Wedding ceremony in resort room?

SwirlTheCitrus

Think 🍊 Thoughts!
Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to have a small wedding in an on-property resort room? My fiancée and I would be legally already married, and it would only be for close family and friends (around 10 people max)

I am very interested in recources that would deem the legality if this. Would Disney have a mechanism to stop such a thing?

Thank you-- and ANY and ALL tips appreciated!

I actually considered this as an option too. While Disney definitely does not condone this, as far as I can tell, if you have the ceremony within your own private room, there's not a lot they can do to stop you. You may have trouble finding vendors who are willing to work with you who don't want to risk being blacklisted by Disney. But if you're just wanting a simple vow renewal type ceremony, you could just get one of your friends or family to do it. Not sure if it would be a problem per se, but I'd feel weird about doing any wedding photography outside of the room or even wearing a wedding dress around the resort or to a restaurant etc - I'd be worried about CMs asking innocently about the details of the wedding and having it come out that we broke the rules!

For the record, there are some budget friendly options in the Disney Springs area or at the Swan/Dolphin through Just Marry. I would probably go with one of those over trying to sneak around and worry about what you'll be able to get away with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter