WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the process has changed since we did this in March! Can you elaborate? We have two children we would be using DAS for and need to co-ordinate their times for the advanced selections. How would that work if you're making selections using a form instead of via a live chat?
We only have one person using DAS, but the experiences I’ve read with people with multiple DAS users is that it’s still only 2 DAS Advance Selections per day.

There are 3 different ways that the DAS Advance Selection process can be done. All 3 ways are still being done, so you could get any of the 3 ways. I’ve actually had all 3 ways during different times that I’ve registered my daughter. From what I’ve been told, which way it happens partly depends on how busy they are. It may also depend on your connection and how it’s working.
To prepare, have 2 choices and an alternate ready for each park day. List them in order of preference. You won’t be able to select exact time, but can ask for morning, afternoon or evening and CMs will try their best.

After completing video registration, the registration CM:
  1. ends the video and sends your text chat to the DAS Advance Selections queue, which usually has a short wait. The text chat with that CM continues in the same chat window. The CM asks you to type your park days and selections into the chat window. They may ask for one park day at a time, or ask you to type in multiple days at once. This is the way it operated when the video registration process started.
  2. ends the video and sends your text chat to the DAS Advance Selections queue, which usually has a short wait. The text chat with that CM continues in the same chat window. The CM asks to send a secure form in a new Popup window for you to type in your 2 top and one alternate selections for each park day. The form may be for 3 days or 7 days. After making your selections, the form is returned to that CM and you converse in text chat. This is probably the most common.
  3. continues on the same video chat to complete doing your DAS Advance Selections with you on the video. This was not happening at the start, is probably least common and only happens when it’s not busy.
The CM may come back to you with choices before making the final selection. They will ask you to verify what was scheduled and you will have a chance to make changes - but, be aware the original choice may be deleted and you may not get it back.
Thanks for the update Sue. I will be doing the DAS renewal again in a few weeks, so will have all my advanced selection requests listed out so I can do a cut and paste.

I know some have said that didn't work very well for them, but I did it last Nov for listing guests and resort reservations, and it worked great. At least if I have them all listed, it will speed up my seach... if I can type without too many errors!!

Thanks for the update Sue. I will be doing the DAS renewal again in a few weeks, so will have all my advanced selection requests listed out so I can do a cut and paste.

I know some have said that didn't work very well for them, but I did it last Nov for listing guests and resort reservations, and it worked great. At least if I have them all listed, it will speed up my seach... if I can type without too many errors!!
I tried doing cut and paste both on text chat and on the secure form. It didn't work on either. I was using Safari browser on an iPad for both - don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

We only have one person using DAS, but the experiences I’ve read with people with multiple DAS users is that it’s still only 2 DAS Advance Selections per day.
When we did it last March, each of my children got 2 advanced selections and they co-ordinated overlapping times between the two of them. This was so that their support people and themselves could ride together. We organized passes for both children on the same chat. Hopefully this is still the case.

When we did it last March, each of my children got 2 advanced selections and they co-ordinated overlapping times between the two of them. This was so that their support people and themselves could ride together. We organized passes for both children on the same chat. Hopefully this is still the case.
That sounds like it was 2 attractions total, right? Not 2 for Susie and a different 2 for Sam. I'm guessing you had a larger party (>6) which required coordinating so all could ride together.

There are 3 different ways that the DAS Advance Selection process can be done. All 3 ways are still being done, so you could get any of the 3 ways. I’ve actually had all 3 ways during different times that I’ve registered my daughter. From what I’ve been told, which way it happens partly depends on how busy they are. It may also depend on your connection and how it’s working.
To prepare, have 2 choices and an alternate ready for each park day. List them in order of preference. You won’t be able to select exact time, but can ask for morning, afternoon or evening and CMs will try their best.

After completing video registration, the registration CM:
  1. ends the video and sends your text chat to the DAS Advance Selections queue, which usually has a short wait. The text chat with that CM continues in the same chat window. The CM asks you to type your park days and selections into the chat window. They may ask for one park day at a time, or ask you to type in multiple days at once. This is the way it operated when the video registration process started.
  2. ends the video and sends your text chat to the DAS Advance Selections queue, which usually has a short wait. The text chat with that CM continues in the same chat window. The CM asks to send a secure form in a new Popup window for you to type in your 2 top and one alternate selections for each park day. The form may be for 3 days or 7 days. After making your selections, the form is returned to that CM and you converse in text chat. This is probably the most common.
  3. continues on the same video chat to complete doing your DAS Advance Selections with you on the video. This was not happening at the start, is probably least common and only happens when it’s not busy.
The CM may come back to you with choices before making the final selection. They will ask you to verify what was scheduled and you will have a chance to make changes - but, be aware the original choice may be deleted and you may not get it back.
Thank you for explaining this! I guess I was lucky that I got option 3. I was surprised at how easy it was. At least the next time I do it I will not be surprised if I get the other options!

That sounds like it was 2 attractions total, right? Not 2 for Susie and a different 2 for Sam. I'm guessing you had a larger party (>6) which required coordinating so all could ride together.
Some were the same attraction, some were not. It was 2 attractions for each person with a DAS.

Some were the same attraction, some were not. It was 2 attractions for each person with a DAS.
In the future, I’d be prepared for 2 Advanced Selections attractions for the whole party. That’s what many have reported, even if different interests of the DAS-holder.

Does that mean that some people got 4 advanced attractions? Two with person 1's DAS and two with person 2's DAS?
No, each person can only have 2 advanced so no one could be on all 4. Same with DAS in the park, even if you have 2 different DAS users, each person can only have 1 regular DAS return time at a time

We had a similar situation my last trip (Dec 2022). 2 non-DAS guests, 2 DAS holder guests: on DAS1 (me), I listed all 4 for situations where we would all travel together and ride the same rides (1 DAS reservation for 4 guests).

DAS1 (me): I renewed before the trip and had made ADV for all 4 and could make day of reservations for all 4, or only two. I could see all 4 guests in MDE

DAS2 renewed his DAS at GS when we arrived, (so he may have only listed his friend and himself then) and could only see himself and his friend on MDE, so could only make day of reservations for the two of them.

But still, each guest could only have one DAS at a time AND 2 adv per day.

Hope this helps...

I am managing our next trip (I have done this for years) My friend is listed on my account and it says I am the one managing. This year she will have DAS for the first time(we are going in April) What do we need to do before we do the video chat? She has MDE. Because she is on my list does that mean we are linked?

I am managing our next trip (I have done this for years) My friend is listed on my account and it says I am the one managing. This year she will have DAS for the first time(we are going in April) What do we need to do before we do the video chat? She has MDE. Because she is on my list does that mean we are linked?
You are ‘Friends and Family’ with each other. If there is anyone else she wants linked to DAS, they will need to be on her and your Friends and Family before the video chat.

Before beginning the video chat, she should think about how she would (briefly) answer a question like ‘What are your concerns with waiting in the traditiona/regular lines?
She/you should also have bought tickets and made park reservations. Then, make a list of 2 attractions plus an alternate to request for each park day.
This is a link to a list of attractions that MAY be available for DAS Advance Selection

If the CM on the video chat registers her for DAS, your friend will also be able to have people from the Friends and Family list linked to DAS.

This is a link to the WDW webpage about DAS, which includes the link to begin the video chat process. The first post in this thread will also be helpful.

You are ‘Friends and Family’ with each other. If there is anyone else she wants linked to DAS, they will need to be on her and your Friends and Family before the video chat.

Before beginning the video chat, she should think about how she would (briefly) answer a question like ‘What are your concerns with waiting in the traditiona/regular lines?
She/you should also have bought tickets and made park reservations. Then, make a list of 2 attractions plus an alternate to request for each park day.
This is a link to a list of attractions that MAY be available for DAS Advance Selection

If the CM on the video chat registers her for DAS, your friend will also be able to have people from the Friends and Family list linked to DAS.

This is a link to the WDW webpage about DAS, which includes the link to begin the video chat process. The first post in this thread will also be helpful.
It will be just the 2 of us so are we set? I will be with her when she does the video chat and we will have our park days reserved and know what rides we want. Because we have been linked and I have managed before does that mean we are still linked and I can still manage? That is the only part that is confusing to me. I have read many things on this. Sorry for the questions ... it must be my old mind. hehehe

So we did the DAS video registration and scheduled our Advance Selections. But morning or early afternoon times were often not available. So for example we have a park reservation for MK and made Advance Selections for Peter Pan at 4:30 p.m. and Haunted Mansion at 5:45. Would I be able to change my park reservation to another park, say Epcot (planning to park-hop over to MK in the afternoon) without losing those Advance Selections?

I think your ADV DAS reservations have to be in the park you have a Park Pass for..... It's tripped me up several times too as I often hop to a different park after lunchtime.

I'm not sure you can change the PP and keep any reservations originally made....

I think your ADV DAS reservations have to be in the park you have a Park Pass for..... It's tripped me up several times too as I often hop to a different park after lunchtime.

I'm not sure you can change the PP and keep any reservations originally made....
I know that after changing ADRs our advanced DAS didn't disappear, but I have no idea if they would have worked...just that they were still "there."

I know that after changing ADRs our advanced DAS didn't disappear, but I have no idea if they would have worked...just that they were still "there."
ADRs would not impact DAS or theme park reservations. The ADR system is completely separate.

I want to say that I have read DAS Advanced Selections did disappear when someone changed their theme park reservation, eventually if it wasn't immediate. I agree with @jlundeen that DAS Advanced Selections must be at the park where you have a theme park reservation and will drop if you change the park reservation.

@DancingBearVA I recommend you think of the DAS Advanced Selections as "bonus" -- if you can make it that's great, no harm if missed. Just from reading these boards I would say nearly half of DAS Advanced Selections do not get used because the timing doesn't fit the party or individual's time at the park.

Last edited:
ADRs would not impact DAS or theme park reservations. The ADR system is completely separate.

I want to say that I have read DAS Advanced Selections did disappear when someone changed their theme park reservation, eventually if it wasn't immediate. I agree with @jlundeen that DAS Advanced Selections must be at the park where you have a theme park reservation and will drop if you change the park reservation.

@DancingBearVA I recommend you think of the DAS Advanced Selections as "bonus" -- if you can make it that's great, no harm if missed. Just from reading these boards I would say nearly half of DAS Advanced Selections do not get used because the timing doesn't fit the party or individual's time at the park.
My bad, I meant APR, not ADR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter