• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

weather obsession

We're in the PNW too. The rain in Anaheim isn't like ours. Generally, It rains for a short time and stops (I know, wierd huh?). It's not the all day (week, month..) soakers we have here...
And when the rain is going to be an all day soaker, like a serious winter storm, you'll see it discussed here for sure! For example, the storm last Thanksgiving was a major winter storm, unusually serious for Southern California. And it was forecast over a week in advance on the major news networks, social media, and in more than one thread here. We had very good discussions going on about what to expect, how to deal with touring the parks in serious rain and cold, and what kind of gear to wear/pack. And people reported back that they had great trips because of the warnings and the advice they got here! See: Rain, Can we chat rain?. Advice for solo trip with rain!, Thanksgiving day crowds, despite the rain, pics + park map offer)

Really hoping we don’t get rain on our trip. It has rained on our last three Disney trips and it never lowered crowds, it made rides close and there was no where to sit to eat since all the tables were taken by people trying to hide from the rain. It was miserable! All I wanted was to avoid rain this time!

Really hoping we don’t get rain on our trip. It has rained on our last three Disney trips and it never lowered crowds, it made rides close and there was no where to sit to eat since all the tables were taken by people trying to hide from the rain. It was miserable! All I wanted was to avoid rain this time!
I know same for me last 3 trips as well, one day of hard rain eahc time

Sunday monday tuessday looking better but wed and thursday,maybe hard rain, hopefully still a little far out for that to change

Wednesday night is the only time I am really concerned with rain. I can handle on and off showers, I live in Oregon after all. And it will be warmer than the rain up here. But we have WOC dessert party reservations for Wednesday night and I don't want to watch it while it is raining.

I feel like I just don’t know how to pack for this trip. Do we wear pants? Do we wear shorts, T-shirts and sweatshirts?? The weather just seems so all over the place that I don’t know how we should dress for it. :confused3

I feel like I just don’t know how to pack for this trip. Do we wear pants? Do we wear shorts, T-shirts and sweatshirts?? The weather just seems so all over the place that I don’t know how we should dress for it. :confused3
I am packing both shorts and pants and some crop pants that I think will get me through no matter the weather. I figure if I will wear it in 40 degree Oregon rain it should be okay for California rain. I am also bringing a bathing suit, just in case the weather is really wrong and a pool day is needed. 😂

Wednesday night is the only time I am really concerned with rain. I can handle on and off showers, I live in Oregon after all. And it will be warmer than the rain up here. But we have WOC dessert party reservations for Wednesday night and I don't want to watch it while it is raining.
I'm in Oregon too and we get there this Friday. "Good thing" I was so efficient and packed last week.... I agree with you though, we live with constant rain here and dont really want it in Cali! But we're at Disney right?!

This is me too! I swear the weather forecast changes every time I look at it. I'm just going to have to bring a little of everything. Such fun!

I live in Salem, OR and have been doing the exact same thing. It sounds like we will be there the same days. We were there in Oct 2018 and had torrential downpours (like monsoon style rain) during the Halloween party. The best part of that night was my boyfriend was saying there is no rain in the forecast on the weather app as I am looking up and seeing storm clouds rolling in saying no, that is a thunderstorm coming. So the weather app was wrong in real time. It rained off and on the next day too and wasn't bad. This time we are prepared bringing our ponchos, rain gear, waterproof hiking shoes. I am hoping by bringing all of this with us, it will prevent the rain from happening.

But we are absolutely hoping for some sun that week!

I'm just north of you guys, and slightly west. We're coming from Calgary though, so there will be QUITE the temperature difference for us! I was there that Halloween party too and I still remember how drenched I got. It was a warm rain though, so didn't bother me too much in my costume and sandals.

What is frustrating me is Accuweather online is giving me one forecast and the Weather Channel app is giving me another. I don't mind a little sprinkle especially if it helps to clear out the park or maybe keep people away in the morning to increase chances of a ROTR boarding group but I am craving some California sun. I am slightly kicking myself for not being a time traveler and seeing that this next week may have been the week to go for that.

Word. My app is saying 100% chance of rain for the most of the week, which isn't too terribly bad, but at KBF it may impact some of the rides we want to go on on Thursday. The sun would be nice to see again.

Well, as a local, I most certainly don't go when there's so much as a hint of rain in the forecast. Don't you know we all melt in the rain?
We don't tan in B.C.... we rust! :rotfl2:

RIGHT?! I'm bringing two pairs of long, one capri, one shorts, two leggings for bounding. Some t-shirts to go under zip hoodies and a lightweight rain coat/wind breaker along with a wool zip up hoodie. Anything else I'll end up buying anyway. We're coming from cold, so I'll already have my big ol' winter coat suitable for zero temps (but I can't see it dropping that low). Runners, sandals, boots...? Good thing the suitcase is so big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter