What airport?

I would suggest John Wayne Airport (SNA) it is the closest and an easy drive to DL.

As already mentioned, SNA is the closest to DLR (and my favorite to fly into). I'd choose Long Beach and Ontario over LAX as well. LGB is closer to DLR; ONT is about the same distance as LAX. I've flown out of ONT before, but not LGB. I just prefer the smaller airports.
On our trip in November, we'll be flying into LGB and out of ONT.
Unless, Alaska is offering some killer web specials to LAX, DW and I try to avoid it on our SoCal journeys.

I was first going into and out of LAX but now and going in an out of LGB, jet blue goes to that airport, i was going Delta to LAX, I am glad I changed. :thumbsup2 I have been to LAX and it is just crowded, not worth it but if that is the only option I would do it :sunny:

Pick the one that gives you the lowest fair - with flight at your preferred time - and has the best deal for ground transportation.

LAX is fine IMO - I use it exclusively because it is convenient for me.

LB is fine - but has limited flights - closer to DL in miles but not necessarily time.

John Wayne - I have no experience with this - many people say positive things.

Ontario - you might save on airfare but you will pay more for ground transsportation to Anaheim. The furthest from DL.

SNA every time! It's so small and easy to get around. I have done some research lately and have found that Long Beach is quite a bit cheaper to fly into. I think we are going to try it on our next trip in Feb.

Thanks everybody!!! I got my airline tickets through Northwest going through SNA. Even had availability to use my frequent flyer miles. We are staying at Disneyland Resort using DVC and our airline tickets were $10.00 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter