• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are using points to stay at Polynesian...have question

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
We are so excited...we have excess points and decided this year to stay the Polynesian for our upcoming stay. :cool1:
We stayed there on our honeymoon 5 years ago...so this is special to us.

curious...as DVC point payers...do you feel like you are treated any differently at check in as opposed to cash paying peeps?? worse room, whatever. you know??

anyway..we are excited...we only booked a garden view room. We get our bed made all week and fresh towels for free..:laughing:

we are so excited to be on the monorail again too.

well if anyone has any recent experiences I would love to hear them.
I am off to check out the resort boards...haven't been there in years. ;)

Don't know for sure, but I'd expect the same treatment as anyone else. I'd be pretty surprised if you weren't treated well.

The only glitch I'd forsee with staying at Poly is if you had to cancel. The points would be "Reservation Points," and you wouldn't be able to use them at a DVC resort.

Absolutely not. We used points for a one night stay at the Poly last May. We actually arrived at the Poly at 7am and they checked us right in and gave us a new rehabed room. It was great as we were able to run over to the room, change the baby, unpack, and make the rope drop at MK with the kids.

thats good to hear.

I know about the reservation points thing/cancelling. the airfare is already purchased and this trip is a done deal. If we had to cancel, I don't have a problem re-using the points as reservation points.

It will be a fun change. We have stayed DVC the last 4 yrs and its a new resort that we have not been to in 5 yrs. new resort stays are always fun.

our beloved VWL will have to wait for next May. ;)

I could only dream of having enough points to stay there...we paid cash last year.....

have a great rip.

tobi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter