Welcome, Foolish Mortals...to an October 2011 PTR! *Trip Report link is up, pg 71!!*

I think AKL will be great! If you are driving anyway, the distance really shouldn't make much difference.

I'm really excited about the F&W Festival and MNSSHP, too. We've done MVMCP many times and love it, and so if MNSSHP actually is better then it should be a lot of fun. Have you started thinking about costume ideas yet?

It's kind of funny that your concern about the weather is that it not be too hot. I'm concerned it might be too cold. :laughing: Hopefully that means it will be just right.

Well, my DH would disagree, LOL! After our first family trip, I was ready to go back! DH thinks "there are other places to vacation than just Disney World!"

I'm actually going back in September with my mom, sister, and sis's BFF (adults only! :woohoo:) but I hope our next family trip will be in 2013. I really want to go back once the Fantasyland expansion is finished. So hopefully since that will be 3 years since our last trip, DH will be ok with it!

LOL, my DH thinks there are other places to vacation too, but I'm just not ready to give up WDW yet! The most I would consider right now would be California...Disneyland! :rotfl:

I hope you get your DH to go back in 2013! I can't wait for the new Fantasyland! :cool1:

Our first trip was Sunday to Saturday, with those 2 days being travel days. So really we just had 5 days in the parks. The second trip, we actually drove down most of the way Saturday and spent the night in a hotel. This way we were able to drive the rest of the way Sunday, check in, get our park tickets and go! We were able to get to Epcot just before lunch. It was really nice having the extra time, even though it was just about half a day. Long story short, I'm hoping the next trip we can go for 8 or 9 days.

Both of our trips have been in October. Yes, it was hot, but nothing too unbearable IMHO. And it didn't rain once on either trip.

We've eaten at Boma once during each of our trips... the 1st time, as soon as we walked into AKL, my DH was all, "Man, I really want to stay here!" (We've only stayed at ASMovies. AKL is a HUGE step up!) Hopefully we'll get a chance to stay there one day!

We did MNSSHP on our first trip... it was fun! Seeing all the characters dressed up for Halloween was cool. And the parade was also a favorite.

What are you thinking of dressing up as? Our DDs dressed in costume, but I knew there was no way I'd get DH to. I wore yellow capris and a blue tee layered over a red one... can you guess who I was supposed to be?

Our first trip was Saturday to Sunday too, and our first and last days were travel days! We did 4 days in the parks, and we did one day in the water parks...and it was not enough! :rotfl:

I'm glad to hear the weather is nice in October! I'm prepared for hot, but not sweltering! :rotfl: I can deal with the heat, I just really hate humidity!

I hope you get to stay in AKL someday! Trust me, if it wasn't for that pin code, we would be staying in Pop, the deluxes are just way too expensive without a good discount!

I'm not sure what to dress up as for MNSSHP...I think we are doing 2, so I might just dress up for one. It all depends on how much weight I lose by October! :rotfl: Were you supposed to be Snow White? That's really cute, actually! Dressing up without actually dressing up!

great details!!!!

You'll like AKL or not like it and not stay there again lol.

I went the 3rd week of Oct last year and it was in the low 90s high 80s so you can still get warm weather later in the month too!

Make sure to set aside pool time and lots of fruity drinks!

Thanks! I'm sure we will like AKL, I will just have to get used to all that driving! That's one of the things I didn't like about ASMu, it was so far away! And AKL is even farther! :eek:

I know I have no control over the weather, but I hope it's in the 80's for most of the trip! Once it gets up into the 90's, it gets hard for me to deal with it!

Count me in!!!

I can't get the little welcome smiley to work, but Welcome! :banana: Thanks for joining!

Hello there! We'll be there for the same dates...minus two days at the end.:sad2: We'll be at AKV on the 30th, but then we're moving to Pop for the rest of our stay. So maybe we'll cross paths at some point! I'm excited for Food & Wine as well! I was in Disney after you last year and after food & wine was over but they still had that cosmo slush! Yum!:cloud9:

Ugh, again, no welcome smiley! :cheer2: Thanks for joining, welcome! That's so exciting that we will be there the same days! I am so excited to go back for Food and Wine, it's so much fun! :woohoo:

Wait, you are back to AKL now?! YAY!!!!!! I promise, you will like it!

LOL, yep, back to AKL! I was only booked at BC for about a week, before Brandon convinced me to change back to AKL! :rotfl: I'm excited about staying there, I just hope driving such long distances isn't annoying! :confused3

Count me in! When I first came to the DIS I lurked over on your TR, which was part of my motivation to sart a PTR for my October trip! I can't wait to read more about your trip. I love reading all the PTRs of people going in October! I think it's going to be fantastic! :banana:

:woohoo: Welcome! Thanks for reading my TR! :goodvibes I love reading about everyone's plans who are going around October...and even ones that aren't, I just love Disney planning in general! October is going to be a fun time to go! :yay:

They had the Parisian Cosmo in Feb....I think they are going to try and keep that one around.....

Are you serious??? Yay, you just made my day!!! :banana:

Yay on staying at AKL - it looks great :thumbsup2

Thanks! I can't wait to stay there, I think it's going to be a lot of fun! I can't wait to try a zebra dome! :woohoo:

Sounds like AKL will be great! Can't wait to hear what you think about it!:cool1:

Thanks, I think it will be amazing! :yay: I can't wait to see giraffes every day, that's like a dream come true for me, I love giraffes! :banana:

I think AKL will be great! If you are driving anyway, the distance really shouldn't make much difference.

I'm really excited about the F&W Festival and MNSSHP, too. We've done MVMCP many times and love it, and so if MNSSHP actually is better then it should be a lot of fun. Have you started thinking about costume ideas yet?

It's kind of funny that your concern about the weather is that it not be too hot. I'm concerned it might be too cold. :laughing: Hopefully that means it will be just right.

Thanks! That's what I've heard, if we have a rental car, driving won't be too bad! I just remember staying at ASMu and thinking the drive to MK was brutal! :scared1: But I think Epcot and DHS should be ok, and AK obviously!

I can't wait for MNSSHP!! It's going to be so much fun! I have a few costume ideas that I'm considering, but nothing definite yet! And Brandon refuses to dress up, so I'm not doing anything crazy, since it will look weird, one person in costume, the other person, not! I asked him if he would wear a Disney Halloween shirt at least and he said "maybe". :sad2: No fun! :laughing:

LOL, I hope the weather is just right for both of us! 80's and sunny all week would be perfect! :woohoo:

I'm not sure what to dress up as for MNSSHP...I think we are doing 2, so I might just dress up for one. It all depends on how much weight I lose by October! :rotfl: Were you supposed to be Snow White? That's really cute, actually! Dressing up without actually dressing up!

Yep, Snow White is correct! :thumbsup2

Oooh staying at AKL very nice. It is a gorgeous resort, so well themed :)

So much to experience in one trip, F&W and Halloween, so much fun :teeth:

Yep, Snow White is correct! :thumbsup2

Love it! I was actually considering being Snow White for one of the parties, but I'm not sure how I feel about dressing up as a Disney character, especially a princess! :confused3 :laughing:

Oooh staying at AKL very nice. It is a gorgeous resort, so well themed :)

So much to experience in one trip, F&W and Halloween, so much fun :teeth:

I'm so excited about AKL! Have you stayed there before?

I almost wish my trip was a little longer, it seems like there is just so much to do in such a short time! :laughing:

Nice Plans! and, seriously, it will be here before you know it. Although, I think you are working up to twice a year visits. It makes the time between visits much less painful. ;)

I really do think you will both love the AKL. The background music alone just puts you into a calm state of mind.

I am curious about your weight loss plans. I am at the end of this two week exercise program/diet and its been tough. I am going to go back at it for two more weeks. If nothing else, I will be in shape by the time I get to Disney.

I love that you guys have the ability to visit during all different times of the year! Then you can report to us (*ahem* ME!) since I'm stuck with school holiday times and the summer!

Hi! I was a lurker on your TR and followed over from there. I promise to be more talkative this time around :)

DH, me and my in-laws were in WDW the second week in October. That was a great time of year, but it was a little too hot still. We are planning a trip for this November, or I should say I am planning a trip. I asked him what he wanted to do or where he wanted to go and he said "whatever my wife wants." LOL, great help he is.

I'm here! Sorry I'm a little late but I can't wait to hear all your plans! Have you made your dining reservations yet? I'll be there Sept 30 - Oct 2 to run the Wine & Dine half marathon!

Oh, and I like the title you decided on!

I'm so excited for your AKL stay! I really hope you get some pixie dust and get a savannah room upgrade - I hear it's the most common Disney resort upgrade so I'd say your chances are good! :thumbsup2

Thanks! That's what I've heard, if we have a rental car, driving won't be too bad! I just remember staying at ASMu and thinking the drive to MK was brutal! :scared1: But I think Epcot and DHS should be ok, and AK obviously!

I can't wait for MNSSHP!! It's going to be so much fun! I have a few costume ideas that I'm considering, but nothing definite yet! And Brandon refuses to dress up, so I'm not doing anything crazy, since it will look weird, one person in costume, the other person, not! I asked him if he would wear a Disney Halloween shirt at least and he said "maybe". :sad2: No fun! :laughing:

LOL, I hope the weather is just right for both of us! 80's and sunny all week would be perfect! :woohoo:

Jeremy will never dress up either! I would never even get Jeremy to wear a Halloween t-shirt. I know I'll dress my boys up as something and I'm pretty sure I will dress up like something, but I don't know what.

Love it! I was actually considering being Snow White for one of the parties, but I'm not sure how I feel about dressing up as a Disney character, especially a princess! :confused3 :laughing:

I wanted to "dress up" without actually wearing a costume. Plus, I knew DH would NOT wear a costume, and I thought it might look weird with me and our DDs in costume while he wasn't.

Came across your PTR as I was browsing. We'll be arriving WDW on Sep. 30 but we're leaving Oct. 10! I loved that week last year. Really, it only felt SUPER warm the last couple of days. :)

Nice Plans! and, seriously, it will be here before you know it. Although, I think you are working up to twice a year visits. It makes the time between visits much less painful. ;)

I really do think you will both love the AKL. The background music alone just puts you into a calm state of mind.

I am curious about your weight loss plans. I am at the end of this two week exercise program/diet and its been tough. I am going to go back at it for two more weeks. If nothing else, I will be in shape by the time I get to Disney.

Thanks! I'm sure my trip will be here before I know it, I'm just having such a hard time waiting! I'd love to go twice a year, but unless we do shorter trips, I don't see that happening. :(

I think I will love AKL too! I can't wait for the music, I love how each resort has it's own music! I loved the music at WL soooo much! :lovestruc

Trying to lose weight/get in shape is SO hard! And it seems like once I want to start, something always comes up so I can't! :eek:

I love that you guys have the ability to visit during all different times of the year! Then you can report to us (*ahem* ME!) since I'm stuck with school holiday times and the summer!

LOL, I keep thinking I want to go back to school to get my master's in teaching, but one of the things that stops me is not being able to go to Disney whenever I want! :laughing: Well, that, and the fact that there are no jobs out there right now. :confused3

Hi! I was a lurker on your TR and followed over from there. I promise to be more talkative this time around :)

DH, me and my in-laws were in WDW the second week in October. That was a great time of year, but it was a little too hot still. We are planning a trip for this November, or I should say I am planning a trip. I asked him what he wanted to do or where he wanted to go and he said "whatever my wife wants." LOL, great help he is.

Yay, :welcome:!

I'm sure October will be hot, I've been so spoiled with great weather at Disney by going in November! But I'm prepared, I suppose! :rotfl: As long as I don't have to deal with huge crowds, I should be ok!

When are you going in November? It's such a great time to go, I'm going to miss not going during that time this year! :sad1:

I'm here! Sorry I'm a little late but I can't wait to hear all your plans! Have you made your dining reservations yet? I'll be there Sept 30 - Oct 2 to run the Wine & Dine half marathon!

Oh, and I like the title you decided on!

Hey, :welcome:! I've been wondering where you disappeared to! I did make my ADR's, but I'm waiting to post them, because well, my trip isn't for another 6 months and I'm gonna run out of things to talk about here if I post everything all at once! :laughing: I was thinking about doing the 5K on October 1, but then I decided not to...knowing me, I'd fall and break my ankle or something, and my trip would be ruined! :rotfl:

I'm here! You are going to love MNSSHP and staying at the AKL! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear all about your plans!

I'm so excited for your AKL stay! I really hope you get some pixie dust and get a savannah room upgrade - I hear it's the most common Disney resort upgrade so I'd say your chances are good! :thumbsup2

That would be amazing, if we got upgraded! I'm glad we're arriving so early, because I think the earlier you check in, the better your chances are of being upgraded! Even if we are not, I'll be ok with that, the pool view is really nice, and we can always just walk over to the viewing area of the animals! I can't wait to be there!!! :banana:

Jeremy will never dress up either! I would never even get Jeremy to wear a Halloween t-shirt. I know I'll dress my boys up as something and I'm pretty sure I will dress up like something, but I don't know what.

LOL, I'm not sure if Brandon will wear a Halloween shirt either! I asked him a couple of weeks ago and he said maybe, but I'm guessing that's a no! :confused3 I'm surprised he wears Disney shirts, I should be happy with that! :rotfl: I have no idea what I'm going to dress up as, it all depends on how much weight I lose by then!

I wanted to "dress up" without actually wearing a costume. Plus, I knew DH would NOT wear a costume, and I thought it might look weird with me and our DDs in costume while he wasn't.

LOL, what is it with DH's not wanting to dress up? I guess once they are adults, it's weird! I don't think it's weird, especially in Disney world, I can't wait to see all the costumes, it's going to be so much fun! :woohoo:

Came across your PTR as I was browsing. We'll be arriving WDW on Sep. 30 but we're leaving Oct. 10! I loved that week last year. Really, it only felt SUPER warm the last couple of days. :)

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I'm happy to hear you loved the week we're going last year, I keep getting nervous about it, mostly because I think it's going to be hot! But if it is, I'll just have to make sure I stay indoors more, and drink water! :laughing:

Losing Weight for Mickey (and myself!)

*Sigh.* So I know a lot of you guys read my PTR last year for my November trip, and a big part of it was me struggling to lose weight for my trip, which of course, I ended up giving up on and actually gained weight before I went to WDW last year! :sad2:

Well, I'm trying again. And this time, I'm serious! I'm just not happy with the way I look or feel...I hate going through all my Disney pictures once I get home and seeing how overweight I am, I hate not being able to go in a store and buy a normal pair of pants, and I hate how I feel just generally unhealthy. My mom has a lot of health problems, and I'd say 75% of them are from her being overweight and I really don't feel like following in her footsteps.

Last year, I was trying to eat sensibly and exercise, and one week I'd lose 3 pounds, and the next week I'd gain 2 back. I know that can work for a lot of people, but I need more structure. I don't like counting every little calorie I eat, so I've decided to do the only thing that has ever worked for me, which is Weight Watchers! :banana: I have all of the materials, so I'm going to do the old program for now, and then maybe I'll rejoin again online and try the new program, but I've read the new program just doesn't work as well as the old. :confused3 Does anyone have any experience with this?

As for exercising...well, I hate it! :rotfl: I have an elliptical machine in my house, and every second that I'm on that thing, I'm convincing myself to get off of it! If I don't find something I enjoy doing, I won't stick with it. I was going to Zumba classes last year, which I loved, but they were SO expensive I had to stop going, so I might order the DVD's you always see on TV! And I do like to walk, so when it gets a little warmer, I'm going to start going for walks on my break at work. I'd also like to complete the Couch to 5K program this year! Do you guys have a favorite exercise? :yay:

My goal is to lose 50-60 pounds by my October trip. I know that sounds like a lot, but I have almost 6 months til my trip, and if I lost 10 pounds a month, it gets me to my goal. So my plan is to report back to you guys every week with my progress, and I'm hoping doing so will keep me motivated! There's nothing worse than announcing weight loss plans publicly only to come back the next week and tell everyone you've gained weight! :eek:

I hope you guys don't mind that I'm mixing in weight loss stuff with Disney planning! For me, it kind of goes hand in hand, I'm so tired of being overweight at Disney World! :laughing: And I'm probably going to need to wear shorts this year, since it's gonna be hotter than I'm used to! :scared1:

Up next...Disney shopping already?! (And pictures in the next update, sorry this one was so boring! :rotfl:)

LOL, yep, back to AKL! I was only booked at BC for about a week, before Brandon convinced me to change back to AKL! :rotfl: I'm excited about staying there, I just hope driving such long distances isn't annoying! :confused3

Look at it this way...you've really been wanting to stay there. But really, the MK which would be the furthest drive is only about 15 minutes. It's not bad at all! Just imagine how much fun it's going to be going outside and watching the animals right outside your room! You will love it!

I would love to hear about your weight loss journey as well as Disney PTR stuff! I would like to lose weight as well, but I HATE working out. I tried WW in college and I actually lost about 20lbs in 6 weeks, but then I got tired of keeping track of my points so I just stopped. I want to lose weight to be more healthy for when my DH and I decide to start a family. Right now, I'm going in baby steps. Making healthier portion decisions as well as choosing which foods to eat. Can't wait to hear more! Maybe we can be weight lose buddies! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter