WDW vet visits DL

dmask

Mouseketeer
meant to post sooner.... Loved it! I was liberated from all of the overplanning, stratergizing and transportation! Received some great advice from reading the boards and asking for advice - thank you. 3 day PH and had an amazing time. Guardians of the Galaxy, Indy, Haunted Mansion, a wild ride with Mr Toad, Characters wondering the parks, a castle walk through, mint juleps and so much more. Looking forward to a return trip!

Great! I'm a WDW vet and may take our first trip next May or June. Any tips or advice for a first timer?

meant to post sooner.... Loved it! I was liberated from all of the overplanning, stratergizing and transportation! Received some great advice from reading the boards and asking for advice - thank you. 3 day PH and had an amazing time. Guardians of the Galaxy, Indy, Haunted Mansion, a wild ride with Mr Toad, Characters wondering the parks, a castle walk through, mint juleps and so much more. Looking forward to a return trip!
Wonderful!! We felt the same way last fall and our return trip is in a few weeks!

YES!!!!!! This...!

We recently moved to SoCal from New England -- I had been to WDW many times and was well-versed in all things "you must plan ahead!"...... "Liberating" is EXACTLY the word I would use to describe my experience with Disneyland, as well.

Don't get me wrong, I made many wonderful memories during our vacations to WDW, but DLR is just.....refreshing. More relaxing, less frenetic overall. Easier to navigate. During our first visit, DH and I decided to take a little park break and simply walked over to DTD for an iced coffee and just sat in the shade for a while, then walked back when we were rested.

I just got myself an AP and I am so excited to start spending some time really getting to know "Walt's park!" :goodvibes

meant to post sooner.... Loved it!
Glad you "Loved it", most people do! WDW is too spread out compared to DL. Everything at DL is minutes away, even when the parks are crowded. Having went to DL many, many times we prefer it over all other parks. :hyper2:
My better half goes to Orlando quite often on business, although she always stays at a hotel across from Universal, she never goes into WDW. When she needs to unwind from a busy day of business she goes to Universal only. DisneyLand is her Favorite one and only theme park!pixiedust:
When she travels to southern California she always stays at the Hyatt House a couple blocks from DL. To unwind she goes to DTD to relax and have something to eat while enjoying the DL atmosphere in DTD. It has been rumered she has taken business clients and associates to Storytellers or Napa Rose for dinner a few times but she will neither confirm nor deny these rumers when I ask. Of course, when she gets an afternoon off, she always goes into DL to enjoy herself. :cool1:

Glad you "Loved it", most people do! WDW is too spread out compared to DL. Everything at DL is minutes away, even when the parks are crowded. Having went to DL many, many times we prefer it over all other parks. :hyper2:
My better half goes to Orlando quite often on business, although she always stays at a hotel across from Universal, she never goes into WDW. When she needs to unwind from a busy day of business she goes to Universal only. DisneyLand is her Favorite one and only theme park!pixiedust:
When she travels to southern California she always stays at the Hyatt House a couple blocks from DL. To unwind she goes to DTD to relax and have something to eat while enjoying the DL atmosphere in DTD. It has been rumered she has taken business clients and associates to Storytellers or Napa Rose for dinner a few times but she will neither confirm nor deny these rumers when I ask. Of course, when she gets an afternoon off, she always goes into DL to enjoy herself. :cool1:

I really have to think of DLR and WDW separately. Yes, it is nice that DLR is so much smaller than WDW. Yes, it is nice that WDW is so much larger than DLR. ;)

Yes, it is nice you to do not have to plan as much to dine at DLR. Yes, it is nice that WDW has a larger and more creative selection of places to dine.

Yes, it is nice that you can have a solid visit to DLR in 4 days. Yes, it is nice you can spend 10 days at WDW and it is so immersive.

:wizard:

Great! I'm a WDW vet and may take our first trip next May or June. Any tips or advice for a first timer?
Relax, but look at the experiences you want to try. Take time to enjoy! A break in the enchanted Tiki Room with a dole whip. We had great meals at Carthay Circle and Blue Bayou, dessert party @ world of color, and just spending time walking around - stop by The Opera House in DL! It just felt like a slower pace compared to the sometimes frantic pace of WDW. Oh and Carsland!

I did my first Disneyland trip in January as an adult in January of this year (went with my 21 year old). We've been to WDW about 30 times, so consider ourselves WDW vets. // We loved Disneyland. My tip would be to on top of headliners be sure to do the little kid rides even if you are a party of adults (things like the story land canal boats). There is a real charm to them.

We absolutely love the Magic Kingdom, but loved Disneyland even more. California Adventure was fine, but I would actually rate all of the WDW parks ahead of that. You'll want to do both parks of course though if you are all the way in Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter