we're going in oct...

redmomof4

I love TIM without a hat!
I didn't have a pin code by my name. Is it worth it to get AAA now. I am getting two rooms at Pop Century for a total of 6 nights (3 night cruise is in the middle) I'm willing to get an AP if there are codes but obviously wont know that til later, I figured with two rooms it'd be worth the discount. I thought about waiting til I knew if there were or were not going to be AP codes but by then will the AAA rooms be soldout? I have already booked, should I rebook with the AAA discount and if I do, should I purchase the service now or wait til I find out if there are AP codes? ARGH. If I do it now and then decide to get an AP can they switch my room code to that? I hope this isn't too confusing.
SHawna

I already have my rooms for October booked for AAA. Being that the discounts aren't as low as last year and also the fact that there haven't been any general codes out, its tough to tell if there will be an AP's and if there are they don't look like they will be as low as last year.

So any discount is better than non at all so I would go ahead and get it.

If AP codes do come out you can apply it to your existing reservation so that is ok.

Hi! I'm going in October, also. I did reservations w/ the AAA discount and was planning on buying a membership prior to my trip unless I got a better rate somehow. Then I got a special offer to join through Mypoints that was going to give me 1000 pts to join anyway, so I went ahead and did it. BUT, I am still hoping for a better rate, either through a general discount, or, if I reach a break even point, by purchasing an AP. The AP break even gets complicated, though, when you start trying to figure in dining discounts also, arghhhhh!

I did call CRO today to check for a PIN code (just in case) and spoke with a wonderfully helpful CM (Pamela Jean) who said (and I quote) "Oh! the PIN codes aren't even out for that time period yet, so keep checking back!" She also made sure that my e-mail address was in "both systems" (and she referred to both the reservations system and some other system where they keep family info?) and found out that my e-mail was NOT listed in both systems and corrected that (the implication, I felt, was that I had a better chance of getting a code if it was entered twice.) She also made a point to tell me to tell my husband to NOT throw away a postcard if one came! :rotfl2: I tell the story about the e-mail entries because I had ressies for May that I had to cancel and had called repeatedly about those reservations and apparently the many CMs I spoke with before, asking precisely the same question about a PIN code never made sure I was in "both systems."

Soooo, don't forget to call CRO and ask about PIN codes a little later, and make sure that you are entered everywhere in their system. If at first you don't receive a helpful CM, try again!

Have a wonderful Disney trip! We're currently booked at POFQ, but I keep second-guessing myself about the choice, yes, Romantic, but it seems to be a love-it or hate-it type of place . . . :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter