Weather in January in FL?

Daisies500

Earning My Ears
Hello! We have a trip planned for January 4-8 and I was curious as to what kind of clothes to pack! Jeans or shorts? T-shirts or sweatshirts? Help!

Pack everything! We are going the week after you and I have been getting together lots of layering items. Traditionaly this should be sweat shirts in AM and t-shirts by noon but last year it stayed cold all day. Two years ago my friends were there the week before you are going and saw snow flurries! It could also be 80. We are taking jeans, t-shirts, sweats, and turtle necks to layer with. We are taking warm jackets but not our biggest coats.I will also stick in mittens and hats. We are also taking a few pairs of shorts and our swim suits too. We drive so not too much of a problem but you could also wash cloths if you run out of one kind of weather clothes.Look at it this way, we trade the clothes hassel for short lines and low crowds! Sounds good to me!

jordan's mom

Low crowds and short lines sound good to me; but I saw somewhere that there's a huge marathon there on Jan 6th. So I *hope* the crowds are small, but we'll see. We're staying at Ft. Wilderness and they have laundry facilities, so we should be able to wash clothes if it's all one type of weather and we don't have enough. Have a great time!

Hi Daisy500,
We'll be there for the marathon. We've gone the same time 2 years in a row and didn't think the marathon made it more crowded. It's a great time to go! I second Jordans Mom...pack everything. The weather is unpredictable in January.
Only a few more weeks!
Buttercup

Buttercup-

I've only gone in the spring, so this will be new to me. Would you say it was average crowds or less than average? With a 3 and 1 year old, the patience level isn't so high, so I'm really hoping for low crowds.

Thanks to everyone for the tips!

Hi Daisy500,
My guess would be that fri and sat may have crowds, but after that will be less than average. We were there last year from 12/30 to 1/12. The first week was very crowded. The second week was empty. I just don't remember if the crowds died down by sat or sun. We arrive on the 4th also and are looking forward to no lines!
Buttercup :)

Keep in mind where you are coming from! We live in South Florida and when it hits 70 I'm throwing on long sleeves, 65? out come the sweaters! But that's because I'm used to just massive heat and I have thinned out Florida blood! When I go home to Chicago, I'm FREEZING, and getting yelled at for turning the heat on too high. So if your coming from a cold climate, it's going to seem even warmer to you. I remember in the spring the first time it would be 60 degrees out, I'd be wearing a t-shirt outside because it felt so warm after a long winter. Not anymore! LOL
But anywho, when we've gone in February, I usually wear shorts and t-shirt, but wear a button down shirt or jacket over it in the morning until it warms up, then i take it off.

Coming from another South Floridian, I highly recommend watching the Weather Channel or checking the Orlando forcast a few days before you come. (you can also check the forcast online at http://www.weather.com or http://www.accuweather.com.

We were there a few weeks ago and I expected it to be chilly but it wasn't, at all. We did wear long sleeves and long pants at night because we're wimps but also to thwart off the mosquitos (if any... they always find me:) not real common in the winter.

It has been very warm in FL this season so far so we're bound to get some cold fronts soon. That's what you'll want to look for. They're bound to pass through Orlando (and fizzle over us:) which would mean cool air for WDW. But, it the temp can go up in a day or 2 once it passes through.

Best to pack clothes for all seasons since it tends to get chillier at night and in the mornings but the sun is very warm even if the temperature is in the 60s. (wouldn't stop me from wearing a jacket though:) Bring a light zip up jacket you can take off easily. Bring a sweatshirt (you can get a "Mickey" sweatshirt when you get there:) and bring lot of t-shirts. If you're comfortable in jeans bring them too (for nites or if it does get cold) and definitely bring shorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter