• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Welcoming a new member to our family

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
As many of you know, we lost our dear sweet Duke this past December very unexpectedly. We, but especially me since I work from home, have felt an emptiness in our home and hearts ever since. We decided we needed to adopt another dog in need.

On Saturday 1/30, we drove from Tampa to just South of Atlanta to meet a volunteer transport driver from the National Great Pyrenees Rescue to pick up this guy.
BBF8D3BE-76CD-4FC8-95C6-75C35F27403C.jpeg7DF8355D-5535-40CF-BC93-50392C2E638A.jpeg

His name is Bo, he’s 100lbs, heart worm positive and a bundle of love!
We’re not sure how old he is as the report from the shelter where he was picked up as a stray lists him as 4. The paperwork from the animal hospital used by the rescue after they pulled him from the shelter lists him as 1.

We can’t wait until his heart worm treatment is done so we can take him to the Fort.

ADF4B813-9292-441B-A377-4FC616D7BE81.jpeg7D56EA30-27FD-4D3A-9C8F-F614EC671304.jpeg

Congratulations!!

I remember meeting you and your other two sweethearts at the Fort in July 2019. I'm so sorry to hear of Duke's passing. I know how bad that hurts.

congratulations!
Thanks!
He looks like a big love bug.
He is!
Last March we adopted our first dog in ten years (Covid made me do it :earseek: ). Today, as I walked the dog in our Pennsylvania Nor'easter I remembered that I used to watch people walking their dogs in bad weather and laugh.
I'm glad I live in Florida
One of our Granddogs is a Great Pyrenees, he is a big slobbery bundle of love. He is obstinate, he is loyal and he is a joy. His name is Olaf.....
This guy is the same, stubborn, slobbery and full of love.
@proudmomof4 congratulations and i am in love. i am so glad you were able to rescue and help a special needs dog. so exciting.
Thanks, we are too! Rescue dogs are the best, I wish more people would rescue.
So happy for all of you!
Thanks!

Bo is one lucky baby! Thank you for rescuing Bo & I know he is alredy spoiled. Yes, rescue dogs are the best & cats also. Hope to meet Mr. Bo one of these days.

Congrats, He looks like a big boy. Always tough with shelters. Our rescue was supposed to be 1 year old, turns out more like 6 months.
Puppy craziness LOL, but sooo glad we got her

Good luck with your GP. Our pup is a german shepard Great Pyrenees mix is 110 pounds of fur ball love. It is an interesting blend of super smart and stubborn all at the same time. Also wait until shedding season. You will have at least another dog in fur while brushing out.

Good luck with your GP. Our pup is a german shepard Great Pyrenees mix is 110 pounds of fur ball love. It is an interesting blend of super smart and stubborn all at the same time. Also wait until shedding season. You will have at least another dog in fur while brushing out.

Owning as German Shepard, I a not sure that Jan thru Dec qualifies as a season..... :dogdance:

Owning as German Shepard, I a not sure that Jan thru Dec qualifies as a season..... :dogdance:

Well.... I see your point as I still have tumblefur in my house. LoL However, during the spring and fall my mix looks like another dog was form with the amount of fur that comes off of him. Also my pup when his ears are up, you see the GSD in him when the ears are down and pin backed, you see the GP in him. The coat is not a GSD nor GP coat but a hybrid. Our pup is a cool dog. Early in his youth he was a runner. Still was up until about a year or so ago was the last "escape". He now wants to be a old coot of dog just barking from his spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter