What’s Open at the Fort - COVID Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
I’ve seen several threads recently asking for statuses of what is/isn’t open or operating so I thought I’d make a thread to capture it all. As always, the Bike Barn is the best place to call for the most current information- (407) 824-2932. Feel free to comment with updates and I will track them in this post. Also, here is the link to the official Disney site for experience updates at the Fort - Disney Resort Hotels: Know Before You Go | Walt Disney World Resort

As of 06/17/2022
  • Meadows area
    • Bike Barn
      • Archery- Available
      • Bike rentals- Available
      • Canoe/Kayak Rentals- Available
      • Gem Mining- Available
      • Golf Carts- Available
        • Must be staying at the Fort to rent. Non-FW guests are no longer allowed to rent.
      • Fishing Excursions- Available
      • Segway Tours- Available
    • Chip & Dale’s Campfire- Partial reopen on July 1.
      • The campfire will take place from 7-8pm on select nights through the end of June, and will begin occurring every evening starting July 1st
    • Dog Park- Open
    • Movies- Open
      • See activities calendar at the comfort stations and bus stops for current information
    • Pools- Open
      • Meadows pool area is having some construction work done. Check at resort for current information
    • Pool Snack Bar- Open
    • Trading post - Open
  • Settlement area
    • Arcade - Open
    • Crocket’s Tavern- Open
    • Electrical Water Pageant - Running
    • Exercise Trail to WL- Closed
    • Motorized Boat Rentals - Closed
    • Hoop-Dee-Doo- Opening June 23, 2022
    • MK Boat Service- Available
      • Bus service to MK also available at the Settlement Bus Depot
    • P&J’s Takeout- Open
    • Playground- Open
    • Resort Boat Sercice- Not available
      • The Yellow Line bus service has been extended from the Settlement Depot to allow transportation to Wilderness Lodge.
      • The buses usually say “Wilderness Lodge” but it doesn’t hurt to ask the Yellow Line bus driver just in case the sign didn’t change
      • Buses run to the Lodge at least until the restaurants at the Lodge are closed
      • No service available to Contemporary from the Fort but you could bus or boat to MK and walk to the Contemporary
    • Trading post - Open
    • Trails End- Open Thursday through Monday
      • Trails end is returning as a family style restaurant. The new menu and pricing have been released.
      • Food trucks have been out in front of TE on Tuesday/Wednesday evenings since TE is closed those days.
  • Tri Circle D
    • Barn- Open
    • Carriage Rides- Available
    • Pony Rides- Available
    • Horse Rides- Available

Last edited:
3 weeks ago, in the evening, I was able to order food inside Crockett's Tavern at the bar. We were told to pick up our food at a table in the back under the buffalo head. Then we ate at tables as part of Trail's End. Of course, that evening it was super cold and perhaps that's why it was allowed.

Are the self serve soda taps open at Meadow Pool and Pioneer Hall?

No they are not. They will get it for you at the Meadows, so you can then pour it in your cup. Not sure if PJ's was also doing that at the other end. The one at the pool was closed still in Oct.

No they are not. They will get it for you at the Meadows, so you can then pour it in your cup. Not sure if PJ's was also doing that at the other end. The one at the pool was closed still in Oct.
P&J appeared to have the self serve machine but not for refills.

Last edited:
The Settlement Trading Post opens at 11am. Meadows at 8:30.
They are only serving coffee at the Settlement Trading Post - no soda or chocolate.
They will refill your mug for you at P&J.

2020 merchandise and holiday merchandise (except ornaments) is 70% off. I’ve never seen such a discount.
They were running 30% and 40% off when we were there in October. A few were buy one, get one. I wonder when they had to place orders with suppliers. If it was pre-Covid, they may have had to accept what they ordered and now are just trying to clear it all.

j

Last edited:
How busy had the campgrounds been since reopening?

When we were there in October during the week it was at 93 percent occupied, on the weekend was 99 percent occupied.
Now I watched a youtube video the other day over Christmas and was surprised by the number of open spots as they drove thru the loops. So not sure if with Covid spiking if less people have decided not to travel or what.

The campground has some available spots but I expect it to get full tomorrow. The public areas are so empty as was the pool at midday. The cart parking areas are empty except for the one by the beach. It’s a strange vibe. 6B9579A4-319A-4E90-B50D-97687ECFD705.jpeg

So far the weekends have been pretty packed but during the week (with the exception of major holidays) is fairly quiet. Lots of locals come in just for the weekends.

@Bishoparc yeah family fun alternates with movies. i will try and get a pic of Feb schedule. I hope today but it is too cold to go out :).

Baby Obie the newest Shetland at the Tri Circle D is precious. Born Jan 7, 2021.

How can I rotate a photo that wants to go sideways when I attach? The circle arrow isn’t doing anything. The photo is upright in my camera roll.

Attachments

• 9910425A-80C0-41FE-A50E-F2477FB6412D.jpeg
    9910425A-80C0-41FE-A50E-F2477FB6412D.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 23
Baby Obie the newest Shetland at the Tri Circle D is precious. Born Jan 7, 2021.

How can I rotate a photo that wants to go sideways when I attach? The circle arrow isn’t doing anything. The photo is upright in my camera roll.

You have to take the photo with you phone horizontal, can't take pic with phone "up and down". For some reason its been like that since last upgrade. Even if you edit the pic, then rotate and save, it puts it sideways. Unless you really crop it a lot. However, its never done this with horizontal pics. :sad2: :rolleyes1 :confused3

Horse looks cute. Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter