• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Web Based Interview- how to answer?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
So here is the problem my DD is having with the WBI.

Question: I am never late.- Strongly agree.
Question: I am rarely late-Strongly agree, or is that inconsitent because you just said your never late so should the real answer be "strongly disagree" because you are never late?

Or are we just overthinking this whole WBI. :rolleyes:

You really should not be helping her with the web-based interview. These should be HER answers, not what you tell her. If she needs help, she should be the one asking for help, not you.

For those type of pre-screening tests, the best thing to do is give the honest answer, not what you think is the best answer. I agree with PP, mommy should not be helping with a job interview, even a web based one.

You know I asked my mom as a favor to me to post this as she has been a member of the Disboards since 2000. Really didn't think it was going to get a response like this as I trusted that this board was meant to help people and answer questions.

There are no right or wrong answers to the WBI.

It is really just a preliminary check to see if someone will mesh well with the ups and downs of working the Disneyland or Walt Disney World environment.

Trying to game it is really doing a disservice to yourself. Some people may think they would make great cast members, but end up getting there and realizing that they are not ready or can't handle it for whatever reason (emotionally, maturity, etc.) and end up leaving.

One answer isn't going to have any significant result on the outcome of the WBI.

Answer honestly and just go with what the outcome is. the "always answer strongly" theory works for some and doesn't work with others. Just be honest and neutrals are fine.

Some people make better disney fans than cast members. Also there are people who aren't really huge disney fans, but are amazing cast members. both are OK.

don't stress over it.

In my opinion those are the same thing, and they look for consistencies in answers. I believe on my WBI a couple years ago I marked them the same.

Don't worry about it, just answer normally the WBI is not as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. As long as you match up with how they feel employees should be "Never late, hard working, always willing to help guests, always willing to report theft or other crimes, blah blah" then you'll be fine.

Like someone else stated, web based interview is to see if you can handle working with thousands of people and putting on an excellent performance (aka customer service) onstage.

Your answers need to be honest and consistent.

I have failed the web based interview my first time. I was answering too honestly. Disney wants to be perfect so they want perfect employees. Answer the way they want to hear it. I tried it this way after a former CP gave me the same tip and I got in:)

I have failed the web based interview my first time. I was answering too honestly. Disney wants to be perfect so they want perfect employees. Answer the way they want to hear it. I tried it this way after a former CP gave me the same tip and I got in:)

This*

Listen, here's the thing. You're battling a computer. You're not doing this for a person, you're doing it for a pre-set computer program that is filtering out your answers for "Disney Quality".

I promise you if most people answered the questionnaire truthfully, Disney would have very few hires. No one is perfect.

The computer program for application filtering exists to narrow the applicants so that the real life recruiters can manage it. This is where you have to prove your worth. If they decide you're Disney material, you're in. Once you're in, you have to prove it again by doing the work.

With that said, you do need to practice and get used to taking these kinds of tests. You won't always have someone there to help, and nor should you expect it. But don't feel bad about getting past the "computer" with a few stretched truths.

You know I asked my mom as a favor to me to post this as she has been a member of the Disboards since 2000. Really didn't think it was going to get a response like this as I trusted that this board was meant to help people and answer questions.

Glad you posted this. I have read way too many snarky responses to people who have simply asked for information within this college board.

Kudos to those of you who simply offerred advice.

Glad you posted this. I have read way too many snarky responses to people who have simply asked for information within this college board.

Kudos to those of you who simply offerred advice.

Exactly. Corporate environments are completely different from any other type of work environment anyone will be in if they are just starting off in the work force.

It's important to help explain and give advice on the do's and don't's for people just starting out. I personally see nothing wrong with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter