• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are frequent renters and I want to add on a day.

Brett Wyman

Legacy Guest
We are frequent renters and I want to add on a day to an already booked trip so that we stay seven nights instead of six nights. I’m curious about the logistics. Can the owner just add on if available? If not can the reservation be made into a single reservation if booked from another owner? If not made into a single res how does it affect FPs?

Who are you getting the points from? Did you rent through a broker? I would start with contacting them.

We are frequent renters and I want to add on a day to an already booked trip so that we stay seven nights instead of six nights. I’m curious about the logistics. Can the owner just add on if available? If not can the reservation be made into a single reservation if booked from another owner? If not made into a single res how does it affect FPs?
Can the owner just add on if available?
That would depend on whether the owner has the points and is willing to rent them.
If not can the reservation be made into a single reservation if booked from another owner?
No.
If
not made into a single res how does it affect FPs?
Continuous reservations should act like a single stay for FPs at 60 days.

Who are you getting the points from? Did you rent through a broker? I would start with contacting them.

David’s.

Can the owner just add on if available?
That would depend on whether the owner has the points and is willing to rent them.
If not can the reservation be made into a single reservation if booked from another owner?
No.
If
not made into a single res how does it affect FPs?
Continuous reservations should act like a single stay for FPs at 60 days.

Thanks.

My main goal is to not have fast passes affected and to not have to change rooms(booking same room type of course).

David’s.

Thanks.

My main goal is to not have fast passes affected and to not have to change rooms(booking same room type of course).
If the Resort and Villa type (Value, Standard, Preferred, View) are all the same, they can be linked together so that you could stay in the same villa. That should be accomplished by the Member making the reservation for the additional date, but may also be able to be done at arrival.

I would begin by making your request through David's. Perhaps they can arrange for the Member who made the original reservation to assist.

Enjoy your stay! :)

Ok here is a wrench in the works. We are booked for six nights in VGF 2 bedroom standard view non-lockoff. The only thing available on the night we want to add is a 2 bedroom lake view non-lockoff. Im fine with paying the extra cost but would they possibly downgrade us on the first night if requested so we didn't have to move?

Since the room is sold out I doubt they will downgrade you because then someone else wouldn't get the room. They might do it if they have unsold cash rooms available at the time, but I've never seen this happen.

Since the room is sold out I doubt they will downgrade you because then someone else wouldn't get the room. They might do it if they have unsold cash rooms available at the time, but I've never seen this happen.

They do but Im not paying that rate! 1600 a night. Ouch. But like you said by September they will most likely not be available. Oh well. I'll have to decide if its worth moving after the the first night quickly before the DVC 2 bedroom lake view is gone as well.

Just booked last night. Ive been watching availability and finally saw my room type. Managed to book the same exact room type BUT first owner was out of points. So I have two consecutive reservations. We really need a non-lock-off for the dedicated 2 beds in the second bedroom as we have two grandmothers traveling with us. Whats the best way to request that across two reservations and NOT have to change rooms?

Last edited:
Just booked last night. Ive been watching availability and finally saw my room type. Managed to book the same exact room type BUT first owner was out of points. So I have two consecutive reservations. We really need a non-lock-off for the dedicated 2 beds in the second bedroom as we have to grandmothers traveling with us. Whats the best way to request that across two reservations and NOT have to change rooms?
Dedicated (non-lock off) 2BRs are a booking category at VGF. If you’re booked in a lockoff, you cannot request a dedicated villa and visa versa.

Dedicated (non-lock off) 2BRs are a booking category at VGF. If you’re booked in a lockoff, you cannot request a dedicated villa and visa versa.

Ive heard that before but Davids does not show that as an option when booking. Perhaps that makes it easier on their side?

And my reservation doesn't distinguish between types either.

Screen%20Shot%202019-06-04%20at%204.15.51%20PM.png

Ive heard that before but Davids does not show that as an option when booking. Perhaps that makes it easier on their side?

And my reservation doesn't distinguish between types either.

Screen%20Shot%202019-06-04%20at%204.15.51%20PM.png
David’s doesn’t distinguish between the two because they cost the same number of points. However, the owners had to choose one or the other when making the reservations.

You can ask someone at David’s to confirm that the reservations are both for dedicated 2BRs. They should have gotten copies of the owners’ confirmation emails which would show whether they are for a 2BR or 2BR lockoff.

FWIW, my money is on both being for dedicated 2BRs because lockoff are comprised of a 1BR + studio. Since studios are in high-demand at VGF, it’s not likely that there are any lockoffs available for September at this late date.

David’s doesn’t distinguish between the two because they cost the same number of points. However, the owners had to choose one or the other when making the reservations.

You can ask someone at David’s to confirm that the reservations are both for dedicated 2BRs. They should have gotten copies of the owners’ confirmation emails which would show whether they are for a 2BR or 2BR lockoff.

FWIW, my money is on both being for dedicated 2BRs because lockoff are comprised of a 1BR + studio. Since studios are in high-demand at VGF, it’s not likely that there are any lockoffs available for September at this late date.

Thanks thats very helpful. I'll email Davids to verify.

Great thanks. The second res is the same. That makes things a lot easier. Now I just need to ask nicely for them not to change our room.

You might email David’s and ask them to ask the two owners to put a “continuing reservation” note along with the other reservation number on the reservation they made for you. In other words, Owner A tells MS that Reservation B is a continuing reservation with Reservation A, and Owner B tells them that Reservation A is a continuing reservation with Reservation B. So when rooms are assigned (4-5 days before checkin), they can know to keep you in the same villa for both.

The owners could do this via Chat or email to MS, so it shouldn’t be difficult for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter