What are must do rides for 1st timer

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
this is our 1st time going and might not go back for a few years.
2 A and 1 child dd(9) she like adventure

since its our 1st time going i want to make sure i get all the highlights.

MK-

Hollywood studios- buzz light year ride, house of terror

Epcot= Soaring
theres another thats mentioned. any tips for when i first arrive to i try getting on soaring or fast pass?

Animal Kingdom=

how does rocking rollercoaster compare to space mountain???

any rides to avoid or no big deal. I know some mentioned lil and stitch riding smelling really bad.

You've picked some good ones, only the Buzz Lightyear ride is in the MK(still great though). Maybe you were referring to the new Toy Story Mania ride in DHS? Also, the "house of terror" is called the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. It's awesome as long as you and your DD are not really afraid of heights. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is(IMO) much more thrilling than SM as it goes upside down a few times, is much faster, and starts with a launch. I have never gone on it due to my fear of upside down rides, but if you aren't afraid, I say go for it.

AK has some great "adventure" rides such as Expedition Everest and Dinosaur(if you and your DD are tolerant of the noise of the dinos and bumpiness). Both are excellent rides. The safari is great too, especially if you like animals. The MK also has some great "thrill" rides like SM, Big Thunder and Splash Mountain(my fave ride in ALL of WDW). As for Epcot, you have Soarin' and Test Track(the one you probably forgot). If your DD really likes thrills, she can try the Green Team in Mission: Space. And yes, get a Fastpass for Soarin' first thing. Then, you can head over to TT. I recommend the Single Rider line for a short wait.

Yes, Stitch's Great Escape should be avoided. From what I have heard, it's the worst ride in WDW. Also, don't try the Orange Team in Mission: Space unless you have a really strong stomach; I've heard that it can make people sick. And like I said, avoid RnR if you can't handle upside-down rides. Any other rides in WDW are great too, but these are the best "adventure" rides.

Try to enjoy the other rides, too! There's much more than just "thrill" rides. One of the best rides in WDW(at least IMO) is the Haunted Mansion in the MK, and I do not classify it as a thrill. I definitely recommend it though, unless your DD is terrified of ghosts. The other slowish rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World are great rides in the MK too, as well as the teacups as long as you can handle spinning. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Even though it's been a while since I've been..you definitely have to ride It's a Small World--it's a Disney Classic. But here's my list:

--Haunted Mansion
--Space Mountain
--Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
--The Land (Epcot)
--Ellen's Energy Adventure (Epcot)
--Splash Mountain
--Peter Pan's Flight
--Jungle Cruise
--Pirates of the Carribean (personal fave of mine)
--Tower Of Terror
--Great Movie Ride
--Star Tours
--Carousel Of Progress (if it's open)
--Tea Cups
--Cinderella's Carousel (i think that's the name of it)

Like I said, so much has changed since I've been..but this should get you started.

To get the full feel of each park I would say!

Magic Kingdom-Absolute Musts

Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Peter Pan
It's a Small World
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Carribean
Philharmagic
Jungle Cruise

2nd Tier

Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Carousel of Progress
Hall of Presidents
Tiki Room
Tommorowland Transit Authority
Winnie the Pooh
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

Epcot- Must Dos

Spaceship Earth
Soarin
Test Track
Mission Space
Living With the Land
Maelstrom

2nd Tier (If there's Time)

Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Figment
Grand Fiesta Tour
China Movie

Hollywood Studios Must Dos

Tower of Terror
Rock N Roller Coaster
Fantasmic
The Great Movie Ride

2nd Tier

Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Toy Story Mania
Lights Motor Action Stunt Show
Muppets 3D
Animation Tour

Animal Kingdom Must Dos

Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Kilimanjaro Safari
Finding Nemo: The Musical

2nd Tier
Primeval Whirl
Festival of the Lion King

If I were planning a trip with people who never went to WDW and time was of the essence these are the things I would try to hit up first... usually you will be able to do more than this in a day but for me these are the ones you don't want to miss.

Splash mountain is definitely a must!!! I remember when I was a kid and we were at disneyland the day it opened. It kept breaking down and we had to get off in the middle of the ride and it was so weird. We finally got to ride it that night, and it's been my favorite ride ever since!!!

You've picked some good ones, only the Buzz Lightyear ride is in the MK(still great though). Maybe you were referring to the new Toy Story Mania ride in DHS? Also, the "house of terror" is called the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. It's awesome as long as you and your DD are not really afraid of heights. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is(IMO) much more thrilling than SM as it goes upside down a few times, is much faster, and starts with a launch. I have never gone on it due to my fear of upside down rides, but if you aren't afraid, I say go for it.

AK has some great "adventure" rides such as Expedition Everest and Dinosaur(if you and your DD are tolerant of the noise of the dinos and bumpiness). Both are excellent rides. The safari is great too, especially if you like animals. The MK also has some great "thrill" rides like SM, Big Thunder and Splash Mountain(my fave ride in ALL of WDW). As for Epcot, you have Soarin' and Test Track(the one you probably forgot). If your DD really likes thrills, she can try the Green Team in Mission: Space. And yes, get a Fastpass for Soarin' first thing. Then, you can head over to TT. I recommend the Single Rider line for a short wait.

Yes, Stitch's Great Escape should be avoided. From what I have heard, it's the worst ride in WDW. Also, don't try the Orange Team in Mission: Space unless you have a really strong stomach; I've heard that it can make people sick. And like I said, avoid RnR if you can't handle upside-down rides. Any other rides in WDW are great too, but these are the best "adventure" rides.

Try to enjoy the other rides, too! There's much more than just "thrill" rides. One of the best rides in WDW(at least IMO) is the Haunted Mansion in the MK, and I do not classify it as a thrill. I definitely recommend it though, unless your DD is terrified of ghosts. The other slowish rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World are great rides in the MK too, as well as the teacups as long as you can handle spinning. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

thank you for the warning of RRC. we wont be doing that.lol! we leave to airport in less than 2 hours :banana:

thank you all for your help. I had reasearched so much about the code rates specials, dining, that i didnt look into the rides-yikes! Actually our first day at the park is on sat, since we get in after 4:30pm :banana: :banana: :banana: no sleep for me tonight or on the plane due to my snoring-lol!:cool1: :rotfl: :banana: see ya'll in about 10 days

I know it's late for me to reply, but have fun! I'm glad that the other posters and I were able to help. I realized from reading the other posts that I left out a lot of the good rides in my list, though. Oops! At least they posted them, so now you know. Besides, if I had listed all of the great rides at WDW, my post would have been even longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter