Weigh in with your new park expertise! (Used to be a pro, now I’m out of the loop!)

MouseMamaToMany

Mouseketeer
For you folks who have been to the parks recently, I’d love to pick your brains! I’m taking my mom for her 65th birthday trip, which nearly didn’t happen because she became very sick with Covid 5 weeks ago. I stopped thinking and reading about all things WDW because I couldn’t bear the thought of not going or going without her. Unfortunately, that leaves me severely behind the times! Will you help?

1- RotR no longer has a virtual queue, right? Just a standby queue and a paid Lightning Lane? Is this something we should rope drop? (I’ll usually rope drop SDD and knock out all of Toy Story Land first thing.)

2- Is the Remy VQ pretty much the same as the one that used to exist for RotR? Do boarding groups fill just as fast?

3- I’m on the fence about Genie+, but think it could be a benefit at MK and HS. If you had to pick one of those, which would it be?

4- How early should we get in the queue for Candlelight Processional seats if we have the dining package? (Totally lucked into one at Biergarten as I was browsing dining last week!!!!)

Thank you in advance for sharing your Dis wisdom!!! Looking forward to this trip very much!

1 - Correct, no VQ, just Standby and ILL$ Lightening Lane. You want to be very very early to do Rope Drop. Hopping in line just before closing is probably a better option.
2 - Remy VQ works like RotR did. Boarding Groups do not fill up fast.
3 - Most useful for MK if you enjoy doing most of the attractions. We skip a lot at MK, so we found it just as useful at HS.
4 - Dunno

1- I would just do ILL, no more VQ

2- Yes. At exactly 7am, I got group 64 that wasn't called to board until 3pm

3- I would use in DHS because there are less rides. MK has more availability with standby lines not being totally ridiculous

4- Not sure about this one

In the past for the CP dining package we would be in line 30-45 minutes before the show we did not need to be in front so did not matter that much to us knew we would get a seat.

We were just there and I would buy genie+ for the entire trip.
I would buy the extra fee LL for Remy that way you do not have to worry wondering when you will be called to the VQ and you could be at the other side in FW plus you would know the tIme and also for Rise so you are not standing for a long while and know your time. It tends to break down a lot. Not sure what kind of shape your DM is in but mine is a little older and she had a wheelchair for the parks each day it was too much walking for her. She paid at our first park for the entire stay and then each day just had to show her receipt at the wheelchair rental.

Last edited:

For you folks who have been to the parks recently, I’d love to pick your brains! I’m taking my mom for her 65th birthday trip, which nearly didn’t happen because she became very sick with Covid 5 weeks ago. I stopped thinking and reading about all things WDW because I couldn’t bear the thought of not going or going without her. Unfortunately, that leaves me severely behind the times! Will you help?

1- RotR no longer has a virtual queue, right? Just a standby queue and a paid Lightning Lane? Is this something we should rope drop? (I’ll usually rope drop SDD and knock out all of Toy Story Land first thing.)

2- Is the Remy VQ pretty much the same as the one that used to exist for RotR? Do boarding groups fill just as fast?

3- I’m on the fence about Genie+, but think it could be a benefit at MK and HS. If you had to pick one of those, which would it be?

4- How early should we get in the queue for Candlelight Processional seats if we have the dining package? (Totally lucked into one at Biergarten as I was browsing dining last week!!!!)

Thank you in advance for sharing your Dis wisdom!!! Looking forward to this trip very much!
1. I would buy the RotR LLI$ pass rather than rope drop the ride. If you rope drop then by the time you are off, there will be long wait times for other rides. If you don't plan to ride some of the rides, such as Rock and Roll , Tower of Terror, and Star Tours, then I don't think you need to buy the Genie+ pass. You can rope drop SDD then ride the rest of the Toy Story rides. We bought Mickey and Minnie LLI$ to make it easier to ride what we wanted without long lines because we weren't doing a full day at HS.

2. The Remy VQ is really just a standby line - a very long standby line. Count on waiting in line for 45 minutes if you get the VQ.

3. I would buy Genie+ for MK. It is the best way to be able to ride Jungle Cruise. That ride has suddenly become very popular and the standby lines stay long all day long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter