Well are we going to be charged to park with DVC?

2) Keep as many as possible from leaving Disney property

Seems to me the parking fee should help with #2 by discouraging car rentals. Charging for DME would have the opposite effect.
Perhaps, but I'll have to disagree with you here. It would only be a minor kerfuffle at first and soon swallowed by patrons. Same argument as the parking fee. I'm not saying it will definitely happen, but give it a couple of years, and I think it will.

I really wonder if Disney has thought this through. Because it means many more people will be using the busses, which we know have been rather lackluster frequently.

Gotta talk about the thread title....

A better way to ask this: Will Disney attempt to impose a fee, preventing you from gaining access to property you have contractually paid for?
Well, they could - as long as you can WALK IN. But it would be difficult. Forget Disney - most States have property access laws. This would be why your City can not put a paid meter at the boundary of your home, driveway access, and City street :). Courts tend to frown on this :).

Now - the question is really IF DVC members are being charged anything for parking, on the property in the CONTRACT, as executed when signed. Is Parking mentioned in the CONTRACT? If not? Yes, we could be charged. Notice that Oxygen is ALSO not mentioned :). Could there be an "air fee"?

Generally - courts have ruled that a property owner has the right to GET to their property, without toll or encumbrance. So? Legal Action? Yes, one could see a drop off point AHEAD of Property, on a road - and you WALK in. Parking? The killer would be any item that indicates a Dues portion directed to shared resources, including PARKING LOTS, or PARKING LOT Maintenence.

Just me - reviewing that thing called a CONTRACT. A real CONTRACT can generally not be changed, unilaterally.

Oh - we are not affected.... DVC Members - we FLY in twice per year, never bring a car. But we worry about our brethren....

Last edited:
In U.K. we have car parks that just read your number plate. They could put them in. When leaving pay at a machine or on an app and put your number plate in, and barrier reads it again as you drive out and lifts the barrier.

I doubt that would work well at Disney. In the US. most states don't have an agreement on billing to use tolls through the license plates, sharing that info with other states and so forth. Heck, they can't even agree on how to divide up the money in a nationwide toll system using a Sunpass type system, while there are a few interstate agreements, most states with toll roads still use their own system only. And you'd have the additional issues with rental car companies.

Gotta talk about the thread title....

A better way to ask this: Will Disney attempt to impose a fee, preventing you from gaining access to property you have contractually paid for?
Well, they could - as long as you can WALK IN. But it would be difficult. Forget Disney - most States have property access laws. This would be why your City can not put a paid meter at the boundary of your home, driveway access, and City street :). Courts tend to frown on this :).

Now - the question is really IF DVC members are being charged anything for parking, on the property in the CONTRACT, as executed when signed. Is Parking mentioned in the CONTRACT? If not? Yes, we could be charged. Notice that Oxygen is ALSO not mentioned :). Could there be an "air fee"?

Generally - courts have ruled that a property owner has the right to GET to their property, without toll or encumbrance. So? Legal Action? Yes, one could see a drop off point AHEAD of Property, on a road - and you WALK in. Parking? The killer would be any item that indicates a Dues portion directed to shared resources, including PARKING LOTS, or PARKING LOT Maintenence.

Just me - reviewing that thing called a CONTRACT. A real CONTRACT can generally not be changed, unilaterally.

Oh - we are not affected.... DVC Members - we FLY in twice per year, never bring a car. But we worry about our brethren....

I'm pretty sure we pay for parking lot maintenance and upkeep as a common area budget expense, and as such, we have access without an additional fee. At resorts like SSR and OKW, it would be difficult to eliminate that maintenance from the budget...and I doubt Disney would want to assume those additional costs just to then charge a resort fee...while it may make them a bit of $, it would not make them as much as a resort fee added to a cash guest reservation.

Last edited:
I really wonder if Disney has thought this through. Because it means many more people will be using the busses, which we know have been rather lackluster frequently.
I don't know that a whole lot more would be using the WDW bus system...DME, sure, but resort to parks, probably not a big impact...a high percentage of DVC people that drive still use Disney resort to park busses and resort to Disney Springs busses, and use the car for offsite only. Or will drive to go to another resort for the Luau or a dining reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter