We Wish You a Mickey Christmas... A Dec. '14 TR! Updated 8/24

I'm here...I want more details (and more photographs) than Facebook provides! :) Plus a little extra free time for the next week or so can't hurt, either!

Joining in!

Following along! :)

YAY!!! :surfweb: Joining in for another trip with you!! popcorn::

I'm here! And I can't believe you guys had never been during the holidays, how fun! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Can't wait to hear how it went. We love going during Christmas time.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Joining! Can't wait to read all about (and see all the photos) of the holiday festivities!

Can't wait to read all about it! Tanner is just adorable!

Following!!!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear al about it!

Here! Here! Here!

Your trip reports are so great! Can't wait to hear more!

Subscribing! Can't wait to see Disney at Christmas!

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

I'm here! :) Can't wait to read all about it. And that picture of Tanner - SO cute!!

Woohoo a new Missy and Franklin TR and I'm finished work for Christmas so lots of time hopefully to read it-can't wait to hear all about it!!

I'm here! Hard to believe with all the trips under your belt this was your first trip at Christmas! Absolutely one of my favorite times to visit. I can't wait to read about all the new adventures.

Can't wait to hear more. Love reading your reports and seeing Franklin's pictures!!!

I'm here...I want more details (and more photographs) than Facebook provides! :) Plus a little extra free time for the next week or so can't hurt, either!

Thank you EVERYONE for such a warm welcome. We cannot wait to share this trip with you, let's get this party started!

We were up bright and early on December 6, well, it was really dark and early because we had a 6:50 a.m. flight. We flew Southwest and had a really smooth boarding process, we even managed to get two rows behind one another on the plane!

IMAG0246-L.jpg

IMAG0248-L.jpg

About two hours later, we arrived in Orlando and Tanner was pretty darn excited! Don't believe me? Watch this video to find out just how excited he was.

DSC02595-L.jpg

Franklin and I were pretty excited to get more time at Universal on this trip…

DSC_0001-L.jpg

… but we’re getting ahead of ourselves, onto the fauxnorail.

DSC_0004-L.jpg

DSC_0006-L.jpg

DSC_0009-L.jpg

First photo-op of the trip!

DSC_0013-L.jpg

We were splitting up on the way to the resort: the big boys (Franklin and Keith) were going to pick up the rental car, while Lala, Tanner and I took Disney’s Magical Express -- or, as Tanner called it, Mickey’s bus.

DSC02596-L.jpg

DSC02598-L.jpg

DSC02599-L.jpg

DSC02600-L.jpg

Someone couldn’t take his eyes off the DME video, not even for a quick selfie.

DSC02601-L.jpg

DSC02602-L.jpg

And, for the record, this was the lead-in for the Hollywood Studios section (no hat in sight!)

DSC02603-L.jpg

Turns out, the boys took almost no time at all at the Alamo desk and were a few minutes ahead of us on the road to Disney.

DSC_0026-L.jpg

We were fairly far back in the bus, so I didn’t get quite as pretty an arch picture.

DSC02606-L.jpg

The boys won the race to Boardwalk.

DSC_0028-L.jpg

DSC_0030-L.jpg

This also allowed Franklin to capture our DME arrival.

DSC_0032-L.jpg

DSC_0036-L.jpg

DSC_0039-L.jpg

Franklin and I went to check in.

DSC_0041-L.jpg

Everything went really smoothly, we had requested a villa on a high floor. The cast member checking us in said we were on the second floor (same floor as the lobby), but he said he thought we’d really enjoy our villa. He would know better than us, so we gave him our cellphone number so they could text us when the villa was ready.

That’s where we’ll leave off for now, but stay tuned because we have a delicious lunch across the lake coming up!

How cool that you had your own photographer to capture your DME arrival! In February, Will and I are going to have to skip DME since we rented a car. Will is excited about this but I am bummed!

YAY! Very excited to read this TR! Hard to believe it's your first Christmas trip to WDW!

So excited to read more and of course the beautiful pictures! You two make an awesome trip report team!!

So happy you all got to visit WDW during the Christmas holidays! Plus staying at my favorite resort - BWV! So pretty during the holidays :) Love how excited Tanner was in the airport - he still looks pretty excited getting off the ME - so cute!

Joining! We are planning to go in Dec. 2015 so I'm very interested to hear your report! Oh and beautiful photos, what kind of camera?

There is so much to do in December at Disney. I can't wait to read all about your trip. :goodvibes

Great arrival! Tanner has gotten so big! What a treat to be able to share his excitement at the airport and on DME. Great photo of him coming off the bus.

:goodvibes

Joining as well! Your nephew is such a cutie! I know you had a great time. I'm going to be in Disney in December of 2015--first time during that time of year, so yes, I will also be reading with interest! Thanks for sharing!

Brilliant start. Loved Tanner's dance :thumbsup2 Good to see you travelled like royalty and had your own paparazzi awaiting your arrival :rotfl2:
Great photos. Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Love how Franklin was able to photograph ya'lls arrival!! Tanner is a super cute little guy and I can't wait to see him enjoy his trip with ya'll!

Walt Disney World at Christmas...I think the only words that would sound more wonderful than that would be Free Trip to Walt Disney World at Christmas!

I love to see the excitement in little kids. It almost makes me a little teary. Can't wait to see you have in store for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter