"We Ain't From Around Here!"-The South Does Disney! A Dec PTR Update 1/11-Prizes!

When do you think we should leave for Disney?

• December 25! Don't take the risk of missing the Wishes Dessert Party because the park is full!

• December 26! Don't give up sleep and family time! You should be fine getting into the park!

Results are only viewable after voting.
AHHHHH, I'm so excited!!! :yay: I had so much fun playing your game even though it would make my heart palpitate as I waited for you to post or as I tried to post my response. I know that from now on, I'm going to see those signs and think specifically of you!!! I already know I want to go to the Captain EO FP sign and take a picture there, hehe.

I'll send you my info via FB; my PM box is full from VMK stuff that I don't want to delete, haha.

I'm glad you guys got snow! :yay: What's crazy is you may have gotten more this winter than we have so far in South Dakota. You definitely have more right now than we do. I'm sure that will change eventually and I'll have more snow than I can handle, but leading up to Christmas, it's a little disappointing.

I feel like I haven't been around for The Waiting Game in a while. Saturdays have been our Christmas shopping and Disney preparation days. I hope I'll be around next Saturday. We're done, I think, with Christmas shopping, and as of now, we only have one more Target trip to shop for Disney stuff. It seems like every time we come home from Target, we remember stuff that we still need to buy. It's little stuff now, at least, like ponchos and such. :)

We have had freak snow storms here in the South two years in a row! Last year we got like 10 inches a week before Christmas! It was so great because there was still some snow on the ground on Christmas day, and I had never seen a white Christmas before! :goodvibes

I understand why you've been so busy! Your trip is only 11 days away! :banana: I am the same way with shopping! For every two things I buy I forget to buy one! :laughing:

LOL...the first movie she was just terrible! Ugh, I could have done a better job in that movie and I can't act for anything! :rotfl: It doesn't help that with each Twilight book I read, the more I disliked Bella, so KS playing Bella really didn't help my dislike for either of them! :laughing: I do love the story though, so maybe this weekend I'll pick up Eclipse! I'm looking forward to Breaking Dawn!

Yeah the first movie was pretty bad! Also, I can't stand Bella's character either! She's so pretentious, like "I don't know I'm pretty, even though all the guys in town are in love with me". Ugh. Also, I can't stand how she's always being carried around by someone like a ragdoll! :mad: But I do love Edward and Jacob, so I can excuse her obnoxiousness!

Am I really the only 20-something woman on the planet who can't stand Twilight?

You're the only one I know! My mom, sister, best friend and I are all obsessed! :rotfl: We're all obsessed with Harry Potter, too! Well, except for my best friend.

AHHHHH, I'm so excited!!! :yay: I had so much fun playing your game even though it would make my heart palpitate as I waited for you to post or as I tried to post my response. I know that from now on, I'm going to see those signs and think specifically of you!!! I already know I want to go to the Captain EO FP sign and take a picture there, hehe.

I'll send you my info via FB; my PM box is full from VMK stuff that I don't want to delete, haha.

Congratulations! :hug: You did a great job playing every week. Haha, you cracked me up with the heart palpitations comments. I feel the same way when I am trying to figure out your PTR game! :laughing: I have all your info, so be checking the mail! ;)

Hi everyone! :wave2: I hope your week is going great so far! It has been very busy for me because my students have exams coming up! I work at an early college, meaning my students take both high school and college classes. This means they have to face EOCs, regular high school exams, and college exams! :eek: They are all so dedicated and intelligent. I don't know how they do it!

Anyway, I called last night and made a very small change to our reservations that I wanted to let everyone know about. If you remember my original plans, we were planning to go to the Harry Potter park on Wednesday, December 29. We were going to stay until about five and then head to dinner at Artist Point at 6:15. Then at 9:00 we were going to go on our special Christmas sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness. However...

One of my students went to the WWoHP over Thanksgiving break and he said the lines were crazy! He said the line for the Forbidden Journey ride was THREE HOURS long and you had to wait ONE HOUR just to get into a gift shop! :scared1: Call me crazy, but I still really want to go. I am so obsessed with Harry Potter I don't think I could wait until the next time I go to Florida to see the park. Therefore, I decided I just needed to schedule more time that day for WWoHP time. I called and changed our ADR for Artist Point to 8:35, and I was able to change our sleigh ride ressie to 10:30! :thumbsup2 So now I'm thinking we can stay at the WWoHP until about seven-ish.

The cast member I talked to on the phone was amazing! :lovestruc She was so sweet and helpful, and she kept telling me to thank John for his service. That really meant a lot to me, because the last time I called Disney when my ADRs weren't showing up on the website the CM I talked to was a complete jerk. Poor Jen (Nermel9) had to listen to me complain about that for awhile via text! :laughing:

In other news, I made my very first set of mousekeeping envelopes this week! I am really proud of how they turned out, and I will be posting pictures of them later this week, so stay tuned! ;)

NINETEEN MORE DAYS! :banana:

Yay for the change!! I love when you get the wonderful CMs and the not so wonderful ones..like the one that "magically" typed in Building 9 for my room request at POP instead of 6. I looked at the map and 9 is like in the back of the property...funny isn't it and she didn't seem too thrilled with me wanting to make a room request to begin with. I did have it changed but was not a happy camper! Glad to see you had magic made!

Yeah the first movie was pretty bad! Also, I can't stand Bella's character either! She's so pretentious, like "I don't know I'm pretty, even though all the guys in town are in love with me". Ugh. Also, I can't stand how she's always being carried around by someone like a ragdoll! But I do love Edward and Jacob, so I can excuse her obnoxiousness!

LOL that's pretty much why I don't like her! Ugh...she just got more and more annoying as each book went on! But like you, I like Edward and Jacob (especially Jacob!) and I like the other vampires, so I do love the books, and the movies, for the most part!

Anyway, all of your changes sound great! :cool1: I'm glad you will be getting more time at WWoHP, hopefully the lines won't be too crazy!

I'm so happy you got a nice CM to make up for that horrible one you had when the ADR's weren't showing up, she sounded so awful! :mad: Most CM's at Disney are so nice and helpful, but once in a while, you get stuck talking to a jerk! :rotfl:

Yay, 19 more days!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2:

I'm glad you were able to easily change your ADR and the reservation for your sleigh ride! :cool1: I'm not too into Harry Potter, but I would like to check out the area at some point. I'll be interested to see your pictures and hear what you think about it.

Missed a couple of updates. Love your christmas wishlist, especially the dooney & burke wristlets.

Good idea on switching your dining reservation and sleigh ride to later to stay at IOA longer. You will absolutely love the Harry Potter area. It was so beautiful at night. Make sure you ride Flight of the Hippogriff too, it is a fun little coaster!

Glad there was no problems changing everything around. My boys are Harry Potter fans, Ben & I are not, at all. My boys would love this! I am so happy you got a CM who didn't have an attitude this time around! I don't see how you can work at the happiest place on earth & have a poor attitude, I know I wouldn't!!!!

Good choice extending your time at WWoHP! I'm hoping it's not going to be that crazy for my cousins when they go that Friday. Howard and I will be at AK taking it easy, and I'm hoping they'll have fun instead of stress! They too won't be able to wait until the next time they go, especially since they don't know when they'll be back. I'm actually trying to convince them to get tickets with the most days on it and add on the no expiration to them. Otherwise getting a 2-day ticket is going to cost a lot! But they don't know when they'll be back even though I have a feeling they will go back eventually (even if it's when we're all married and have our kids!).

It's strange that most guidebooks suggest not getting the no expiration because people forget about them or lose them and thus lose their money. It's always worked for us because my mom keeps ours in the safe! Haha. It just works out for us because we never know how many days we'll be going to a park. I mean, right now Howard and I have 3 parks planned, but if I end up not feeling well and we want to take it easy on Friday, it won't be that big of a deal if we don't go since we won't be losing a day.

AHHHH, your trip is coming up soon! I'm so excited for you, not just that you'll be at WDW but because you'll get to spend time with John!

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend. I have spent the day doing Christmasey things with my family, so I haven't had a chance to get on the DIS. We are getting ready to watch a Christmas movie too, so I need to post the game really quickly before it gets any later!

We are playing to decide who will win second and third place now. Next week will be the last round, so play play play! :)

Remember the rules! Good luck, everyone! :cheer2:

Please name the ride or attraction with this FastPass machine:

game6.jpg

I will be back tomorrow to respond to your comments and catch up on PTRs and TRs! See ya real soon!

Oh, by the way: TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL WE LEAVE! :banana:

Hello everyone! I'm back and I'm ready to post the results of Round 22 of The Waiting Game! The correct answer this week was Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin! Great job, Nermel9! :thumbsup2

Here is the updated scoreboard:

Scoresheet
DisneyFirefly- 2
Nermel9- 6
ChildAtHeart82- 4
RachelNinja- 8
HeatherBelle614- 1
shelbys mommy- 1

Well, it looks like we have our clear second and third place winners now, too! So the final winners are:

First Place- RachelNinja :cheer2:

Second Place- Nermel9 :cheer2:

Third Place- ChildAtHeart82 :cheer2:

Congratulations you guys! You played loyally every week, and it paid off! I already have RachelNinja's information, so Nermel9 and ChildAtHeart82 please send me yours as well so I can send your prizes! :goodvibes Since we have clear winners there is really no need to post the last round next week, so this officially ends The Waiting Game! :upsidedow It's been a lot of fun posting the game every week and having everyone play along! Thank you all for your support and congratulations one more time to the winners!

Yay for the change!! I love when you get the wonderful CMs and the not so wonderful ones..like the one that "magically" typed in Building 9 for my room request at POP instead of 6. I looked at the map and 9 is like in the back of the property...funny isn't it and she didn't seem too thrilled with me wanting to make a room request to begin with. I did have it changed but was not a happy camper! Glad to see you had magic made!

Thank you! :) Ugh you're right, rude CMs are the worst! I was so paranoid after I dealt with the rude one about my ADRs that she was going to cancel them or something just to be mean! :laughing:

LOL that's pretty much why I don't like her! Ugh...she just got more and more annoying as each book went on! But like you, I like Edward and Jacob (especially Jacob!) and I like the other vampires, so I do love the books, and the movies, for the most part!

Anyway, all of your changes sound great! :cool1: I'm glad you will be getting more time at WWoHP, hopefully the lines won't be too crazy!

I'm so happy you got a nice CM to make up for that horrible one you had when the ADR's weren't showing up, she sounded so awful! :mad: Most CM's at Disney are so nice and helpful, but once in a while, you get stuck talking to a jerk! :rotfl:

Yay, 19 more days!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2:

Yes, Jacob is definitely the best! :thumbsup2 I love Alice, too. She is my second favorite character!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for short WWoHP lines!

We are down to 14 days! :banana:

I'm glad you were able to easily change your ADR and the reservation for your sleigh ride! :cool1: I'm not too into Harry Potter, but I would like to check out the area at some point. I'll be interested to see your pictures and hear what you think about it.

I will definitely be doing a full write up about the WWoHP in my TR when I get back- I hope no one minds! :rotfl:

Missed a couple of updates. Love your christmas wishlist, especially the dooney & burke wristlets.

Good idea on switching your dining reservation and sleigh ride to later to stay at IOA longer. You will absolutely love the Harry Potter area. It was so beautiful at night. Make sure you ride Flight of the Hippogriff too, it is a fun little coaster!

Aren't those wristlets amazing?! :lovestruc Like I said, I really really loved the crossbody bad but I just couldn't bring myself to ask for a $150 purse!

I'm so excited to hear that you enjoyed the WWoHP! I definitely want to ride Flight of the Hippogriff! I don't care too much to ride the dragon ride, though. I rode that once before when it wasn't part of the Harry Potter part, and it made me really sick! :sick:

Glad there was no problems changing everything around. My boys are Harry Potter fans, Ben & I are not, at all. My boys would love this! I am so happy you got a CM who didn't have an attitude this time around! I don't see how you can work at the happiest place on earth & have a poor attitude, I know I wouldn't!!!!

I am so obsessed with Harry Potter is ridiculous! :rotfl: Maybe someday if we get to do a joint trip to FL I can take the boys to the WWoHP! :goodvibes

Good choice extending your time at WWoHP! I'm hoping it's not going to be that crazy for my cousins when they go that Friday. Howard and I will be at AK taking it easy, and I'm hoping they'll have fun instead of stress! They too won't be able to wait until the next time they go, especially since they don't know when they'll be back. I'm actually trying to convince them to get tickets with the most days on it and add on the no expiration to them. Otherwise getting a 2-day ticket is going to cost a lot! But they don't know when they'll be back even though I have a feeling they will go back eventually (even if it's when we're all married and have our kids!).

It's strange that most guidebooks suggest not getting the no expiration because people forget about them or lose them and thus lose their money. It's always worked for us because my mom keeps ours in the safe! Haha. It just works out for us because we never know how many days we'll be going to a park. I mean, right now Howard and I have 3 parks planned, but if I end up not feeling well and we want to take it easy on Friday, it won't be that big of a deal if we don't go since we won't be losing a day.

AHHHH, your trip is coming up soon! I'm so excited for you, not just that you'll be at WDW but because you'll get to spend time with John!

John and I have the same problem as your cousins- we don't know when we will be able to go back to FL so we HAVE to go to the WWoHP this time around! I hope the lines aren't too bad for them. Although, I bet since you are going during a pretty calm time of year it will be fine! :thumbsup2

I have never done the no expiration but I definitely think it is a great idea! We usually have exactly how many days we are going to a park planned out, but you're right- it is a good to have that in case you get sick or something! :)

John will be home in five days! I'm more excited about that than I am about Disney I think! :laughing:

Buzz lightyear space ranger spin!

You got it! :thumbsup2

Best ride ever! Haha.

It is a great ride! Although, I think I prefer TSM. But I think that's only because I can beat John at TSM but not Buzz Lightyear! :rotfl:

It was a great game! I bet you can't wait to see John, and then to get to go to WDW! Sounds liek you are going to have a n awesome few weeks!

Hi everyone! :wave2: You're probably wondering why I'm on the DIS at noon instead of working, right? Well, it's a SNOW DAY! (Actually it's an ice day, which is a lot less pretty than a snow day, but hey, a day off is a day off! ;)) Anyway, I decided to utilize my day off by preparing for for our Disney trip, which is now only TEN DAYS AWAY! :banana:

Sooo, I just completed ONLINE CHECK IN! Woo hoo! :woohoo: (I love that this little guy is actually called "woohoo") I've never done online check in before, and it was surprisingly easy, once I was able to get the website to load. My only concern is that it didn't have my request for a king size bed on there. I clicked on the thing where it says add a room request, but a king size bed was not an option. Has anyone else has this problem? I really really REALLY want a king size bed on our trip, so I'm hoping they still have that information somewhere! :confused3

In other news, John will be home tomorrow! :lovestruc I am so excited about this. Seriously, everytime I think about it I get butterflies in my tummy. I have missed him like crazy and I am ready for him to be home so we can start getting ready for Christmas and our trip together! :cloud9:

I have four more days of work to get through and then there's nothing between me and Disney except a lot of fun Christmas activities! I'm so sorry I have been falling behind on PTRs and TRs, but exams have been keeping me super busy at work. I'm going to try to catch up some today, but the internet is being a little flaky because of the ice. It's definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! :santa:

What a fun game! Sorry I didn't get to participate that much. :sad2:

That's okay! You have a pretty good excuse for being busy- planning a wedding! :bride:

It was a great game! I bet you can't wait to see John, and then to get to go to WDW! Sounds liek you are going to have a n awesome few weeks!

YES! It is definitely going to be an awesome few weeks! One more day until it begins! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter