Wedding Mishap! (Long Rant)

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
I just have to share this as I have just finished balling my eyes out and I am still sniffling as I type.

My hubby's best golfing buddy (John) had a son getting married this weekend. I had never met the son (Derek) but had met John's other kids and his wife at club functions etc... and John said he really wanted us to be at the wedding.

I was not overy thrilled about going ~ 1) because I didn't really know anyone 2) because I had to find a sitter for my daughter.

Well as of last weekend we never received a "paper" invitation ~ only the verbal one... I ran into the groom's sister ( Jennifer) the other day and she said

"Oh, cass you are coming right? Derek (the groom) says you never replied" I told her I had not recieved an invite and she said she would get it to me right away.

Someone left an invitation at our door on Tuesday and I opened it ~ it is for the "Terrace on the Green" (nice place!) at 3:30pm and there was a map with directions.

After being unsuccessful in finding a sitter I switched weekends with Noel's Dad and he came to get her last night - then I went to the mall and bought a new dress for today.

Paul (my hubby) came home last night and said he had tried to reach John all day - to no avail. I had told Paul to invite him for dinner (Friday night) as he would probably be stressed out with the wedding approaching.

Paul and I had an uneventful evening of Discovery Channel documentaries and Law and Order.

This morning the phone rang at 9:00am ~ it was John

"where were you two??? " " Why didn't you show for the wedding??" He was really upset.

Paul is totally confused as the call has woken him... and I am like "what?? What"" he's kidding right?? what day is this?? is this sunday?? I am totally confused too.

Turns out the wedding was on FRIDAY.

Friday at 3:30pm at Terrace on the Green... Oh My God!! Friday - not Saturday!

I get on the phone to John and I am profusly apologizing... "but I thought it was Saturday.. all weddings are Saturday.. who has a wedding on a Friday??? Why didn't you call us??? Why did you never say "Friday" this is an important detail.. people work on Friday - they need to arrange time off.

John said he was pretty upset when we were not there for the ceremony but figured we would make the reception - when we didn't show for that he just figured we stood them up... oh my god - I just felt so bad.

I told him I bought a new dress for today and that I arranged for Noel to go to her Dad's, that I pressed Paul's suit etc... but I still had the feeling he was pissed off... he said

"Didn't you read the invitation"??

I said - I did but I just assumed it was Saturday... then I started crying.. :(

This is like a twilight zone episode or something ~ I can't remember feeling as bad as I do this moment. Once I had dealt with Noel I started really looking forward to a night out.

Well Paul and I are going out for dinner tonight and I am wearing my new dress... a couple of margaritas will make me feel better.

Thanx for listening

>>^..^<<

How awful for you! This was clearly just a misunderstanding. You'd think if someone was having a wedding on a Friday, that would be clearly mentioned, and you'd receive a proper invitation more than three days prior. And then to act as if you'd committed some crime.

My first wedding was a fancy affair, and several people who had confirmed attendance did not show up. It would never have occurred to me or my family to hunt down the no-shows and give them grief. If this was so important to your DH's friend, why didn't he phone when you had missed the ceremony?

Stop feeling terrible. He doesn't have the right to put that on you.

Now go have a good time and Kungaloosh!

Mort.

Thanx Mort ~

I am starting to feel better now that the shock has worn off.

Hubby just asked if there was anything I wanted to do today and I was at a loss. I keep thinking I have to go to a wedding LOL

Mort ~ I think we are on the same flight coming home - Sep 1st, AC 013 at 1355?

>>^..^<<

Yup, that's the one!

Mind you, I'm not really looking forward to the flight home ;)

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Ciao,
Mort.

Cass, I hope you really enjoyed your evening out and wearing your new dress! :)

It's an unfortunate misunderstanding at the moment but hopefully you can all laugh about it in future years.

OH MY!!! Well, there's not much you can do is there. It was all just a misunderstanding. Probably if you would have gotten the invitation earlier you wouldn't have had it so set in your head that the wedding was on a Saturday. Just send them a nice gift with your sincere apologies. It was an innocent mistake.

I am still in the twilight zone... my story continues...

Today we went to the Woodbine Racetrack (because there was no wedding!) and we were looking through the program and pcking horses for the next race.

We were looking at the list for the 6th race and I picked #3 and put 20.00 to show and my hubby picked #2 and put 50.00 to show.... then as we were waiting for the race to start we noticed that there were WAY MORE horses in this race then the 5 listed on the program.

Turns out - it was the 5th Race - not the 6th race - and we just bet on 2 horses that were not the right ones LOL

But heres the thing - the race ran.. and guess who won - #2 at 32 to 1 odds... and # 3 (my horse came in 2nd) On this mix up of races... my hubby won 472.50 and I won 74.00 :)

THis time it was a good mix up!

Can someone please remind me when it's time for my flight incase I get mixed up and miss it??

>>^..^<<

I'm glad to see you're feeling better. It was definitely all a misunderstanding. Like someone mentioned above, I bet you'll all be able to laugh about this in the future. You have explained yourself well. Now, go out and have fun spending your winnings!! :)

Cass, you can't beat yourself up about something that you cannot change :) WTG on the winnings at the racetrack !

Mary Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter