weather over thanksgiving in November??

mab7

Saratoga Springs
We booked a trip home over thanksgiving. Can anyone tell us what the weather is like at the end of November?? Are the water parks open? and any suggestions on where to have thanksgiving dinner????? thanks

Mabelline ::MickeyMo

We were there last year and it was great. We didn't go to the water parks but spent a lot of time in the pool at the BWV. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Le Cellier. Liberty Tree Tavern is popular and fills up quickly. Make sure you make your PS right at the first day that you are able.

HBC

My family has been to wdw several times during the Thanksgiving time period and each time the weather has been great. Usually it's warm (80's) and there's very little rain. Sometimes it does get cool at night so you'll probably need a sweatshirt...but we hardy New Englanders are used to the cooler weather and smile when we see the Floridians in their heavy jackets during the "cooler" temps(50's). We've been to the water parks during this time period and have never had a problem with the weather. It's a great time of year to go...Holiday lights are up...without all of the Christmas rush. We can't wait...our first time at Saratoga Springs!!!

That time a year can be a little iffy. Normal high is around 75 but there can be cold fronts that take temps down into the 60's, which means it's cold at night. Blizzard Beach is usually closed in November.

I spent thanksgiving there in 2001. The best advice is to dress in layers. The mornings and evenings are cool, but it can get hot during the mid-day hours . It hardly ever rains, which is good.

...and, for advice on where to eat, visit the dining section on allearsnet.com. They have the list of those restaurant that offered thanksgiving menu last year. I don't know if there are going to be changes this year. I don't really care about turkey, so I'm going to be making reservations in Chef de France this year.

we were there last year. High were in the 80's - so there was an afternoon thunderstorm or two. Not many.

It was too hot for thanksgiving!

I did cook a turkey!!!!

we went swimming three times - got rained out 3 other times.

I'll also be there for my first Thanksgiving visit - can't wait! If only I can decide where to eat my turkey! A friend who was there last Thanksgiving week said the crowds were fine but were building on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

This will be our first that time of year. Although we will be having Thanksgiving at home, we leave the day after, although I have to say that with a slight question mark now. I am having a very difficult time booking a "reasonable" price airfare. Southwest is either all sold out on that day and the day we come back (Nov. 25 - 29), or they prefer not to discount those two days. I have one freebee round trip now, but have to buy three other tickets, although my wife will be within 2 point of a free rt at that time. Anyhow, looks right now that it will be about $800 for three rt tickets at that time. We are paying that for 7 rt tickets for next week!!!! But I already have a ressie for a studio at VWL, and 4 tickets for MVMCP on Sunday Nov. 27, and a PS at Tony's for 5:30 that evening. Sounds like too much to let go, but it may have to go to the highest bidder! :badpc: What am I thinking????? :confused3

Ok, please tell me what on earth (4 tickets for MVMCP ) is Rick, this inquiring mind would like to know!!! and $800 airfair for 3 is not bad at all!! All I could find was $400 plus round trip each!! I can't wait to go!! Just hope it's not toooooo crowded to enjoy. But then again, there is always something to enjoy even when it's crowded! Can't wait to see the fireworks, eat at Wolfgang Pucks, eat a huge turkey leg off the cart and get to the rockin rollercoaster!!! and of course see the smile on my families faces, I just wish it could be for more that 4 nights. :banana:

Ok, sorry Newbe. ;) MVMCP = Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It's a special evening Disney has a few nights during Christmas season. This will be my first time to it, but I hear it is a "must do"! They put on that parade you see on TV from Disney World, special firworks, snow on Main Street USA, hot chocolate, cider, and cookies, and limited ticket sales. The park closes at 5, and reopens at 7 for those holding the special tickets.

At $400 a ticket, it may be worth your while to drive to RI, and fly Southwest from Providence! :rotfl2:

We usually go the sat after Thanksgiving as we find it to be the quietist crowd times. We usually have warm weather in high 70's and only once very cool 40's/50's. But if it's too cold I use it as an excuse to go to Norway and buy one of their beautiful sweaters.

We too our leaving on Friday after thanksgiving and staying 6 nights at the Grosvenor. I love that place, not the most fancy but practically in Downtown disney and the price is the best, much better than the army barracks (value resorts)

We've been Thanksgiving week and the weather was pleasant. Warm enough to wear shorts in the day and swim, comfortable in jeans at night. I don't think it ever got higher than the high 70s.

OK what kind of crowd can i expect for Saturday after thanksgiving? I have the option to skip Sat and start my parks on Sunday but I really want to go to Animal Kingdom on Sat. If the crowds are that bad i should just wait. We are arriving Friday about 5 pm to downtown disney and I could just hang at the pool on Sat. Anybody been there before who can give feedback?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter