what age for childrens menu?

Misty89

DIS Veteran
my DD will turn 13 right before we go..

will she be frowned upon if she would order from the childs menus? -
almost all of our PS is buffet, except Coral reef so thats the one i am wondering about?

thanks

At the buffets you'll need to pay the adult price as you know. At full service restaurants we've never had a problem ordering from the children's menu for our son if it fits his needs best.

However at some restaurants the child's portions are very small so be sure to ask. Servers have been always been very good about helping us figure out what would be best. Portion sizes vary quite a bit from restaurant to restaurant.

I know several adults that eat off the children's menus. Most Disney restaurants don't have a problem. However, adults must pay the adult price for buffets.

My DD (11) and I frequently share something off of the adult menu. She is a very adventurous eater, but will sometimes order from the kids AND share!
Michele

Most if not all restaurants with a fixed children's price (e.g. buffets) apply that price to ages 3-11.
They will not let a 13yo eat at the children's price.

If the restaurant allows you to order from a menu, they can (and generally will) be more flexible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter