We're Back and It was GREAT!!!

mcnuss

<font color=blue>Beware the Atomic Tail!<font colo
We got back from Orlando last night (or rather, this morning) and all I can say is that we had the vacation of a lifetime!

Disneydarwin -- First of all, I am so sorry you got sick. We were unscathed, in fact, did not meet anyone who got sick until we were disembarking. Second of all, I am a big loser - for the life of me, I could not remember your last name and left your email with your stateroom number sitting on my desk at work. I was at the Mouseketeer show and heard your name when you introduced yourself on the panel, tried to catch up with you when it was over, but then got lost in the crowd. I am so sorry we did not meet. I think our DD's met, though, as mine was in the Lab that last night also. I guess that means she probably met Pagemaker's DD too. I did not get on the internet the whole trip - my one promise to DH and DD! - so I missed your reports. We ended up hanging out most of the time with our tablemates who had a DD10. She and mine became fast friends.

I've briefly looked at some of the posts from the last few days, and I have to say that I believe that DCL did everything it could to keep that ship clean. For those who asked, they did not close the drink station which seemed out of character, given how many other precautions they took. From bleaching every last surface, to not being able to pump your own ketchup, to the CMs wearing gloves, they were all over sanitizing the ship. My DH's best friend is an ER doctor, and he said that this virus is very prevalent this year - he has seen it in his hospital very frequently and that it is highly contagious. It is going through schools in his area like wildfire. As an aside, I too heard about the woman who was taken off the ship on GC. I asked about her, and was told that she had a pre-existing condition and that it was unrelated to the virus. I hope she is ok.

In any case, we had a wonderful trip. It was the best vacation ever. Had we not gotten the notes from DCL about the virus, we would not have known it was happening. I'll post a trip report later in the week.

Welcome back, mcnuss! :) So glad you had a fabulous cruise, and thanks for the update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter