Welcome Packet?

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
I purchased a resale and closed in May. Is there any type of welcome packet explaing the ins and outs of membership? If so how do I go about requesting one as I have yet to recieve it.Thank you

Contact member administration and see what they have available. There is some info available on the member website.

:earsboy: Bill

Do all owners listed on the DEED get a welcome packet? (ie different mailing addy's for each)

I first purchased resale and never got a welcome packet. For the resale purchase they sent me a letter stating the transaction was complete, and also sent me some DVC car magnets, but never a welcome packet. I later did a direct add on and did get a packet at that time along with a tote bag.

I bought resale over a decade ago and got a welcome packet - but I learned more here on the DIS than from anything they sent me.

Awhile ago, DVC took the position that direct purchasers will get a full Welcome packet. Resale purchasers were/are supposed to get theirs from the original purchaser. Over the years, the packet provided DVC logo items plus printed information (point charts/banking information/etc) - but now that the information portion is readily available online, I don't think much that is provided any longer even to direct purchasers.

Originally, members received a 3-ring binder to keep point charts and other information and updates could easily be added as they became available but that went away many years ago. Over the years direct purchasers received canvas tote bags, car magnets, and canvas computer bags as Welcome gifts.

When I bought my resale, I received a letter with car magnets.
When I bought my direct contract after, I received the full welcome packet. In fact, since my wife has not yet changed her last name, we received 2 welcome packets... one to "my family" and one to "her family". We now have 6 car magnets. lol.

They are sending magnets and a welcome letter (about the 3 pillars of DVC even resale get- one is RCI) now to resale buyers. It can take quite a while to arrive after closing.

We just purchased direct and got the tote bag with the contract and some promotional flyers and some of the legal documents about the resort we bought. Only got the magnet when we bought resale.

We just purchased direct and got the tote bag with the contract and some promotional flyers and some of the legal documents about the resort we bought. Only got the magnet when we bought resale.

When I bought my direct contract the tote and paperwork came via express mail in a couple days; my two welcome packets came a few weeks later. You're not missing anything really. Each is a little white box no more than 2 inches high and the width and length of the thing the magnets are glued to. There's nothing in it that a DVC DISboarder already knows... the magnets are still the only "gifts" in it.

You can request the public offering statement (POS) book for your resort from Member Administration. It will take weeks before you get it though. We have both direct purchase and resale deeds, and for the resale we never received anything from DVC. We always called and requested the POS.

You can request the public offering statement (POS) book for your resort from Member Administration. It will take weeks before you get it though. We have both direct purchase and resale deeds, and for the resale we never received anything from DVC. We always called and requested the POS.
Call me strange but I do find poking around in the POS language mildly interesting and certainly enlightening. We received booklets in our direct add on "packet". Are the POS's not hosted online somewhere in PDF format?

I first purchased resale and never got a welcome packet. For the resale purchase they sent me a letter stating the transaction was complete, and also sent me some DVC car magnets, but never a welcome packet. I later did a direct add on and did get a packet at that time along with a tote bag.
This is exactly what we had. Resale = magnets and a one-pager telling me everything I'm not getting because I didn't buy direct.

When we added on 25 we got a giant pocket and a nice tote bag.

This is exactly what we had. Resale = magnets and a one-pager telling me everything I'm not getting because I didn't buy direct.
Yeah, loved the resale letter "Congratulations!!! We are so glad to welcome you!!! You know you don't get everything right?" :P

Reminds me of a former employer that would send out letters that started with "congratulations" and ended with "up to and including termination".

Call me strange but I do find poking around in the POS language mildly interesting and certainly enlightening. We received booklets in our direct add on "packet". Are the POS's not hosted online somewhere in PDF format?
They used to be. I have read them online. But I haven't looked for them recently, so that may have been prior to online booking and the site overhaul.
Poking around, under My DVC Membership, click on Important Membership Documents. It has the 6 page Membership Extras Acknowledgement and Disclosure Statement rev. 1/6/17, and the 17 page Home Resort Rules and Regulations rev. 11/17/16.

I purchased a resale and closed in May. Is there any type of welcome packet explaing the ins and outs of membership? If so how do I go about requesting one as I have yet to recieve it.Thank you
Really, alot of the ins and outs are available online. It may take poking around to find, but most, if not all, of it is there.
Of course, people on here usually happy to answer questions and help you understand.

They used to be. I have read them online. But I haven't looked for them recently, so that may have been prior to online booking and the site overhaul.
Poking around, under My DVC Membership, click on Important Membership Documents. It has the 6 page Membership Extras Acknowledgement and Disclosure Statement rev. 1/6/17, and the 17 page Home Resort Rules and Regulations rev. 11/17/16.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter