WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point me to where that is stated? I know sometimes one CM can say one thing and another CM says the opposite, so I would really like to get the actual rule for this... it shouldn't be just something people seem to know. Who is the actual Disney source?

EDITED TO ADD: This is who I sent my question to...
disability.services@disneyparks.com

if there is another official Disney source for info about DAS I would appreciate if someone can share...

Thanks again everyone!
not sure where it is listed just that I go to disney a lot with someone else that uses a DAS ( just went with him two month ago and going again within this weekend) and we have ever been able to be put on one and other DAS we ask almost every time ( well he dose ) and ever CM say no it really is no big deal you just make the DAS at the same time and the return time is within a minute or two of each other

well be down in a few days and need to renew out DAS ( we go so often we do not do the advance chat) and I am sure he wills again but like I said we have been told no and we are not the only once I have never heard of someone being put on another DAS holder that has the DAS. now a none DAS holder can be put on two different DAS any ways I would not plane on the two DAS holder being able to be on each other DAS

Hi, all, I'm replying to my own thread because I did get an answer to my question for the Disney Planning folks. Short answer is "yes", multiple DAS holders can be on each other's guest lists... not sure if this is new, but it will certainly help with our planning. :)

Here's the link.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ed-das-passholders-guest-list-may-not-512095/

Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion! :)
That’s the old Mom’s Panel. Sadly, their answers are not always correct (on anything, not just DAS).

not sure where it is listed just that I go to disney a lot with someone else that uses a DAS ( just went with him two month ago and going again within this weekend) and we have ever been able to be put on one and other DAS we ask almost every time ( well he dose ) and ever CM say no it really is no big deal you just make the DAS at the same time and the return time is within a minute or two of each other

well be down in a few days and need to renew out DAS ( we go so often we do not do the advance chat) and I am sure he wills again but like I said we have been told no and we are not the only once I have never heard of someone being put on another DAS holder that has the DAS. now a none DAS holder can be put on two different DAS any ways I would not plane on the two DAS holder being able to be on each other DAS
Thanks... It's just so confusing when you get different answers from different people... Nothing new there I guess.

Have a great trip and if you do, by some weird chance, get a different answer, please let me know... I don't understand why they wouldn't allow it, since no one can be on more than one reservation at a time anyway... scratching my head here. (and yes, I do get fixated on some things... LOL)

Thanks... It's just so confusing when you get different answers from different people... Nothing new there I guess.

Have a great trip and if you do, by some weird chance, get a different answer, please let me know... I don't understand why they wouldn't allow it, since no one can be on more than one reservation at a time anyway... scratching my head here. (and yes, I do get fixated on some things... LOL)
I will let you know or remind me next Tuesday what they said

I was just talking to my friend about this and he said that the CM said the system would crash if they linked twoDAS holder together I do not remember the CM saying this but he did so.

Maybe if someone here will be doing the video chat soon, after they finish with their business, perhaps they could ask the cast member about this. Seems to me they always ask if there are any other questions.

I'd appreciate any info from an official source that anyone finds.

Last edited:
Hi, all, I'm replying to my own thread because I did get an answer to my question for the Disney Planning folks. Short answer is "yes", multiple DAS holders can be on each other's guest lists... not sure if this is new, but it will certainly help with our planning. :)

Here's the link.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ed-das-passholders-guest-list-may-not-512095/

Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion! :)
I suggest going back to read that answer carefully. Other than the word “yes” the poster never actually says 2 DAS-holders may be named on each others’ DAS. Just that you may have 2 DAS in the party and the other members of your party may be listed on each.

PlanDisney is the old Mom’s Panel and unfortunately is not always correct. I honestly don’t think you will find written documentation answering your question. Not every aspect of policy is posted publicly. But you might receive it from the email PP shared. It has occurred often enough to people on these boards that I trust it as fact.

If all of you are linked as Friends & Family with shared plans, can’t any of you obtain a DAS Return Time in-park for both DAS holders and the rest of the party? It doesn’t need to be the DAS-holder themselves, anyone in the party should be able to do it. Or is there something unique about your party’s make-up that it wouldn’t work.

I suggest going back to read that answer carefully. Other than the word “yes” the poster never actually says 2 DAS-holders may be named on each others’ DAS. Just that you may have 2 DAS in the party and the other members of your party may be listed on each.

PlanDisney is the old Mom’s Panel and unfortunately is not always correct. I honestly don’t think you will find written documentation answering your question. Not every aspect of policy is posted publicly. But you might receive it from the email PP shared. It has occurred often enough to people on these boards that I trust it as fact.

If all of you are linked as Friends & Family with shared plans, can’t any of you obtain a DAS Return Time in-park for both DAS holders and the rest of the party? It doesn’t need to be the DAS-holder themselves, anyone in the party should be able to do it. Or is there something unique about your party’s make-up that it wouldn’t work.
I agree with lanejudy. The answer doesn’t say 2 DAS holders can be linked to each other.
I think the question she answered was whether 2 guests with DAS can be listed on the same My Disney Experience and whether the other Friends and Family guests can be linked to both DAS holders.
The answer to both of THOSE questions is Yes.
Yes - 2 (or more) DAS holders can be listed on the same My Disney Experience
Yes - the same Friends and Family guests can be linked to more than 1 DAS holder

And, yes to the additional question - can anyone linked to the DAS holder make a DAS Return Time.

When making a DAS Return Time, this is how it looks. The Registered Guest is at the top and the linked guests who are eligible to add to a DAS Return Time are in the lower part.
With only 1 DAS holder, the DAS holder is automatically checked, since the DAS Return Time can’t be booked without them.
C4A07D55-A753-4E1D-98B0-4787C35CEF25.jpeg
We only have one DAS holder , but people who have more than one DAS holder will see the other DAS holder(s) listed at the top under ‘Registered Guest’. When making a DAS Return Time, NONE of the DAS holders will be check automatically. They can either be checked one by one or checked ‘all’. That doesn’t mean the 2 DAS holders are linked - they are 2 separate account/profiles, but listed under the same My Disney Experience.

I have seen that from multiple people, as well as multiple people having been told that DAS holders can’t be linked to other DAS holders. This is NOT new. It’s been that way since DAS went digital (I could check on the date for sure, but think it was 2015). I don’t recall seeing it written anywhere, but as lanejudy mentioned, not all policies are listed publicly. I’ve seen it reported by people enough times over those years to feel more than confident that it’s true.
There would be no advantage to linked DAS holders to each other and it could cause issues with the system (confusing which DAS holder made the DAS Return Time)..

Thanks, Sue.... I searched the website front to back and couldn't find any reference to it... I sent an email to the Disney Disability address, but I know those can sometimes end up in a black hole, so I may not hear anything back that clarifies their rule about multiple Das Holders on a guest list.... I believe you and the folks who have understood how it works, but it would be good for Disney to clarify it in their instructions. I'll post any response I get from them.

Perhaps they could include something about it in this section on "how to register"...instead of only stating other guests need to be in F&F list, include verbiage stating that they cannot include another DAS Holder:

View attachment 688687
Appreciate all the input.... Thanks!

EDIT: Just for clarification on my part... I understood that any guest can only be on 1 DAS reservation at a time. But I was sure that I read that guests could be on multiple DAS Holder guest lists... and in my case, it would be much easier to plan our trip if one of us (probably me) could plan for the times we would all be together and make on Day-Of or Advanced reservation for all four of us, including the other DAS Holder. And then the days we do split up, the other DAS holder could make plans for herself and her friend, while I make plans for me and my guest. We have two Dolphin room reservations, 2 in each room.

Anyway, hoping for clarity and I'll work with whatever Disney does require.
My guess is that they don’t mention 2 DAS holders can’t be linked to each other’s DAS is that having more than one DAS holder in a group does not affect a huge number of people. Listing it would confuse the large number of people it doesn’t apply to.

For day of visit DAS Return Times, my answer right before this has a screenshot of the screen for making a DAS Return Time.
You and the other DAS holder will be listed under the Registered Guest area. Your 2 friends would be listed underneath.
When you are together ANY of the people on that screen should be able to make a DAS Return Time including everyone listed there (including either or both DAS holders).
When you separate, the screen should look the very same, but you would each choose only yourself and your guest when making DAS Return Times.

For DAS Advance Selections, you will each need to have registered for DAS. The easiest way to coordinate the DAS Advance Selections might be to both be on the phone together when making them.

(EDIT - I didn't see your last post before i posted this, Sue, but I think you have answered this... thank you again.)

Thank you both for your input. I think my terminology is confusing the situation. I'm not sure what is meant by "linked" so let me see if i can explain it with what we are hoping to do n our trip, and see if that fits with what you are saying.

There are four people in my party. We will call them A (me), B, C, and D. A and C both have DAS passes. All four have their own MDE account, and are all in each others friends and family list.

When I renew my DAS pass, I want to list B, C, and D as my travel party. C will also register for a DAS, and list A, B & C as travel party.

We are planning to spend some park time together, so that either me or C can make a reservation for all four of us. However, sometimes C&D will split off from A&B and tour separately. They would need to use C's pass for reserving attractions for just the two of them, while I would make reservations for myself and B. Since the DAS holder has to experience the attraction, I would not be able to make reservations for just C & D if I was not going to be with them.

I'm sorry this has turned into such a drawn out explanation. Maybe I'm just confusing the issue even more.

Last edited:
There are four people in my party. We will call them A (me), B, C, and D. A and C both have DAS passes. All four have their own MDE account, and are all in each others friends and family list.

When I renew my DAS pass, I want to list B, C, and D as my travel party. C will also register for a DAS, and list A, B & C as travel party.

We are planning to spend some park time together, so that either me or C can make a reservation for all four of us. However, sometimes C&D will split off from A&B and tour separately. They would need to use C's pass for reserving attractions for just the two of them, while I would make reservations for myself and B. Since the DAS holder has to experience the attraction, I would not be able to make reservations for just C & D if I was not going to be with them.
If A and C are both registered for DAS…
A would list B and D as guests linked to their DAS
C would also list B and D as guests linked to their DAS

When you look at the screen to make a DAS Return Time, it would look similar to this, but with 2 registered guests instead of the one who is in my screen shot.

A908632C-2281-4A70-B98B-DB30B9573EE5.jpeg

A and C would both be listed as Registered Guests.
B and D would be listed under ‘Guests Joining.’
The screen should look the same for EVERYONE and anyone should be able to make a DAS Return Time. If the DAS Return Time will include A,B,C and D, someone in the group would just select everyone.
If C and D are going off on their own, either of them would could make the DAS Return Time just including the 2 of them.
A and B would do the same thing to make a DAS Return Time for just the 2 of them.

If A and C are both registered for DAS
A would list B and D as guests linked to their DAS
C would also list B and D as guests linked to their DAS

When you look at the screen to make a DAS Return Time, it would look similar to this, but with 2 registered guests instead of the one who is in my screen shot.

View attachment 689606

A and C would both be listed as Registered Guests.
B and D would be listed under ‘Guests Joining.’
The screen should look the same for EVERYONE and anyone should be able to make a DAS Return Time. If the DAS Return Time will include A,B,C and D, someone in the group would just select everyone.
If C and D are going off on their own, either of them would could make the DAS Return Time just including the 2 of them.
A and B would do the same thing to make a DAS Return Time for just the 2 of them.
Thank you again, Sue. This is exactly how was hoping it would work. I guess I just didn't state my original question clearly.

Used search but couldnt find this info.
I did the videocall for DAS yesterday around 21:00 UK Time (went through immediately, no waiting time). Was asked which selections I'd like to make but hadnt prepared (we just booked tickets yesterday, didnt look into attractions yet). Got back in the chat around 22:30 to request selected times (went fast as well, 5 minute wait). Got the following, wich they asked me to check in the app:
17:00-18:00 Twilight Tower
17:35 Oga's Cantina (had already reserved this before booking tickets)
19:00-20:00 Smugglers Run

When I asked if I would be able to make the Oga's Cantina with the overlapping Twilight Tower they said it'd be fine.
But how does this reservation time work? If I show up at 17:00 at the Twilight Tower, do you generally enter right away?
Or should you check the Genie+(?) waiting times in the app and add that before 17:00, so for instance show up at 16:30?

But how does this reservation time work?
Your DAS Advanced Selection is a 1-hour window. You will enter the LL when you arrive at the attraction during that hour. There may still be ~10-20 minutes in the LL before riding, plus the length of the attraction.

With several rides remaining permanently on Genie+ as opposed to ILL, will those rides become available for advanced DAS selections? I’m wondering if it makes sense to try to change some of my advanced selections.

With several rides remaining permanently on Genie+ as opposed to ILL, will those rides become available for advanced DAS selections? I’m wondering if it makes sense to try to change some of my advanced selections.
I wondered the same thing!

I doubt it.
The stories I’ve seen have said ‘for the foreseeable future’ not permanently.

image.jpg

Hoping someone can help
Waiting to pre register for DAS
This is for Disneyland though, but this thread seemed helpful

This is all I see. Is that generally all one sees while waiting?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter