We Loved AKV

wildernessDad

DIS Veteran
We got back Sunday from an 8-night stay in a dedicated savanna-view studio.

My DW has some mobility issues and we all know about the long hallways at AKL, so our usual length-of-stay park wheelchair rental was not going to make it this trip. Fortunately, the resort had a wheelchair that we used for our entire stay and this helped us greatly. The studio was very nice, VERY nice and the view, well, what can I say. We loved the animals that we saw from our balcony, especially the giraffes.

I walked over to the kudu trail and pushed the elevator button for the 5th floor. No go. I walked the 4th floor over there and there were construction workers all over the place. They are also re-doing some rooms on the 4th floor; not part of DVC I would imagine.

The bus service was great.

All in all, we loved AKL and AKV. I can't wait to go back again. I wish that I had more than 150 points in the place. That can be changed, however. It would be down the road a piece if it is in the cards.

Glad to hear you had a great time. We just got back and had a wonderful time, too. We were there -- Savannah view 1 BR -- September 3-10. Probably passed each other by some time during the week! I know what you mean about wanting more points. We have 220 and I would LOVE to add a few more -- just enough to make a 10 day stay. Don't know if I can justify the expenditure to myself though (I'm cheap), let alone DH!

It's always nice to hear from people who had great vacations!

We're soon on our way.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We were there too - 9/1 - 9/9. It was a great vacation, but I didn't *love* our studio - 5529 - the far end of the 4th pod from the lobby.

wildernessDad: What about the pull out sofa? Was it comfortable? You promised me. ;)

wildernessDad: What about the pull out sofa? Was it comfortable? You promised me. ;)

I asked my son how he liked it. He had no problems with it. It did not appear to have the bar in the middle. My son slept well and had no complaints.

We were in studio 5523 and had a wonderful 2 night stay. There were only 2 of us, so we didn't need the sofa bed, but we did open it up to see what we could. It's different than the new ones at BCV. Our DDiL is concerned about little ones being able to fall and get stuck in the "works" of a sofa bed, but this one is tightly put together, and there really doesn't seem to be room for a little one to squeeze through. That's good...for now, they're still using bed rails or ready beds.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. One thing I liked about AKV is that the elevator placement was very convenient for the pool and the Mara for our wing at least.

Love these reviews! We just bought into AKV and will probably stay there next summer. Looking forward to it.

We were there about a month ago in a 1BR and it was wonderful.

Here is the link to the trip report I did with pictures: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576223

Some of you asked about the pull-outs. Our young son slept very comfortably on the pull-out chair (the arms of the chair act as nice, built-in bed rails). Our daughter had the pull-out sofa all to herself and loved it.

Fantastic trip overall, no complaints!

I second all the posts above. We had a great 2 night stay a couple weeks ago. Nice view of the pool, and the dreaded "construction" was not a problem at all. It was definitely worth waiting on hold an hour to get the ressie the day akv was opened for booking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter