We need a pic thread...anyone want to share..

Believe, your yard and house are beautiful...just lovely. What are the short rounded pinks in the front of the bed?

They are phlox. I really like them, they get bigger every year and you can split them. The majority of mine came from my MIL. The bad part is that they only bloom in the Spring. I put annuals between them for the summer. At our old house I use to put snowflakes between them, looked like phlox but bloomed all summer. The snowflakes have not done well at this house. I currently put a sun loving type of impatient that spreads, some take off...some don't.

I am really proud of the 5th picture..it has my hybrid lilies in it...in front of the wall..I Love them!!!

Believe your gardens are lovely. The phlox are very pretty and full. Mine are just starting. You must get a lot of butterflies with the blue mist and the butterfly bushes. Do you have any pics of the ponds? I'd love to see them.
Now Shep I know you said there are lillies there but I can't see them. Any closeups?

Believe, I agree. Your house and gardens are beautiful. {Sigh} I think I tried planting phlox a number of years ago but didn't have any luck.

Shep, are you talking about Believe's 5th picture? I think I do see lillies in front of the wall but not clearly because of the distance. So, are you saying that those lillies are REALLY yours (in other words, are you and Believe related?) OR do you just have lillies like them? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Believe beautiful home and gardens.

Shep and I are husband and wife. He loves to garden, I use to at our old house and am just getting back into it at this house. I have given input on a lot of the yard over that past 3 yrs, but he is the one that keeps it going.

His lilies are very low to the ground right now. I edged around them this weekend. We will have to take a picture when they are in bloom. He received another one this weekend from my Mom, she knows how much he loves lilies. My favorite flowers are daisies.

We do get a lot of butterflies with the bluemist and the butterfly bush.

The pond is very small, just a kidney shaped prefab one. It mostly gets covered by the two bushes. I will see if I have a pictures of it to send.

Well, ya learn something new every day! Like my tag says, I'm clueless, but I'm okay with that, especially now that I'm in the know! :D So, let me congratulate BOTH of you for a beautiful home and gardens.

NHmickey...if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those landscaping stones?...i may have a use for htem.

I didn't pay for them... My yard is full of stones and I went to a construction site to get the others... No charge. They said I could take what I wanted. They don't call my street Rock Lane for nothing :D :D :D

NHmickey, great pics. Nice landscaping and I love your stone work. That's a lot of rock to set up. The pond is beautiful too. Any fish? Your fountain is very clever. I'd like to try something like that. How did you do it?

Ohh... Wal Mart. $1.97 (matched a price from home depot that did not have red brick)...

Thank you Glinda... I have a pump in the pond hooked to a small plastic hose inside the can down to the spout. I made the holes in the head a little bigger to stop the build up of sediment and restrict the water flow. No fish in the pond... I do get a lot of frogs thoug. I have two other ponds I'm working on that should be redone (0ne of them was a first attempt at pond building and the other is a work in progress) soon....

NHMickey lovely natural landscaping. I can tell you've put lots of love labor into it.

I also love the watering can idea. Funny thing once you've started pond'ing it get into your blood. Nothing like a water feature included in the landscaping.

Looking forward to seeing more pic's soon. :) :) :)

Bumping this back up, it's wonderful! :)

I am so impressed!

Amid, I love your grasses, your sunroom, your lot.....well, you get the picture! :)

NHMickey, you've done tons of rock and brick work, obviously a labour of love, and it looks great! :) I love that huge boulder, looks like a perfect spot to sit, and plan, and dream....:)

Glinda, gorgeous house and property, really lovely! The gazebo is charming. :)

Believe & Shep, you've done a lot of stone work too. I love the butterfly bush! What a nice yard for your kids!! I'm looking forward to Shep's lily pictures! :)

I can feel it coming over me....that nasty lot lust/acreage envy ....;)...you all have such large properties!! :) :) Our lot is quite small, but someday, if we're lucky, we'll have more room to garden.

These pictures are a real treat, thank you very much for sharing them!!

Kim :)

Yes I sit on the rock and dream (with my dog Chloe... She loves to sit and on the rock and just stare out in to the yard...)

Glinda - WOW. After seeing yours, Mamu's, Amid Chaos' and Dixie Dreamer and Snowark I've decided I have a pretty poor excuse for a garden.

Marlasmom, don't think that!! Our garden is small, but it's ours, and it IS a garden! :)
It really doesn't matter what size your garden is, or the condition it's in, all that counts is that you love flowers, trees, nature, and that you have fun with it, enjoy it! ......:)

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter