WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
She does have issues with the queue environment. And she's going to cause other guests to have issues because she's lost all filter when frustrated! But not sure I'm going to be able to explain with her there how much personality impact the strokes have had. Maybe I should tell them she has issues with claustrophobia including being in queues on the ECV. Which is also 1000% true - she's highly anxious, highly claustrophobic and stressed enough about the ECV in any part of the park we might end up pushing her around.

We're taking my brother to WDW at the end of October. He's qualified for DAS in the past, so we're very familiar with DAS in general, but this will be his first trip with the new system.

He lives in another state, and I won't be physically with him until the day before we go. None of the family that he's living with are joining us for the trip. He's not capable of conducting the video call on his own.

Is there a way that I could have family do the first half of the call with him (confirming eligibility), and then I do the advance DAS selection portion?

If not, how straightforward is the advance selection portion? If I outlined what his ride preferences would be and gave general times, is it likely that they would be able to easily pick those up (assuming we're doing this 30 days out)?

Also - just to confirm - all members of the party must have a park ticket and a park reservation for the associated days, correct? We have 1-2 people that are unsure if they'll be able to join so we have not purchased tickets for them yet.

Does anyone have any idea how ADV DAS will be handled after park passes are no longer required for non-AP guests? I have an AP, so I will still be required to have them, but others I know will no longer need a park pass after the first of the year.

So how will they schedule their ADV DAS if they plan to park hope to additional parks? Maybe can only get them for one park a day or something like that? Or do you think they will drop the ADV DAS altogether? Maybe even the pre-registration? I hope not.

I've heard several suggesting changes to the whole DAS program and how people quality and register, so it would be nice if they would publish something to clarify.

Maybe can only get them for one park a day or something like that?
I expect this to carry forward. It’s similar to the 4-Park Magic ticket this past summer that didn’t need theme park reservations, and APs entering a park after 2pm without a reservation. DAS Advanced Selections can only be made in 1 park.

Sorry but I honestly don't know how to 'quote'.
lanejudy.....I totally agree with you that at least 1/2 of pre-registered rides most likely go to waste. I know for a fact that a good portion of mine do. Plans change often at Disney Parks and I think it's a HUGE shame that there isn't a way to modify. It continues to make no sense to me as those non-used reservations could be enjoyed by others. What a waste of a privilege.

I think it's a HUGE shame that there isn't a way to modify.
I think I understand why... there are relatively few spots available. Folks who register for DAS closer to their visit (not 30 days out) often report little availability. While I can understand that with plans changing those available time slots might open, I think the "option" to change would only give an impression that slots are definitely available and it seems more often than not that is not the reality.

And your last sentence may also feed into this... the DAS Advanced Selections really are more of a "privilege" not afforded to other guests, and thus ability to change those selections would be above and beyond what others can do. Making DAS all the more ripe for abuse. My understanding is Disney currently views the DAS Advanced Selections as a "thank you" for doing the video pre-registration and not directly a part of DAS.

We're taking my brother to WDW at the end of October. He's qualified for DAS in the past, so we're very familiar with DAS in general, but this will be his first trip with the new system.

He lives in another state, and I won't be physically with him until the day before we go. None of the family that he's living with are joining us for the trip. He's not capable of conducting the video call on his own.

Is there a way that I could have family do the first half of the call with him (confirming eligibility), and then I do the advance DAS selection portion?

If not, how straightforward is the advance selection portion? If I outlined what his ride preferences would be and gave general times, is it likely that they would be able to easily pick those up (assuming we're doing this 30 days out)?

Also - just to confirm - all members of the party must have a park ticket and a park reservation for the associated days, correct? We have 1-2 people that are unsure if they'll be able to join so we have not purchased tickets for them yet.
Just following up on this - our 30 day mark is in the next few days.

(1) Can the eligibility and attraction selection portions of the advanced DAS call be done separately?

(2) Do all individuals who will be listed as guests on the DAS need valid tickets at the time of the call?

1) Can the eligibility and attraction selection portions of the advanced DAS call be done separately?

(2) Do all individuals who will be listed as guests on the DAS need valid tickets at the time of the call?
1) yes
2) yes - to be included on DAS Advanced Selections. Otherwise they can be connect for in-park DAS Return Times.

Just did the registration and advanced planning das selections. Only took about 20 minutes from wait to finish. I have had DAS many times before so it went as expected. They did caution that they are getting more specific about your problems specifically with waiting in line. She wanted more detail than usual. As someone with verbal communication issues that made it a little harder but she was very kind and patient with me. I appreciated the help for in the future how to explain it better from the word jumble I told her. Probably the nicest CM I’ve ever had on the video one. She said it’s good for 60 days so I’m happy I won’t have to redo it for our early December trip haha.

Just did the registration and advanced planning das selections. Only took about 20 minutes from wait to finish. I have had DAS many times before so it went as expected. They did caution that they are getting more specific about your problems specifically with waiting in line. She wanted more detail than usual. As someone with verbal communication issues that made it a little harder but she was very kind and patient with me. I appreciated the help for in the future how to explain it better from the word jumble I told her. Probably the nicest CM I’ve ever had on the video one. She said it’s good for 60 days so I’m happy I won’t have to redo it for our early December trip haha.
Thanks for the update. Those of us who have a little trouble describing our issues without talking about a diagnosis will need to try to get our thoughts together better for our call in. I appreciate your sharing this.

As far as the adv reservations, did you notice any changes there? I still see the same list on the website which does omit some attractions, and wondering if they have added anything back to the list. Also, I know the last time I did it, (March '23) some CMs would have you send them the list all at once, and they they would tell you the time slots available for them all at once and ask if there were conflicts. Others reported that they would go through each day one at a time. I need to be prepared with my list before the call.

Thanks for your post.

Thanks for the update. Those of us who have a little trouble describing our issues without talking about a diagnosis will need to try to get our thoughts together better for our call in. I appreciate your sharing this.

As far as the adv reservations, did you notice any changes there? I still see the same list on the website which does omit some attractions, and wondering if they have added anything back to the list. Also, I know the last time I did it, (March '23) some CMs would have you send them the list all at once, and they they would tell you the time slots available for them all at once and ask if there were conflicts. Others reported that they would go through each day one at a time. I need to be prepared with my list before the call.

Thanks for your post.
Hi! Yes, I definitely need to gather my thoughts and probably write something down before the call now, I was kind of all over the place trying to explain myself.
The CM who approved my DAS registration went ahead and did my advanced selections on the video call. She went through them one day at a time. I wanted later afternoon times as we tend to get a late start most days. So she asked which rides, it didn’t seem that they had changed from the previous list, and she offered a few times for each. I told her which time I wanted for each ride. It went pretty smoothly. Good luck!

I reapplied for DAS for my daughter Monday afternoon and thought I'd do a quick review.
I accepted the Terms & Conditions and tapped the 'Begin Video Registration' link to enter the text portion of the chat at 4:37pm Central Time. It timed out and made me reenter every 30 minutes.
At 5:37pm Central Time, I received a message asking me to type YES into the text chat if I was still waiting for the video registration. As soon as I replied, I received a message that the CM would be with me as soon as she was done with her previous guest. She asked me to send a text chat message with our first park day, name of person needing DAS registration and names of all guests in our party.
The CM sent a video link for the secure video at 5:44pm. She could see that we had used advance DAS video registration previously. Other times, either in park or online, the question we were asked was: "What are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines?" or a similar variation.
She asked:
"What are your concerns with waiting in line that would cause you to leave the line?"

I have seen other people posting recently that they were asked the same question; she looked like she was looking down and possibly reading it. So, I think this might be part of their new script. She did tell me the date DAS would be active (our first park day) and the date it would expire. We were finished and she sent me to the text chat for DAS Advance Selections at 5:50pm.
I had a short wait, but completed the DAS Advance Selections by 6:37pm Central Time

I reapplied for DAS for my daughter Monday afternoon and thought I'd do a quick review.
I accepted the Terms & Conditions and tapped the 'Begin Video Registration' link to enter the text portion of the chat at 4:37pm Central Time. It timed out and made me reenter every 30 minutes.
At 5:37pm Central Time, I received a message asking me to type YES into the text chat if I was still waiting for the video registration. As soon as I replied, I received a message that the CM would be with me as soon as she was done with her previous guest. She asked me to send a text chat message with our first park day, name of person needing DAS registration and names of all guests in our party.
The CM sent a video link for the secure video at 5:44pm. She could see that we had used advance DAS video registration previously. Other times, either in park or online, the question we were asked was: "What are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines?" or a similar variation.
She asked:
"What are your concerns with waiting in line that would cause you to leave the line?"

I have seen other people posting recently that they were asked the same question; she looked like she was looking down and possibly reading it. So, I think this might be part of their new script. She did tell me the date DAS would be active (our first park day) and the date it would expire. We were finished and she sent me to the text chat for DAS Advance Selections at 5:50pm.
I had a short wait, but completed the DAS Advance Selections by 6:37pm Central Time
Thanks for that info! It will be very helpful in being prepared and not getting flustered.

She asked:

Thanks Sue. Good info!

What if we're planning to park hop? Do we get advance DAS for both parks, both for the first park or 1 in the first park and 1 in the 2nd park? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter