Welcome aboard the Yacht Club (TR Wrap Up)

So, a bit of an update. I drank a lot of water to try and flush everything out and I'm feeling a little bit better. I'm just going to relax a bit before going out for a round of golf. It's actually beautiful out today, and I've spent a bit on the balcony just relaxing. The view may not be great, but the weather makes up for it.

Reactions: KnK
So, a bit of an update. I drank a lot of water to try and flush everything out and I'm feeling a little bit better. I'm just going to relax a bit before going out for a round of golf. It's actually beautiful out today, and I've spent a bit on the balcony just relaxing. The view may not be great, but the weather makes up for it.
Enjoying your trip report! Will be my first time staying at YC in Nov.-can't wait!

Enjoying your trip report! Will be my first time staying at YC in Nov.-can't wait!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. My room was beautiful and I really enjoyed the location quite a bit. It may be my new favorite resort!

iZul9pL.jpg

Despite some really nasty looking clouds and a group of friends who had to drop out at the last minute, I decided to push forward with some evening golf. There was a bit of a scare with some ominous looking clouds out on the periphery, but in the end, they all stayed away and I got no rain while I play. Solo golf was awesome. I may not be good at the game of golf yet, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

PPmc4Yl.jpg

This hole, a par three with water not far off of the tee box and a Mickey head sand trap, was a lot of fun to play. I was catching up to the people playing in front of me, so to slow myself down a little, I started playing two balls and seeing which ball I would get a better score off of. They both ended up being a par, so not a bad hole.

a7nb1rQ.jpg

A few more deer joined me on two of the holes, staying along the tree line and just hanging out for a bit. Maybe they're used to golfers because they didn't seem startled about me playing through.

After a touch under 2 hours, I had played through my 9 holes (50 on a par 36, in case you're curious), turned in the golf cart and met up with a friend for dinner before making the drive back home to beat the storm. I as of right now, Irma continues to track a little more west than early projections show, seemingly taking us out of the eye of the storm but still in for a bit of weather. I think we'll be ok.

So, that wraps up my stay at the Yacht Club. I lost about a day of vacation and about 12 hours of resort time due to this stupid hurricane, but I still had a great time. It was among my favorite, most relaxed Disney trips I've taken so far.

Odds and ends to wrap this up:
  • The Yacht Club, especially with the new rooms, is now my favorite Disney Resort, taking the spot of the Grand Floridian. While the Grand Floridian is a beautiful resort, the rooms are a little bit dated and as nice as it is to be close to Magic Kingdom, the Yacht Club's location worked out far better for me. I found that I much preferred being close to Epcot and Boardwalk and even Hollywood Studios. I loved being able to walk to the World Showcase to grab a bite to eat and walk around without feeling like I had to plan a park day to get something to snack on. I was much more apt to walk about, come back and get out of the heat, and then head back out to another destination. No other resort seemed to give me that kind of freedom (I haven't stayed at Beach Club or Boardwalk, but I'm sure they're similar).
  • I spent far less time at the parks than I thought I would. This felt like a very resort focused trip, and not by any plan. It just seemed like a nice thing to do for this trip once I settled in. This actually made this vacation feel more like a vacation rather than a series of planned excursions to accomplish each day. I could easily get used to this style of Disney trip.
  • Even as an amateur golfer, the Disney golf courses are easy to appreciate. They're beautifully set up and well maintained. There is free taxi service (gratuity included!) to and from the golf courses from any Disney Resort. The golf carts are top notch and the service was excellent. Even the walking course was great. For those interested, they have Clicgear 3.5+ push carts as their rentals. I've looked very long and hard at picking one up but didn't know if I could justify the price. Being able to actually use one for a round of golf showed me how awesome they are. Maybe Santa can bring me one for Christmas.
  • Speaking of the Golf, it was a great way to spend 2 - 3 hours. It got a little bit hot, sure, but it was a lot of fun. I got paired up with a very nice older gentleman on my first 9 holes who happened to be staying at the Grand Floridian. We had a lot of fun playing. A round of at least 9 holes (preferably more) will now be added to every Disney vacation I take.
  • As I kind of expected, the buses with the most passengers tended to be heading to Animal Kingdom. I skipped the park to avoid the crowds. Pandora seems to be a very big draw at the moment.
  • The Wave is still an excellent, underappreciated restaurant that I will continue to plan for every trip. Even the "mediocre" meal was better than a lot of meals I've tried at different restaurants around Disney.
  • The "Minnie" Vans that I saw driving around look very cool, but it's a good concept that's about $5-10 more than I'm comfortable spending.
So, that wraps up another trip and trip report. Hope you all enjoyed following along! This one may not have been as action packed as others, but it's the first Disney vacation that was truly relaxing. I'm looking forward to the next one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter