WDW wouldn't trade my friend's Sedesma pins..

Thank you. In the last two weeks I bought several pins from e-bay. I thought they were all "real" disney pins. We will see. I'll have to be more careful. I had no idea. Thanks again.

How can you tell if a EuroDisney pin is fake? I have a few from an overseas trade that I was planning to take on our August trip for my son to trade.

Your best bet is to compare what pins you have with what is listed on Pinpics.
I collect the Disney/Coca Cola pins. I love them. Ya, I know -- bootleg. Disney trademark or not. But I collect 'em. :)

this works both ways - that a CM will not have any or trade any of these pins off their lanyards?

If the manufacturer's name is printed on the back of the pin, I guess it is now acceptable to review the pins from the CM's lanyard before we trade?

I just bought some from the Disneystore sale, so I assume these are ok. I bought some pins (only the 20 pc pack) from Cheappins before they closed shop and went to Ebay. I will have to look at these.

Who would have thought pin trading could be so hard - this is coming from a complete, I mean complete - novice
Thanks.::yes::

Have a great night.

it's not supposed to be this hard!!!

Sedesmas are legal to trade until they officially state that they are not. You might have to stand your ground with some CMs that don't know any better.

BTW, I looked at the sedesma as that I just bought before all this stuff happened and there's nothing wrong with most of those pins. They're actually pretty nice although they may feel a little "cheaper" they (most) still have a nice design. I've seen pins sold in the park that are much cheaper looking.

I love the coca cola pins as well (got the 1986 15th anniv set which is one of the few non-bootleg) but I have to admin I like a lot of the bootlegs. Unfortunately either people don't know or there's enough people that don't care that they generally sell on ebay for a lot more than I want to pay for them.

the pins we traded this past April at WDW. I know we traded all of the pins that we got from Cheappins. Anyway, we did end up with a Daisy Duck pin that we got from a CM that was a Sadesema pin.

I have purchased probably 500 pins from Cheappins.com and I have never received any of the Sedesma pins. Since I have had lots of different transactions with them (both on eBay and direct purchase), I would say without a doubt that you would not receive any of those pins from them. You never know when you purchase from other sellers on eBay what you are going to get. I have gotten stuck before with some of these pins and they were extremely difficult to trade at WDW and that was back in May. From other posts, it appears to be getting harder to trade them now at the parks.:yo-yo: :yo-yo: :yo-yo:

How extremely frustrating! My daughter had so much fun trading pins on our last visit. She's a very shy little girl. I made her go up to a CM and ask if she could trade a pin. It was GREAT for her self-esteem. She's 6. She'll be 8 on our next trip. There is no way that I am going to get her a bunch of pins that cost $4 a piece to trade. I know that there are some really serious traders out there. I don't understand it, but no one in my life understands why I like to go to Florida so much either. So, I know I don't have to understand everything. In my mind, I see the serious traders going up to a CM looking over those pins closely and getting only the nice expensive ones or ones they don't have already.

Then I see the other side of it. The kids. The people who do it just for fun. My daughter had ten pins to start with. A super nice bus driver gave her one. She refused to trade that one for the whole trip. It's Mickey at Epcot. That was like gold to her. But, the rest of her pins I bet she traded five times. She traded a really cute one for one that I thought was rather dumb. But, she liked it. Not once did she look at the value of the pin, monetarily. She looked at the pin at how much she liked it. I was excited to see a "cheap" lot of pins that I thought looked really nice. I could see a lot of kids getting excited over seeing them. I don't understand why Disney would have a problem with it. It keeps the young ones happy. Some of the collectors find new ones to collect. It's kind of like having the value resorts and the deluxe resorts.

As far as I can tell, either this policy has changed or the people who have made these claims were rejected once and gave up (or they're just wrong?)

I just got back and had no problem trading Sedesmas. In fact almost every castmember had at least one on their lanyard and I even traded for one (traded it back later because it wasn't what I thought, not because it was Sedesma). One CM even really liked the pin (it was a cute Simba cub). Some of these pins really are nice designs.

1 castmember of the 20 or so I traded Sedesmas to told me the pin was plastic. I explained it was a Sedesma pin which apparently he had heard of and worse, upon closer inspection, he had a sedesma on his lanyard already.

Now mind you I didn't abuse these. I never traded a Sedesma for a LE or Lanyard or other really nice pin but supplemented for what I considered average pins (I'm by no means an expert so that doesn't mean that ever trade was "accurate" but I tried to be what I called fair). I also only traded 1 per CM so if my kids traded a Sedesma I traded a non-Sedesma.

This was at Epcot and MK. I think I also traded a couple at DTD but I only ended up trading at Once Upon a Toy (we weren't there very long).

So for what it's worth,...

I saw some on CM lanyards and in trade books this last weekend.
I can't say I really have seen any change.
Earlier this year there was a family who literally had a sackof cheap pins -- even non-Disney pins -- they were trading on to lanyards/books. They were hitting and covering every area in the park.
Situations like this may be why change is coming, if it is. Hard to tell if it is just a few CMs or actual policy.

Hello,

Well, earlier in this thread I posted that I had talked to a Manager at World of Disney who said they were not tarding sedesma pins anymore. THEN!!! On my vacation at WDW week before last, I saw them alllllll over CM lanyards and so I asked a couple more managers, and one told me it had been discussed again just the day before, and they changed policy again, and said they would be tradable.

I guess that's Disney's feminine side coming out. As it's a woman's perogitive to change her mind...hehehe!!

Blessings,
Winnie

Sounds like WDW made some policies inconsistent with corporate policy and it got back to them.

There's weird stuff going on. I suspect a lot of it has to do with the performance "promises" that Eisner has made that Roy claims he's got no chance of meeting. They gave seasonal passholders 3 additional weeks (killed the blockout dates for the end of the summer) because it's supposedly the slowest time of the summer. It was pretty doggone crowded at MK (Epcot was slightly above average for a Saturday but not nearly as crowded as MK) yet it seemed that staffing was cut back to compensate for the "slow" month. I'm guessing there's a lot of pressure right now to cut costs and increase attendance and other revenue streams in any way possible.

I could be wrong, just seems like some weird stuff going on these days. Lower quality that I'm just not used to (even more than the usual problems)

Today I was at Epcot Pin Central and talking to Jim, who is the Pin Manager for Epcot (and has been for five years (almost)).

I asked him specifically about the Spanish "Sedesma" pins. He said they are Disney Licensed and metal and are therefore tradeable under the WDW guidelines and rules. He said that some CMs will make up their own rules, but under the published WDW rules they should be accepted by an CM when you make a trade.

Tonight at MK the first two pins I traded FROM a CM lanyard were Sedesma pins, (Sulley and a pirate)

Sounds like I'm just gonna take the 2 that I got off a CM lanyard last May and see if I can trade them for a rack pin this time.

Was curious if anyone had tried to trade any Sedesma pins lately. We are heading down at the end of the week and was curious what the latest status was on this. Luckly I don't have any to trade but was wondering if I still need to watch what I trade for. Kinda hate to trade a full price pin for a cheaper Sedesma pin.

I have not noticed any difference. I see them. If I like them, I trade for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter