dog Rosie is so adorable & the family dog is very pretty.
2. GO ON SPLASH!!! It is awesome! Even if you hate the drop, the rest of the ride is worth seeing- it is long & the drop only lasts a second.
3. I'm right there with you on the World Showcase booze! That is FUN!
4. I had no idea about the Pirates soundtrack...I am totally going out & buying one!
5. For your next trip you mentioned you would stay at Contemporary, Polynesian, or AKL. I loved them ALL. I think I like AKL for Boma, Jiko, the themimg & animals, the Polynesian for the theming, peace, and convenience, and the Contemporary for the California Grill, views, and convenience. You can't go wrong!
6. The house you are pet sitting at has my dream room- that theater room is SO cool.

So you have 11 days left- what will you do for the next 11 days???? I can guess one thing you won't be doing much of: sleeping!!! :rotfl:
BTW- I LOVE your avatar!

Ok- I admit I'm joining this party a little late, but I'm here! You sound SO excited- that is JUST how I get before a trip.
(Taking a deep breath) here goes:
1. I love your pets!!! I used to have rats for pets, so I can relate to the mouse. Does everyone say "WHY do you have a mouse? Eew." I found there were a lot of rat-haters out there. They were actually GREAT pets! They were clean & each one had their own little personality. Your dog Rosie is so adorable & the family dog is very pretty.
2. GO ON SPLASH!!! It is awesome! Even if you hate the drop, the rest of the ride is worth seeing- it is long & the drop only lasts a second.
3. I'm right there with you on the World Showcase booze! That is FUN!
4. I had no idea about the Pirates soundtrack...I am totally going out & buying one!
5. For your next trip you mentioned you would stay at Contemporary, Polynesian, or AKL. I loved them ALL. I think I like AKL for Boma, Jiko, the themimg & animals, the Polynesian for the theming, peace, and convenience, and the Contemporary for the California Grill, views, and convenience. You can't go wrong!
6. The house you are pet sitting at has my dream room- that theater room is SO cool.

So you have 11 days left- what will you do for the next 11 days???? I can guess one thing you won't be doing much of: sleeping!!! :rotfl:
BTW- I LOVE your avatar!

Better late than never! Welcome aboard!!!

Yes, people do get freaked that I have a pet mouse! Awwww! I love rats! I actually plan on fostering rescue rats as soon as I move into a bigger place! And who knows! I may even adopt some myself! As far as small animals go, I definitely think rats make the best pets!

Oh, I'm going on Splash Mountain! Even if no one else believes me.... I have to do it though! I have to show everyone!

I heard that a new tequila bar just opened at the World Showcase last weekend! I am very excited about checking this out!

Haha, when I first walked into the theater room I said, "Oh this is it, I'm sleeping in here!" I actually haven't slept in there (but those big bean bag chairs sure are comfy enough to!) but I do spend most of my time in there! It's going to be so sad when I have to leave! But the fact that I'm going to WDW the week after definitely helps! Plus, you know, I do miss seeing my boyfriend and my family!

I think I'll be spending the next 11 days browsing DISboards non stop!

So far September is looking like a fantastic month!!! Yesterday I found out some cupcakes I made came in 2nd place in a cake decorating contest I entered them in! I won $25 and a 6 month subscription to deviantart.com... which I really needed since my current subscription expires later this month and I'm thinking I'm going to be pretty broke after Disney! So yes, I'm very excited about that! I don't often win things! It was a great way to start the month! And I know the month can only get better because... I'm going to Disney World!!!!!!

So I'm a little bit undecided about what shoes I should wear to WDW. I wear Crocs 365 days a year. And The Boyfriend and my parents give me a hard time about it. They're always telling me I need to wear "real shoes". But my Crocs are soooooo comfy!

Crocs.jpg

Well, originally I was planning on wearing tennis shoes to WDW since I figured I'd be doing a lot of walking.

But everything I'm reading on DISboards is recommending wearing Crocs to WDW.

I don't know. I'm undecided.

Back when I went to Disneyland in 2007, my parents strongly suggested I wear "real shoes" and not Crocs since I'd be doing a lot of walking- so I wore tennis shoes. Now I really can't remember if I was uncomfortable or not or how my feet felt at all! I guess if it was really bad I would have remembered it.

I'm leaning towards my Crocs, but I really don't know! For those of you that have been to WDW, what kind of shoes do you wear? What do you recommend?

More Mickey Mail arrived this week! And my parents were nice enough to bring it over to the house where I'm pet sitting at! It's the Custom Maps I ordered!

Maps.jpg

They look very nice!! I'll definitely be using them this week as I do all my last minute planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter