Well, here goes!!!!

Popsicle

Mouseketeer
Have never been to the World alone before. Always with brother, s-i-l and 2 nephews. With one of the boys starting college this fall, it is utterly impossible for them.

Last year I had a little taste of what it's like to be there by yourself. They all absolutely HATE Animal Kingdom, but I love it, so they left me. (Don't get the wrong idea, I had to make them go do something they wanted to do.)

I'm kind of between real jobs, but I've decided... August 11th to August 14th. We always stay offsite, so I'm going to stay offsite... by myself.

When I was at the park alone last year, it felt so strange. For goodness sakes, I've been to Machu Picchu alone, but being in the Magic Kingdom solo terrifies me!!! I just felt so... strange when you see smiling (or crying) families together.

Don't care, though. Have to have my annual Disney fix. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo (Thank heaven I don't use REAL narcotics!!!) We had our photos taken last year for the wall at Epcot, so that's something to look forward to.

Anyway, just requesting any suggestions that would help a woman of a certain age enjoy herself alone. Also, saw in one of the posts something about solos wearing green ribbons. Where can I get an authentic one?

Thanks in advance to my DisFriends.

Hmmm . . . not sure what you mean by <I>"a woman of a certain age."</I> I am 52, a "local," long-time AP holder and DDE member, love ALL the parks (Yes, including AK), and do everything from riding the carousel at MK to <I>Mission:Space</I> marathons at Epcot.

At AK I love all the animals, all the shows, the characters and watching the Karuka acrobats over by <I>Tusker House</I>. The only thing I don't frequent there is <I>Kali River Rapids</I>, because I am not fond of getting drenched! I am often solo and never have a problem with that, but if you would care to meet up for a meal or company at any of the parks, feel free to PM or <B><I><a href="mailto:info@magicaldisney.com">e-mail me</A></I></B>. I am also a USF/IOA passholder and am <I>crazy</I> about the new ROTM ride. Wow!

Shari

P.S. - Any lime green ribbon or the "alien green" Mickey head paint swatch from Home Depot identifies a DISer. Most of the time I wear the "Ariel's Afternoon Swim" Mickey paint swatch for my <I>MagicalDisney Community</I> (and a <I>Chip 'n' Dale</I> WDW name tag that reads either <I>Taswira</I> or <I>Shari</I>). So please say hello if you spot me. :teeth:

I think it would be great to head off to WDW on my own.
I was thinking of things I would like to do if it was me.

First I would be very happy to be able to take advantage of those single riders lines!

I would ride the rides that I like.. in the order that I want to ride them.

I would take time to sit and watch the people. I love to people watch and sometimes this is difficult if you are with others. I think it is a very restful thing to do.

I think I would splurge on some restaurants that I don't usually go to or that I may have had to pass up since others have not wanted to go to them.

Look for hidden Mickey's !!! With my hidden mickey book.
Keep track of the points.. give myself a reward for reaching certain amounts of points!!!!:)

Those are a few of the things that I would do!
I'm sure many posters who have done some solo trips will be able to offer more tips. Have a great time.

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter