We dealt with the SPIDERS...what will it be this year?

I'm looking forward to hearing how you find the TIW card and if you miss DDP.

Am with you on stalking airline sites and the prices being UGLY - feel better after hearing how near your trip you booked last time round.

:yay: on sticking with tradition - like my mum always says if something isn't broken, why fix it! :laughing:

How did you decide ADRs...hmm.. I think this would be appropriate here. :hug::woohoo:

:lmao::lmao:I must remember "when reading a post from pooksma, put down the beverage or it ends up spraying all over computer":rotfl2::rotfl2:That was so fitting!!

I'm looking forward to hearing how you find the TIW card and if you miss DDP.

Am with you on stalking airline sites and the prices being UGLY - feel better after hearing how near your trip you booked last time round.

:yay: on sticking with tradition - like my mum always says if something isn't broken, why fix it! :laughing:

I think we tend to eat more when on the DDP...if we weren't on it, I know we wouldn't order dessert at lunch and dinner...or at least we would split it! We're also planning on trying to split some meals so we'll see how that goes too! I am going to keep track of price and exactly what we ate and drank so will pass it along:thumbsup2

It was driving me a little crazy so I went and pulled out last years binder and boy did that take a load of my mind! Couldn't agree with your mum more!!!:thumbsup2

Yeah you're here!!!

It's not that I don't like it...I don't like how dark it is in the rooms. I think staying at SSR as our first deluxe resort spoiled me to the bright colors and lots of natural light their rooms have. I LOVE the pool, I love Boma and I love the lobby!!! The gift is amazing IMO!! I have been known to purchase a thing or two in there!

Can't believe you're only 4 days away from your trip? Will you get your test results before then:confused3

Sadly not till April 5th but it will come soon enough!

I don't think you'll miss the dining plan too much. We have used it some trips and paid oop on others and the only thing I ever miss is the convenience of the meal being prepaid. (and you're right it is too much food)

I hope you find a decent rate on airfare! I found an AirTran sale a couple weeks ago and booked August then because I've been worried about gas prices. Our flights this year (May and August) both ended up being cheaper than last year's (March and August) so hopefully you'll have good luck too :goodvibes

I guess you won't miss the DDP too much! We have done it on most of our trips and have quite liked it, especially since we mostly scored it for free! ;) BUT, last year we were on the DDP for both of our stays and we found that it revolved around food most of the time, so in February we went without any DDP and were happy bunnies.
TiW works really nicely, you don't "have to" order dessert when you don't feel like it, we sometimes just shared things or ordered two appetizers ...........
Much more freedom!

Hey Queen!! :wave2:

I lurked amoungst the spiders in your last TR and I thought I would come out of the woodwork on this one and say HEY!!!!

thanks for letting me tag along on your fabulous PTR!

Our family is vacationing in Washington, DC this year and we'll be at Disney next June..so I'm living through everyone else's trips!!

:rotfl:

I am hoping for the early morning Delta flight through Minneapolis which will get us into Orlando around 2ish!

:thumbsup2 Did you mean drive down to MSP or fly out of YWG and connect in MSP? Last time we drove down, booked two rooms (don't remember where, sorry) with Priceline both on the way down and the way up and easily saved over $1K.

If Westjet or Air Canada come out with a half decent seat sale though we'll go through Toronto...just hate having to get our bags and going through Customs in under an hour:confused:

Yuck. :sad2:

What is a Tables in Wonderland Card?

Something Peg and Geodoc purchased for dining that they said we'll be using instead of the DDP:lmao: Seriously though, I really have no clue:rotfl2: I told Peg to get on here and explain and as you can see she's still not here:headache: My understanding is 20% of food and beverages (again, I thing this includes alcoholic beverages)

I don't think you'll miss the dining plan too much. We have used it some trips and paid oop on others and the only thing I ever miss is the convenience of the meal being prepaid. (and you're right it is too much food)

I hope you find a decent rate on airfare! I found an AirTran sale a couple weeks ago and booked August then because I've been worried about gas prices. Our flights this year (May and August) both ended up being cheaper than last year's (March and August) so hopefully you'll have good luck too :goodvibes

I think that's what I'll miss too...the convenience...and the fact that most times we used it we got it free:lmao:

If Minneapolis wasn't an 8 hour drive I would seriously consider going thru there....and still may...we leave on a Sunday so we could very easily drive to Minneapolis on the Saturday. We'll see:confused3

I guess you won't miss the DDP too much! We have done it on most of our trips and have quite liked it, especially since we mostly scored it for free! ;) BUT, last year we were on the DDP for both of our stays and we found that it revolved around food most of the time, so in February we went without any DDP and were happy bunnies.
TiW works really nicely, you don't "have to" order dessert when you don't feel like it, we sometimes just shared things or ordered two appetizers ...........
Much more freedom!

I am back on my weight loss journey...I lost weight before we left last summer and thankfully I haven't gained any of it back, but I haven't lost anymore so I need to get on the bandwagon:yay: I think paying OOP will help with portions, Jasmine and I can easily split meals and dessert!! I told her though that she can't choose every meal:lmao:

Hey Queen!! :wave2:

I lurked amoungst the spiders in your last TR and I thought I would come out of the woodwork on this one and say HEY!!!!

thanks for letting me tag along on your fabulous PTR!

Our family is vactioning in Washington, DC this year and we'll be at Disney next June..so I'm living through everyone else's trips!!

:rotfl:

I am so happy you came out of lurkdom!!!

That sounds like a really nice vacation, it looks so beautiful there!! For you June trip next year can we expect a PTR and TR:yay:

So glad you started a PTR! I'm in!

So happy you're here!!!

:thumbsup2 Did you mean drive down to MSP or fly out of YWG and connect in MSP? Last time we drove down, booked two rooms (don't remember where, sorry) with Priceline both on the way down and the way up and easily saved over $1K.

If the flights are cheap out of YWG then yes we would fly with the connection in MSP....but if not, maybe we'll drive down. The young lady that will be staying in our house while we're gone said if we want to drive to MSP she'll drive us down....oh to be 21 again!!! I am even more intrigued now that I see how much you saved:cool1:

Yuck. :sad2:

Exactly....it gives me heart palpitations everytime I think of going thru Toronto....:sick:

All caught up. :goodvibes

I love the intros; I did not realize that your sister and BIL were DIS members too. That is keeping it "all in the family."

I am keeping my fingers crossed on the airline fares for you. I cannot believe how high they are and only going higher.

The first day sounds great. We've never done AKL, but we can't wait to try it inS eptember. Going to DTD the first night is always a good way to start a trip and get ideas of how much "spending money" we'll be using. ;)

All caught up. :goodvibes

I love the intros; I did not realize that your sister and BIL were DIS members too. That is keeping it "all in the family."

I am keeping my fingers crossed on the airline fares for you. I cannot believe how high they are and only going higher.

The first day sounds great. We've never done AKL, but we can't wait to try it inS eptember. Going to DTD the first night is always a good way to start a trip and get ideas of how much "spending money" we'll be using. ;)

Hey Kathy!!

Yes, they love Disney as much as we do! They bought into DVC in 2008 when we all went down and then in 2009 was our first DVC stay with them. We stayed 5 days at SSR and then 6 days at AKL...then Jas and I moved to ASMu and stayed another 9 days....it was pure magic!!!

I can't wait to hear what you think of AKL!!! I try and buy nothing the first day because I end up buying stuff on impulse and wish I had waited!!!:confused3

While the Dining Plan can be fun and convenient and frequently free, we prefer to pay out of pocket. The dining plan is supposed to prevent worrying about spending money on food, but we actually end up worrying about it more: We've got too many snack credits left! We have to get dessert! We can't order the cheapest thing on the menu! We're going to run out of snack credits!

It's much easier to buy whatever we want to eat wherever and whenever we want it. :laughing:

I agree with you on the rooms at AKV being on the dark side. I will take some pics of SSR for ya in a couple of weeks :) DTD the first night sounds fun. I am with you on the weight loss, have 5lb to go!!

I am joining in!!!! I finished reading your last TR a few days ago. I showed everyone who came over the pictures of the spiders. I HATE spiders so much, I don't even like to kill them. I enjoyed your TR so much I can't wait to read this one. We will be there for part of your trip, 8/23- 8/31 also celebrating my sons 13th birthday!!!!

While the Dining Plan can be fun and convenient and frequently free, we prefer to pay out of pocket. The dining plan is supposed to prevent worrying about spending money on food, but we actually end up worrying about it more: We've got too many snack credits left! We have to get dessert! We can't order the cheapest thing on the menu! We're going to run out of snack credits!

It's much easier to buy whatever we want to eat wherever and whenever we want it. :laughing:

Excellent points! We started using our snack credits for muffins etc for breakfast but I always ended up paying for something OOP! We also didn't want to be obligated to TS every evening if we didn't feel like going out! There are days where you want nothing more than to spend the evening at the resort!!

I agree with you on the rooms at AKV being on the dark side. I will take some pics of SSR for ya in a couple of weeks :) DTD the first night sounds fun. I am with you on the weight loss, have 5lb to go!!

Thanks Mary....you know how much I love SSR!:love: I wish I only had 5 pounds to go...my goal before leaving is 25 pounds...that will make me one happy girl!! I need to lose more than that but if it happens it happens if I only lose 25 I'm gonna be ok with it!!:yay:

I am joining in!!!! I finished reading your last TR a few days ago. I showed everyone who came over the pictures of the spiders. I HATE spiders so much, I don't even like to kill them. I enjoyed your TR so much I can't wait to read this one. We will be there for part of your trip, 8/23- 8/31 also celebrating my sons 13th birthday!!!!

Thanks so much for joining us!!:cool1: I show everyone the spiders too because no one believes me when I say how big they were...I'm really hoping we don't see any on this trip! Where are you staying? If you see us, please say hello!!!

Great start so far! I've loved reading your ptr so far! I showed my mom some of our videos from our April trip and she got all sentimental and I almost started crying! I am just SO ready to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter