Welcome Home Wed worth going to?

dsnymomof4

DIS Veteran
I was reading about the Welcome Home Wednesdays over at the BW and was wondering if any of you have gone and would you recommend us going during our trip in April? Is it fun for kids? Entertaining? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Very helpful link. Just one quick question. Are these always at BWV? Thanks!

We went to the one last week as I was curious about them and we had some time that afternoon. We enjoyed it, but then I did get picked to be one of the contestants. There are 4 contestants - one lady blew the rest of us away because she knew many of the answers (and the ones I knew, she buzzed in faster than me - except for two I got to answer and was right on!).

The kids were entertained by our hostess (DeeVee Sea) and of course the lemonade was refreshing. And the bagged snacks - we put some "spares" in our pack. The boys were excited about their souvenir ice scrapers (never mind we live in FL and park our car in our garage), but most of all we liked the free hats (DH saw similar DVC hats for $22 in the OKW shop).

Here's a pic of DS with his hat - he wore it for the remainder of our trip.

dvchat.jpg

And FWIW, I wouldn't re-arrange plans to go, but if you have time, it's kinda fun. The boys enjoyed doing some pin trading with DVC staff, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter