"Welcome Home" at the tapstiles...

DianeW

Worshipping at the shrine of the corporate Mouse
Can you all settle a small point of contention for me? My dh seems to think that anyone in our party staying in a villa with us can get the tapstiles to turn purple and say "welcome home." I say that can only happen for actual DVC members listed on the deed. What say you?

Can you all settle a small point of contention for me? My dh seems to think that anyone in our party staying in a villa with us can get the tapstiles to turn purple and say "welcome home." I say that can only happen for actual DVC members listed on the deed. What say you?
Only owners on the deed who have their own DVC & MDE accounts which are also linked.

That is the case for me as well, mine is the only one it does that for, much to my wife's chagrin.

Same here. It glows purple for my wife and I but not the kids. We also had friends on their own reservation booked on our points and they didn't get the Welcome Home message.

Although it doesn't always turn purple for my husband and I, we are the only ones who get it and not our kids under our reservation. So, I believe it's just the owners listed on the deed.

It's become a game now for my husband and I to see who would get it more each vacation. I've won every time. For Epcot, mine has turned purple each time, my husband's in more often than not. Not sure why that is. It just becomes a fun contest for us. The kids were not impressed though. They really want it to turn purple for them just once.

Thanks, everyone! My husband is on the deed, but it has never turned purple for him. I guess I'll mention it to Member Services the next time I call and see if they can fix that.

Or can I fix that in MDE myself????

Thanks, everyone! My husband is on the deed, but it has never turned purple for him. I guess I'll mention it to Member Services the next time I call and see if they can fix that.

Or can I fix that in MDE myself????

He has to have his own MDE account that shows his DVC affiliation. Once he creates that it should work at least some of the time! If he already has an MDE, then he just needs to be sure it shows DVC as an affiliation. If it doesn't, have it added. If it does, then a call to the MDE tech people might need to happen.

There is not anything MS can do as this has to do with MDE vs. DVC.

We were second guessing when we entered the park “did that lady just say welcome home or just hello”. I guess your post helped solve that one for us!

My husband and I are both on the deed but I’ve never gotten purple while he gets it 100% of the time. We both have MDE accounts with our DVC noted. It’s crazy!

Does anyone know if Associates get the purple light and "Welcome home"?
Sorry, no, only the owners named on the deed.
I'm an Associate Member with my own MDE account and I get it. DVC doesn't send over Member Type to MDE, so all it sees is you are a DVC Member.

Using a Limited Edition MB (which typically have their own color scheme and sounds at the entrance touch points) will override the DVC Member color scheme and sounds.

I'm an Associate Member with my own MDE account and I get it. DVC doesn't send over Member Type to MDE, so all it sees is you are a DVC Member.

Using a Limited Edition MB (which typically have their own color scheme and sounds at the entrance touch points) will override the DVC Member color scheme and sounds.
Thanks for increasing my information base! So did you link your DVC affiliation to MDE or did (some part of) Disney do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter