Weight Watchers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yippee!! Today was my 12th weigh in since starting the program January 1. I have lost every week so far. This is my fourth time on WW and I really feel I will finally make goal this time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will make my goal by my Disney trip in November.

Those were some really interesting stats dthogue. Right now I have lost an automobile tire. I really want to get to that elephant heart mark though.

Great Job!

Right now I'm at microwave oven - I shooting for the "World's Largest Ball of Tape!!" :woohoo:

My husband hasn't been as successful because he's just not used to the work it takes to prepare your meals ahead of time. He's a paramedic and is in an ambulance all day. he would eat take out/fast food all teh time and now he finds it difficult to resist the temptation of his partner eating mcDonalds, lol.

I am a hospice nurse, and I am in my car all day between seeing my patients. I do keep a little cooler in my car with me with cold water, fruit, cut up veggies, etc. This keeps me on track. As for the fast food, I have to be honest with you, I HAVE NOT given it up. I have lost nearly 60 lbs, eating fast food at least 3 times a week.

The key for me is knowing how many points are on each menu item. Then I go with a plan. I have "Go To Meals" items at every fast food restaurant in town.

Taco Bell
Fresco beef Taco Crunchy 4 pts
Chicken Gordita Supreme Fresco Style 5 pts
Chicken Soft Taco Fresco Style 4 pt
Crunchy Beef Taco (Regular not Fresco) 4 pts
Mexican Rice 3 pts

I make a 7 to 9 point meal for myself out of a combination of two of the above items and a piece of fruit from my cooler.

McDonald's

Truthfully here I stick with Happy Meals, Hamburger (7pts) or 4 Chicken Nuggets (5pts) with Sweet and Sour (1pt) and Apple Dippers. If I have the points I use the Caramel Dip (2pts), if not I just eat the apples plain.

Other good items
Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich without Mayo 9 pts
McChicken No Mayo is 8 pts
Filet o Fish without Tatar sauce is 8 pts

If fries are a must, a small is 6pts (I was never a fry girl)

Again I alway supplement with fruit or carrot sticks from my cooler

Burger King

For me is always
Whopper Jr, no Mayo 8 pts
Apple Fries

Wendy's

My favorite thing at Wendys is Small Chili (4pts)

If I choose to eat Saltines with it 2 packets are (1 pt)

My favorite thing to do with the chili though is to order 2 side salads with it (0pts) I dump the Chili over the salads and add 1 pack of sour cream (1 pt)
Very Filling 5 point lunch!

A jr hamburger at Wendy's is 6 pts

Steak and Shake

Shooters
4 pts each with cheese or without...but if you have 2 without cheese they are only 7 points and if you have 2 with cheese, they bump up to 9 pts (WW Math!)

I usually get 2 without cheese and a bag of apples.

My point is, I never feel deprived on WW, and I can pretty much eat anywhere.

Has anyone found a site that you can enter your old WW receipes to get the new point plus amounts? I'm having trouble with what and how much I can eat when cooking at home.
-Stephanie

We just got home from a wonderful day in Washington DC to see the Cherry Blossoms. DH, DD and I had a great time - did a ton of walking, my feet hurt. We also spent some time in the American History Musuem. I packed my lunch and we had McDonalds (I had a salad) for dinner, so I was very happy to stay within my points. Weigh in is tomorrow morning.

I'm so bad with personals - I haven't figured out the multi quote thing, but congrats to all the losers and welcome to our new friends. It is great to see so much activity here.

Have a good evening everyone!
I have always wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms in DC!

Here is how you to multi-quote:

(1) click on
multiquote_off.gif
in every post you want to quote until ...
(2) you get to the last post and then click on
quote.gif

Hello, it's been awhile since I checked in. I've been busy and was sick for 5 days!!

My happy news is that I was done 3.6 pounds today (didn't weigh in last Saturday-I was gone). That makes a total of 21.2 pounds since mid January.

My birthday is in April, so I have three more weigh in dates before it. I am planning to be at 25 pounds lost by then. I never like to make specific weight goals, because I try and focus my energies on my behavior, not the scale, but I think that it is a more than reasonable goal.

I am also going to tell my family I don't want a cake. Cake is just hard for me to have in the house. Other things don't bother me at all (we have 6 boxes of GS cookies on the counter right now and I really don't care) but cake does. Instead, I am going to tell dh I want to take the family to Baskin Robbins. I can choose a specialty ice cream on a cone for a treat, with no leftovers.

Hvae a good weekend everyone.

Julia

Has anyone found a site that you can enter your old WW receipes to get the new point plus amounts? I'm having trouble with what and how much I can eat when cooking at home.
-Stephanie

Didn't realize you were a Stephanie too :thumbsup2. If you have etools you can plug everything into the recipe builder. If not I'm not sure what else you can use.

Hello, it's been awhile since I checked in. I've been busy and was sick for 5 days!!

My happy news is that I was done 3.6 pounds today (didn't weigh in last Saturday-I was gone). That makes a total of 21.2 pounds since mid January.

My birthday is in April, so I have three more weigh in dates before it. I am planning to be at 25 pounds lost by then. I never like to make specific weight goals, because I try and focus my energies on my behavior, not the scale, but I think that it is a more than reasonable goal.

I am also going to tell my family I don't want a cake. Cake is just hard for me to have in the house. Other things don't bother me at all (we have 6 boxes of GS cookies on the counter right now and I really don't care) but cake does. Instead, I am going to tell dh I want to take the family to Baskin Robbins. I can choose a specialty ice cream on a cone for a treat, with no leftovers.

Hvae a good weekend everyone.

Julia

Hey Julia, sorry you haven't been feeling well and way to go on that 3.6 lbs :cheer2:. I don't know how I am going to handle my birthday next week. No one has asked me or said of any plans. Last year we didn't do much because I didn't want the pressure of food. This will be my 40th so I know everyone will want to make a big deal of it. I guess I will just use moderation as my tool to get through.

Hi Everyone!

Well this week I stayed the same after my initial 5 lb. loss the first week. Oh well, right? It is almost TOM so that could have something to do with it.

On a positive note, we went out to dinner tonight to Longhorn Steakhouse and I was able to stay OP. I had a mixed green salad, steamed asparagus and a 6oz. sirloin. I was very proud of myself for not dipping into the endless loaves of bread they kept bringing or the free desserts we got because our waitress forgot to place our order.

Hoping I may be down a little in a day or too.

Sounds like many of you are doing great!

Keep plugging along all my fellow Dis'ers! All the hard work will be so worth it!

Didn't realize you were a Stephanie too :thumbsup2. If you have etools you can plug everything into the recipe builder. If not I'm not sure what else you can use.

That's one thing I wished WW would improve on. If I'm a WW member I should be able to use the tools on line too. Same if someone is an on-line member they should be able to set in on meetings. They're getting our membership and weekly membership dues. :headache:
-Stephanie in NC

That's one thing I wished WW would improve on. If I'm a WW member I should be able to use the tools on line too. Same if someone is an on-line member they should be able to set in on meetings. They're getting our membership and weekly membership dues. :headache:
-Stephanie in NC

Maybe you already know this but just in case you don't if you switch to monthly membership you get etools for free. My one WW friend at my meetings made lifetime and that is the one thing she misses the online tools. If you list some of your favorite recipes maybe some of us can help you out with converting the points for ya. :)

Back from weigh-in - this was my 16th week, so I received the lovely charm! I was down 3.4 pounds for a total of 36.4!!!

I continued my 1/2 marathon training this morning and ran 3.1 miles. Tomorrow is my first "long run" day - I am scheduled to ran 4 miles - wish me luck!

Have a great Saturday! Hoping to stay on program today - no binge eating this afternoon, I can do this, I WILL do this!

yay! how was your run today?

-Stephanie in NC

Maybe you already know this but just in case you don't if you switch to monthly membership you get etools for free. My one WW friend at my meetings made lifetime and that is the one thing she misses the online tools. If you list some of your favorite recipes maybe some of us can help you out with converting the points for ya. :)

::yes:: and the monthly pass is only $19.95 for one month right now...much better deal than the weekly fee:thumbsup2

I'm not aware of this. Do I just prepaid at my next meeting?
-Stephanie

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in. Early in the week I had lost 5.5 pounds on my home scale but now it is only 4 - which is still great - it is also that TOM so I am pretty sure that will affect things...

I am a little leary of the new ponts system....I am having a hard time making my points each night - I am meeting my good health guidelines and then I feel like I am just adding foods in to be adding them in...I read on the weight watchers website and this seems to be common and it appears they still want you to have a treat....

I just feel ridiculously full today - which leaves me wondering if I will really be able to sustain any real weight loss.

I'm not aware of this. Do I just prepaid at my next meeting?
-Stephanie

I think you can go to the website and buy a monthly pass, then bring it to your next meeting. Last time I did WW I did the monthly pass and it was nice to have the etools. You can sign up and they'll automatically send you a new pass when the old one expires. It was pretty easy.

Here is a link: http://www.weightwatchers.com/monthlypass/index.aspx

yay! how was your run today?

I DID IT :banana: - I can't believe it - I am doing intervals for my long runs so I ran 3 minutes, walked 1 minute. I averaged about a 14 minute mile, which for me is good! I only have to add 9 more miles to get to the 1/2 marathon, but I feel better about it after each run - it is amazing what you can do if you only try!

Thanks for asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter