• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What age...

Bean786

DIS Veteran
At what age does a child require a movie ticket at dtd?

He's not two. Might sit in his own seat most likey not.

Many movie theatres do not allow children under two to attend movies at all. You might want to check on that.

Many movie theatres do not allow children under two to attend movies at all. You might want to check on that.

Will the child disturb other people at the movie? We've had that happen where a dad took 2 very young (3-4 yrs) daughters to a Harry Potter movie and they would not keep quiet until there was so much complaining he left.

Will the child disturb other people at the movie? We've had that happen where a dad took 2 very young (3-4 yrs) daughters to a Harry Potter movie and they would not keep quiet until there was so much complaining he left.

:thumbsup2

In general, for kids younger than 2, a movie theatre is not the best place.

Of course the usual caveat applies (every child is different, and you know your child best). Plus maybe it's different since this movie theatre is at WDW, which is very kid-friendly.

They said it was fine. We are going early morning school day for chance of meatballs. I mean he'll be two in oct 28 so he'd have to by a ticket then. What's a couple days? He's the type of kid to sit and watch a movie.

:thumbsup2 In general, for kids younger than 2, a movie theatre is not the best place. Of course the usual caveat applies (every child is different, and you know your child best). Plus maybe it's different since this movie theatre is at WDW, which is very kid-friendly.

That's why I chose dtd. When I took the 8/10 to see the ice age movie I was surprised by how many kids and strollers actually.

Why take them to Harry potter? And I'm big on if your child starts acting out you need to remove yourself. Sucks but is what it is.

I've brought really young babies to the movies. I would nurse and the baby slept through the whole thing. Sometimes there is a sudden loud sound than can startle a baby. You have to be prepared to leave if the baby is fussing. Check because some theatres have something called Star and Strollers. It's a movie scheduled specifically for moms and dads with littles ones. If the baby makes a peep it won't phase anyone because everyone has babies and toddlers with them.

I've brought really young babies to the movies. I would nurse and the baby slept through the whole thing. Sometimes there is a sudden loud sound than can startle a baby. You have to be prepared to leave if the baby is fussing. Check because some theatres have something called Star and Strollers. It's a movie scheduled specifically for moms and dads with littles ones. If the baby makes a peep it won't phase anyone because everyone has babies and toddlers with them.

We are prepared but they said a lot of people bring their kids, it is disney after all. I have a good feeling about this :::pixie dust::: i hope lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter