What are crowds like in May?

time101

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking about taking my DW back to WDW in May 2004 for the Flower Show. Please let me know your observations on crowd size at the parks, especially at Epcot for the Show.

This would be our first time for this event. We've been to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival. Any comments on the Flower show?

Thanks!

We were there this past May from the 3-10. Crowds were not bad. It was hot though. Between fastpass and the extra magic hour we did and saw everything that we wanted to do at least two sometimes three four times. You have to take advantage of the extra magic hour. This trip was the first time we used it. We were able to do and see everything that we wanted before noon on most days. Then we would go back to our hotel and swim and return to the parks in the evening.

I have been 6 times in May for the past 6 years for the Flower and Garden Festival. I love this time of year. The crowds have varied a bit at Epcot but it was never crowded and sometimes was very mellow (except at Test Trackand now at Mission Space i would assume). If you can do two days at Epcot and do the bigger rides first thing you will have the yeast of the day to take in the park at a leisurly pace. The Disney Studios can be a bit crowded (particularly on its early entry day) but if you do ToT and RnR first thing the rest of the day is easy. At the AK you can do everything even if it is fairly crowded which can vary a lot.
At the MK we have had a great time on non early entry days. I have never waited long for anything except Splash Mountain. Saturdays at the MK can be very crowded and if the Fireworks and Spectro Magic Parade are only scheduled on Saturday (which happens sometimes) it can be insane there in the evening but if you know this ahead of time it can be handled. Bring a sense of humor and watch the crowds exiting. It is a sight to behold!! :0)
May is a great time to visit and the Flower and Garden festival is great.

My family went the 2nd week of May 03 and it wasn't crowded at all. Hardly any long waits for anything, and the few long ones we did incounter we just did FP on. Great time to go!

We will be at WDW first week of May. What are the dates of the Flower Show? Also what is the rain outlook typically for early May. I hope we made the right choice for dates. We were trying to get the time between April vacations and the spring rainy season.

We were there May 8-14, 2003, it was great but very hot! The temperature was at least 95 everyday. We had no rain but it sprinkled on our way to the airport when we were leaving, which was lucky! The crowds weren't bad at all, some rides and shows we walked right on. We thought it wasn't crowded because of the start of the war, but maybe May is always like that. The flowers and topiaries in Epcot are beautiful so if you go make sure you see them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter