• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We will be there this Sunday!

grandmaof10

Earning My Ears
The time is here. We fly to SNA tomorrow night. I am told to be prepared for extraordinarily packed crowds. I was hoping that by taking the grandkids out of school after all the springs breaks were over the parks would be less crowded. But it doesn't appear so from what I am seeing. I've been checking the Disney app wait times each day. But, we will still have FUN! I can't wait to surprise my granddaughters (ages 6 and 7) tomorrow when we fly in to pick them up. We will do a little scavenger hunt at their house and we will be at the end with Minnie Mouse shirts for them. We will be there three days
Sun, Mon, Tues at rope drop and most likely need to add MaxPass. Staying at Candy Cane Inn and will try the walk in the morning and take the shuttle back. Never stayed there before. Our last two trips with other grandkids we stayed at Holiday Inn Express Inn n Suites. (we take two grandkids at a time--four more to go!) Looking at the weather it predicts highs of 69, 67, 66. Seems cooler than normal. Is that warm enough to swim.
Any last minute advice for this grandma and grandpa? thanks.

First of all, awesome grandparents!

I’m not sure where you are from but bring jackets. I feel like 60’s is normal for this time of year. It is “May Gray”. On Saturday when I was at the park, the sun didn’t come out until 2pm. It was cloudy and chilly all day. For me, that is too cold to swim. I need it to be at least 90 something to get in a pool. But some people don’t mind that if the pool is heated.

Get there as early as possible. Preferably at rope drop or park opening.

Use maxpass. Load a credit card into the app now so you can buy it immediately after scanning in. Memorize the 3 digit code on the back. If you go back to the hotel for a midday break, don’t forget you can still make selections. You can have rides lined up for night time.

Use mobile ordering for the places that offer it.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!! :)

The time is here. We fly to SNA tomorrow night. I am told to be prepared for extraordinarily packed crowds. I was hoping that by taking the grandkids out of school after all the springs breaks were over the parks would be less crowded. But it doesn't appear so from what I am seeing. I've been checking the Disney app wait times each day. But, we will still have FUN! I can't wait to surprise my granddaughters (ages 6 and 7) tomorrow when we fly in to pick them up. We will do a little scavenger hunt at their house and we will be at the end with Minnie Mouse shirts for them. We will be there three days
Sun, Mon, Tues at rope drop and most likely need to add MaxPass. Staying at Candy Cane Inn and will try the walk in the morning and take the shuttle back. Never stayed there before. Our last two trips with other grandkids we stayed at Holiday Inn Express Inn n Suites. (we take two grandkids at a time--four more to go!) Looking at the weather it predicts highs of 69, 67, 66. Seems cooler than normal. Is that warm enough to swim.
Any last minute advice for this grandma and grandpa? thanks.

We'll see you there. My partner & I are flying into SNA Saturday night as well, staying near the airport before checking into the Grand Californian on Sunday. Looking forward to getting to the parks.

Hope you and the grandkids have a magical time!

Have fun!! I'll be there the day after you leave. Going with my mom and my son (so his grandma too!)

If you rope drop on Sunday, you should get at least a few hours of great park time (where crowds are light/reasonable for 2-3 hours). In fact, the last few Sundays crowds haven't been bad at all. Hope it all goes well for you. I'm sure it will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter