what about the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package ?

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
Where can you eat? How does this work? Never been and didn't pay much attention last year cuz I didn't know I would be going this year.

You can purchase a special Candlelight Processional Dinner Package and bypass the typical 45-minute wait in line to get seats for the presentation. With this special package you pay a flat rate for a sit-down meal at an Epcot restaurant and you get preferred seating for the Candlelight Processional at no extra charge.

In 2005 you could use the dining plan for the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. How many credits are used for this option?

How many credits would this take? How hard is it to get this? Is it worth it? Can I eat at Le Cellier? It would be my only night at Epcot and i want to try that resteraunt and enjoy myself. Will my tow boys like it? they are 5 and 3.

It was 1 TS per person, and sooooo worth it! I was thrilled that we were able to use the DP because we were just going to skip the processional (well, sit on the America terrace and listen). However, I think that because the booking times were different last year, allowing us to book in August, it was the only way we managed to eat there on Christmas Eve. DD-12 is just a little picky and wasn't all that excited about eating there initially, however she LOVED the beef barley soup and the roast chicken. (We're going back during free dining and she's the one who said we MUST eat there again.)

There were several families at our dining time with children around your age. The not-rushed service (our dinner was almost 2 hours) did seem to cause a couple of "incidents" where it was clear the kids had been inside long enough. I would recommend an early time so that you don't have to rush your meal and can get from Canada to wherever the line may be, because that was actually the most stressful part.

Enjoy!

thnak you! Do you think the option to book this will be diferent this year since we can now do ADR at 6 months instead of 3? I can't wait to find out who is goign to be reading that night!

have the dates at least be published for this year?

Anyone?? Dates?? I am trying to decide which night to set aside for this. Even a ball park idea would be grand thanks. Kathy

digskat said:
Anyone?? Dates?? I am trying to decide which night to set aside for this. Even a ball park idea would be grand thanks. Kathy

CP is held every night in late Nov. through Dec.

So, when we book all our ADR.s in a couple of weeks, we should just leave a 1 credit meal each unbooked and wait for the Pracessional dining package to be released?

Maz

I'm gonna book the TS for Epcot on the night I want to attend the CP, and then when they release the dinner package call and upgrade to the dinner package. Don't think I won't try when I call to book my ADR's though!! :teeth:

Good idea! Hadn't thought of that!! :blush:

Any idea what time the performances are and what times are good to book the meal? Thanks.

Maz

so if i am reading this right, we can reserve for the restaurant we want (in my case it will be le cellier two nights in a row, one night for my mum and bro and sil, and 2nd night for me and dh. no kids, they will watch our kids on our night out) and then when the official info is announced, we can call back and add on the candlelight package?

for the 645 performance, what time do you recommend having the adr for to eat BEFORE the performance?

a*lil*bit*goofy said:
so if i am reading this right, we can reserve for the restaurant we want (in my case it will be le cellier two nights in a row, one night for my mum and bro and sil, and 2nd night for me and dh. no kids, they will watch our kids on our night out) and then when the official info is announced, we can call back and add on the candlelight package?

for the 645 performance, what time do you recommend having the adr for to eat BEFORE the performance?
It's worth a try!!

a*lil*bit*goofy said:

I'm pretty sure that won't be possible. They allocate a certain amount of tables/times for the package and the rest for regular guests. Just like they do for Fantasmic Package. You cannot switch a regular ADR at MGM to a Fantasmic Package ADR.

There's no way to change a regular ADR to a package ADR. They will cancel your original ADR and then rebook you with the package.

They will give you a certain range of times that are available depending on which show you want to see and whether you want to eat before or after.

beattyfamily said:
I'm pretty sure that won't be possible. They allocate a certain amount of tables/times for the package and the rest for regular guests. Just like they do for Fantasmic Package. You cannot switch a regular ADR at MGM to a Fantasmic Package ADR.

There's no way to change a regular ADR to a package ADR. They will cancel your original ADR and then rebook you with the package.

They will give you a certain range of times that are available depending on which show you want to see and whether you want to eat before or after.

so therefore, to avoid complete disappointment, we should still make our ADR for the day and time we want at the 180+10 day mark...then when the candlelight packages become available, we can call and see if there is one at a time that suits available for the night we reserved. cancel the original adr, add in the new one. then if there isn't at a convenient time/date, then at least we have our original adr and can go and wait in line for the candlelight processional, if we didn't get the package. right?

a*lil*bit*goofy said:
so therefore, to avoid complete disappointment, we should still make our ADR for the day and time we want at the 180+10 day mark...then when the candlelight packages become available, we can call and see if there is one at a time that suits available for the night we reserved. cancel the original adr, add in the new one. then if there isn't at a convenient time/date, then at least we have our original adr and can go and wait in line for the candlelight processional, if we didn't get the package. right?

I guess if you want to eat at a restaurant regardless of the package then yes, you should book it at 180 days.

They will set aside tables for the CP package and tables for regular guests (180 day guests).

a*lil*bit*goofy said:

It is a longish walk from Canada to the theatre, and the line for seating can be long (you are guaranteed a seat if you get the pacakage, but you might be right up front if you are not there early. If you don't get the pacakage, then even more so!)

Also, ADR's may mean that you aren't seated at your exact time if they are busy.

So my advice for Canada for before the 6:45 show would be (assuming you have the package) no later than 5. You'll arrive about 4:30-4:45, hopeflly be seated by 5, finish dining at 6, walk to American Gardens by 6:20, and get into line. Should still get very nice seats.

a*lil*bit*goofy said:

I always go to the 6:45p and eat before the show and they will tell you a range of times for ADRs they have (that will get you to the show in time); I took the 4:30p ADR time.

I ate at Le Cellier and they sat us about 10 minutes later. When we got to the theater, there was already a line and once I got in the line, it started moving.

Where can I find information on the cost for each of the participating restaurants? My kids will be 10 & 12 when we go, so I assume that I will have to pay a set, adult price for them?

FayeW said:
Where can I find information on the cost for each of the participating restaurants? My kids will be 10 & 12 when we go, so I assume that I will have to pay a set, adult price for them?

This is the info from last year:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

I've done the package a few times and we preferred eating after, so you didn't have to worry about the time. We would go to the 6:45 show and get a dining reservation for 8:00-8:15. We were staying at BWV, so we could take any leftovers back to the room afterwards (we had dessert boxed up for later).

DebbieB said:
This is the info from last year:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

I've done the package a few times and we preferred eating after, so you didn't have to worry about the time. We would go to the 6:45 show and get a dining reservation for 8:00-8:15. We were staying at BWV, so we could take any leftovers back to the room afterwards (we had dessert boxed up for later).
Do yu have time to see illuminations? Thanks Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter