WDW trip with pets

wearesiamese

Earning My Ears
Hello! Question for anyone who has traveled there with pets. We are planning a trip for the end of this month and will be bringing our dogs. We have a hotel that allows pets, but I thought that I remembered seeing a place just outside the front gate where we could take the dogs and sort of be "babysat" for the day while we were at the park.

Does anyone know anything about this? It's been about 2 years since I've been to the park, but I'm hoping that someone can help.

Thanks!

Hi wearesiamese!

I believe that what you are remembering is a place near the TTC where they will kennel your dogs for you for the day. And there MAY be something at Fort Wilderness as well. Even if I am wrong on the location, I do know that there ARE a couple places at WDW for pets. If we cannot get an answer here, I will move this over to the Theme Park Board where we may get more "exposure." :)

Per Disney Site
Kennels

The Walt Disney World® kennels are located at all four of our Theme Parks. You'll find them adjacent to the Magic Kingdom® Park Transportation and Ticket Center, at the entrance to Epcot®, at the entrances to the Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park, and near the entrance to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Kennel fees are $6 per day and/or $9 per night per animal for Walt Disney World Resort Guests ($6 per day or $11 per night for non-Walt Disney World Resort Guests). Guests will be required to visit their pets at least once daily. Dog owners will need to walk their dogs at least twice daily (three times daily for puppies). Resort reservations do not guarantee a kennel space for your pets and you should call for availability. Though our kennels were designed for pets such as dogs and cats, we also accept birds, ferrets, small rodents, and non-venomous snakes, if in their own carriers. The kennels are not set up to accommodate exotic animals. All dogs and cats staying at a Walt Disney World kennel are required to have a certificate of vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian (rabies, parvo, DHLP, Bordetella for dogs; rabies, FPRC for cats).

Fort Wilderness
Specific areas of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground have been made available to Guests with pets. These are full hook-up campsites. There is a $5.00 per day pet charge. (This is a per day, per site charge only, not per pet.) Sorry, Guests in tents and pop-up campers may not keep pets at their site - they must be kenneled.

The guidelines for Guests with pets are as follows:

Pets will be restricted at all times to the designated pet loops during the Guest's stay.
Pets must be walked on the pet path along the canal only. The owner is also responsible for picking up and disposing after their pet.
Pets may not roam freely in their campsites. The pet must be kept on a leash when being walked or tethered when on the site. This tether can be no longer than 8 feet.
Guests may not leave pets unattended in their site, which causes them to bark or whine, disturbing other Guests.
Pets will not be allowed on pargos (electric carts).

Pet owners not following these policies will be asked to kennel their pet.

Thanks for getting this information Zurgswife! I did not realize that there were so many places for people to kennel their pets at WDW. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter