Wedding Cakes at WDW

married@wdw

DIS Veteran
I'm a former Disney bride and I'm headed to Florida for my 5th wedding anniversary in January. Due to a mishap with our freezer, we never got to eat the top of our wedding cake on our first anniversary. So we were thinking of checking with Disney to see if they could do a mini-replica of our wedding cake for us on this trip. My question is -- do all the wedding cakes come for the Grand Floridian, or does each "resort area" do their own? I think there's a baker at GF who does them all. Does anyone know his name? phone number?

Any help would be great! I tried calling the weddings folks a few days ago but haven't gotten a return call.

Call the Grand Floridian and ask for the bakery dept. Never done it myself, but when I went about renting the Grand 1 Yacht, I just called GF directly and asked who I needed to talk to.

Also, I think that Ohana's has a baker that does wedding cakes as well. I may be wrong, but i think Ohana's is at the Polynesian resort?

HTH! :D

I thought the recent show on The Food Network said all cakes are now done at the GF Bakery. We are coming up on the 7th Anniversary of our Disney wedding and I may order one too. I've also seen that the Boardwalk Bakery does some cakes, primarily birthday but I imagine they would do anniversary too. My guess is the just have the FTW cakes all done in one place for simplicity.

Both the GF and the Polynesian do cakes but ONLY the GF does the cakes with the Fontina frosting and they are expensive. We ordered a cake for our vow renewal reception and even though it was a very simple sheet cake done with the fontina frosting it was going to cost 180.00. We opted for a more simple cake with regular frosting. They did a wonderful job on it and we have the white chocolate bride Mickey and Minnie in our freezer as we speak.

oooh, that sounds good lvs_eeyore!

We're having the standard intimate wedding package cake - 2 layer white buttercream frosting cake - but with the blue and purple chocolate cake topper. :D

Our wedding cake came out of the WL and it was great. Mary was the bakers name. Not sure if she is still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter