What about all that Institute resort property?

Dreamfinder2

DIS Veteran
Since the Disney Institute went more-or-less belly up (as we all knew it would; Mr. Eisner's Chatauqua experiences notwithstanding, you just don't compete with your own theme park dollars), has anyone heard if anything unique/different will be done with all the villas? What's their occupancy rate? Seems that Disney is holding on to a lot of prime real estate that can't fulfill it's intended purpose. Is there an identity crisis on the horizon?

The Disney Institute is alive and thriving under it's new format. It seems that the complex is very popular among the corporate set. I spoke to someone at the spa yesterday who tells me they're busier now than they ever were when they catered to just about anyone.
Groups of 10 or more guests can still participate(corporate or otherwise) in most of the day programs from the past. It's still a fantastic concept IMHO.

We stayed at the Institute twice without participating in any programs. Once, when we booked 5 weeks out it was the only property available. It offers accomodations for larger families at a cheaper price than other on-site villas. You also have the advantage of an on-site property including transportation. Also, you can walk to Downtown. I do think it needs more eating options. I think this property is overlooked as an option by larger groups. There is a lot of buildings on site that seem to be going to waste. However, I think this property has tremendous potential.

I agree with pnelson. I stayed in the bungalows last September while attending a convention in Orlando. It was the most peaceful, relaxing Disney Resort I've stayed at. It took only minutes to get to Downtown Disney by boat, About 20 minutes to drive to the Orlando Convention Center and we had a golf cart to get around the grounds. The restaurant was quiet and peaceful and Reflections Cafe gave me my coffee and cheesecake fix each night. I was disappointed about the individual learning program cancellations but not the least bit sorry I went .

The last time we were there, they were renovating the outside of the buildings, so I don't think this particular resort is in any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter