Welcome Home Trip at VGC!

kateklein

Earning My Ears
Joining DVC was on my sister (22) and I's (26) bucket lists and we are so happy to officially be members! We were dreaming of the day we would drink coffee on the balcony at the Grand, and that dream came true. Thank you so much to everyone who made this Welcome Home trip EXTRA special including those here on DisBoards who provided so many tips and insight.

Full Video of Day 1!

Saturday, January 22 : Checked in online which was SUPER easy
Thursday, January 27 : Arrived at VGC at 9:30a where we unloaded our luggage and parked in self parking. We also went to get our room keys so we could go straight to the pool. We sat at the pool for HOURS soaking in the amazing ambiance of the Grand. Ordered cold brew (effects of being up at 3:30a) and double baked nachos for lunch (From Craftsman's Bar). Room was ready at 3:40p and we were staying in room 4510 with a theme park view. Got settled in and made sure to call Housekeeping for robes! We made a cheese board and drank wine while we watched the sunset from our balcony. Around 7p we headed down to Hearthstone Lounge where we ordered drinks : Habanero Lime Margarita and Blood Orange Margarita. Headed back up to the room around 11p and slept with the shades open because the DCA lights were amazing and no better way to go to sleep than with DCA in your backyard.

Check back for Day 2!

Last edited:
Joining DVC was on my sister (22) and I's (26) bucket lists and we are so happy to officially be members! We were dreaming of the day we would drink coffee on the balcony at the Grand, and that dream came true. Thank you so much to everyone who made this Welcome Home trip EXTRA special including those here on DisBoards who provided so many tips and insight.

I have a full video of Day 1 if you are interested! (Not sure how to add since linking and embedding didn't work :/)

Saturday, January 22 : Checked in online which was SUPER easy
Thursday, January 27 : Arrived at VGC at 9:30a where we unloaded our luggage and parked in self parking. We also went to get our room keys so we could go straight to the pool. We sat at the pool for HOURS soaking in the amazing ambiance of the Grand. Ordered cold brew (effects of being up at 3:30a) and double baked nachos for lunch (From Craftsman's Bar). Room was ready at 3:40p and we were staying in room 4510 with a theme park view. Got settled in and made sure to call Housekeeping for robes! We made a cheese board and drank wine while we watched the sunset from our balcony. Around 7p we headed down to Hearthstone Lounge where we ordered drinks : Habanero Lime Margarita and Blood Orange Margarita. Headed back up to the room around 11p and slept with the shades open because the DCA lights were amazing and no better way to go to sleep than with DCA in your backyard.

Check back for Day 2!
:welcome:HOME!

Congrats! We have two contracts at VGC, the first of which was bought when it first went on sale. We love it, and think it's the best DVC resort of all that we've stayed at. We usually get 1-bedrooms, and that second bathroom is key. Also, the park views and convenience to the parks can't be back. We've never had a moment of regret. Enjoy!! My kids are about your ages, and I love thinking about them doing something like this.

Congrats! We have two contracts at VGC, the first of which was bought when it first went on sale. We love it, and think it's the best DVC resort of all that we've stayed at. We usually get 1-bedrooms, and that second bathroom is key. Also, the park views and convenience to the parks can't be back. We've never had a moment of regret. Enjoy!! My kids are about your ages, and I love thinking about them doing something like this.
Our grandparents are DVC members and they have been able to give us so many amazing memories with our family vacations. It only made sense that it was on my sister and I's bucket list to buy in and create even more memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter