We Defected to the West! DLR 2013

Congratulations on the new purchase!!! :thumbsup2

If I didn't have a decent amount of EF-S glass, I would have gone FF myself. Good on you for pulling the trigger.

Seeing that you asked about the Sigma.....

These next two were taken ISO 100, f/8, 1/200 sec. I was happy with the sharpness and focus of the lens at this aperture setting.

I have to admit that I missed the range of the Canon and for daytime shooting, I would stick with the Canon. The proof will be when I hit the dark rides at Disney next week.

In any case, it wouldn't hurt for my 'family' to have this lens in the house. DH has taken back the T2i and he has been shooting with the kit lenses. I suspect that he will be very happy to have the Sigma in his bag. We can always share it if the lens performs up to expectations.

You are rocking that depth of field! Gorgeous shots! :cool1:

I really don't think I could have ever used the Sigma as a walk around lens. For me it would have always been a low light niche lens. I'll be anxious to see your dark ride shots when you get back.

Since I'll still have the T2i, I'm keeping the Canon lens for now. I'll let the other lenses go first. I can't bring myself to actually list them for sale though until the new camera is in hand and I'm happy with it.

Really though, my goal is to let Katie start to use the T2i more. But I'll probably just have her use the old kit lens we still have around.

You are rocking that depth of field! Gorgeous shots! :cool1:

I really don't think I could have ever used the Sigma as a walk around lens. For me it would have always been a low light niche lens. I'll be anxious to see your dark ride shots when you get back.

Since I'll still have the T2i, I'm keeping the Canon lens for now. I'll let the other lenses go first. I can't bring myself to actually list them for sale though until the new camera is in hand and I'm happy with it.

Really though, my goal is to let Katie start to use the T2i more. But I'll probably just have her use the old kit lens we still have around.

Thanks!

DH has been making noises about 'new camera'. He's been asking me if I've been thinking about FF. I think he's eyeing my 7D (and my bag of lenses) and wants to hand down the T2i to DS14.

I like the way he thinks. :rotfl:

Thanks!

DH has been making noises about 'new camera'. He's been asking me if I've been thinking about FF. I think he's eyeing my 7D (and my bag of lenses) and wants to hand down the T2i to DS14.

I like the way he thinks. :rotfl:

I really thought a lot about the 7D too. I just couldn't get over my irrational desire to take a big leap in low light ability. And with the 7D not out yet, it's hard to know whether that would have done it for me.

I really thought a lot about the 7D too. I just couldn't get over my irrational desire to take a big leap in low light ability. And with the 7D not out yet, it's hard to know whether that would have done it for me.

I'm not in a rush so I was going to wait to see how the 7DMII plays out. There's always the 6D....and the 5DMIII :teeth:

:lmao:

Did I read this right? Your the proud new owner of a Full Frame Canon 6d? Awesome!!!! Did you do the body only or did you get a lens as well to go with it?

Did I read this right? Your the proud new owner of a Full Frame Canon 6d? Awesome!!!! Did you do the body only or did you get a lens as well to go with it?

It's supposed to arrive later this week, along with its companion 24-105 kit lens. :cool1: And I'm about to start unloading glass on Craigslist and Ebay. Well, a few pieces anyway. :)

It's supposed to arrive later this week, along with its companion 24-105 kit lens. :cool1: And I'm about to start unloading glass on Craigslist and Ebay. Well, a few pieces anyway. :)

I can't to see your first shot!!!

Congrats Janet. I did read on the Photography thread that you started about going FF and you did purchase it. I am excited for you and hope it works out good for you.

It might be a while until I go FF one day.

Congrats Janet. I did read on the Photography thread that you started about going FF and you did purchase it. I am excited for you and hope it works out good for you.

It might be a while until I go FF one day.

Thanks Bret! I'm really excited to try something new. :) I love Disney photography and was looking for a new way to shoot it. And dang it..... I need to figure out shoot volleyball still! I figure ISO of 12K might just help. ;)

Lovin all the pictures! But it's time to push...so gotta cut this response short!

Lovin all the pictures! But it's time to push...so gotta cut this response short!

You TEASE! Time to go check Facebook for an update! :) I hope I slept through all the hard part! ;)

Whew! Just read through all of your updates so far. What a fun trip. Love all of your photos. I am so envious of your skills! :thumbsup2 Though it is kind of sad to not see Katie all dressed up. It stinks that kids have to grow up. Can't they stay little forever? LOL

Your Small World photos are my favorites! That was probably our favorite from our January 2012 trip. I love all the smells and characters.

It looks like you guys had a fantastic trip!

I haven't been over here in a while but thanks to your chapter links I caught up today.

I've said this before but I REALLY want to get out there and see DLR sometime soon.

I enjoyed seeing all the pics of your National park vacation. Really stunning scenery. The rafting looked fun, that's one thing I always wanted to do. Maybe someday...

Whew! Just read through all of your updates so far. What a fun trip. Love all of your photos. I am so envious of your skills! :thumbsup2 Though it is kind of sad to not see Katie all dressed up. It stinks that kids have to grow up. Can't they stay little forever? LOL

Your Small World photos are my favorites! That was probably our favorite from our January 2012 trip. I love all the smells and characters.

It looks like you guys had a fantastic trip!

Thanks Yzerbear! Small World was definitely a favorite for us on this trip. :) And it's not over yet. One more day to go.....

I haven't been over here in a while but thanks to your chapter links I caught up today.

I've said this before but I REALLY want to get out there and see DLR sometime soon.

I enjoyed seeing all the pics of your National park vacation. Really stunning scenery. The rafting looked fun, that's one thing I always wanted to do. Maybe someday...

I'm so glad the chapter links helped.

Sounds like a trip west needs to be in your future. Combining DLR with a stop at some of the great western national parks makes for an awesome vacation! :cool1:

How's the new baby (aka lens) treating you?

I've been too busy to do much with it since my first test shots. But I took it out yesterday to shoot Katie's volleyball match. I really enjoyed that, and couldn't wait to see how the shots looks. But it now appears that new memory card has failed me. Neither the camera nor the computer will recognize it. Sort of unnerving since I've never had a card fail before. This one was brand new (it came with the camera from B&H) and I did format it before first use last week.

We just got back WDW last Saturday so I'm trying to play catch up here.

You're photos are amazing....as always. I can't get over what gorgeous scenery y'all got to experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter