What are the most overlooked things during x-mas season?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
What have you found that has become a must do during the x-mas season?
If you have some tips for Sept. too I'm listening. Anything goes.
Thanks,
Chris

We love to listen to the story tellers at the different countries in EPCOT.

When you check in, see if there is a schedule for the local groups that come to the resort to sing carols or play instruments, like a bell choir.

I think the key is how close you are to Christmas as far as what the schedule will be, or if there even is a schedule. There are also plenty of local groups that preform at DTD and we've stayed there for an evening just enjoying the atmosphere.

Bobbi:santa:

"What are the most overlooked things during x-mas season? "

Most overlooked?...looks like Christ to me.

Have you been to the Candlelight Processional? We had always kept away from going to Disney during December. We loved Opryland and Dollywood because in those parks, there were religious as well as secular celebrations of the season. We did not know about The Candlelight Processional which is the reading of much of Luke's Gospel. I do not think that the CP is overlooked, but yes, it should be mentioned as "Things we MUST do!"

Bobbi:goodvibes

I don't think a lot of people resort hop to check out the holiday decorations. They see the decorations at their own hotel, but since a lot of folks rely on Disney transporation, they probably don't go to other hotels to see the decorations (unless they're on the monorail loop).

We rent a car, which makes resort hopping easier.

:sad2:

There is a lot of Chirst to be found at WDW during Christmas. The Candelight Processional is the first thing that comes to mind. And in my opinion was the highlight of the trip.

We made sure to see every resorts Christmas Decorations (except for the Value). That was a fun day to see the difference in decor and theme from resort to resort.

The different "santa claus" stories around Epcot was also a lot of fun.

~Amanda

I think that was a reference to the annoying use of an "X".

Have you been to the Candlelight Processional? We had always kept away from going to Disney during December. We loved Opryland and Dollywood because in those parks, there were religious as well as secular celebrations of the season. We did not know about The Candlelight Processional which is the reading of much of Luke's Gospel. I do not think that the CP is overlooked, but yes, it should be mentioned as "Things we MUST do!"

Do you think a 2+5 yr. old would sit through it?
Thanks,
Chris

Sitting in the lobby of the Grand Floridian by the big gingerbread house and Christmas tree, listening to the Christmas music and watching the people walk by. Mmmmmmm.... I want to go back! :sad1: Sitting in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge by the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate is a close second... :santa:

-Michelle

I think that was a reference to the annoying use of an "X".

It actually stands for Christ(os) in Greek. Xmas, Xian, etc. The real annoying part of this is that people never take the time to research things that bother them - they just get huffy.

Yes, the CP and touring all the resorts is high on our list too, but I also like to just sit near the lights of winter at Epcot and watch them dance to the music! I could do that for hours if the rest of the crew would let me!

Do you think a 2+5 yr. old would sit through it?
Thanks,
Chris

My 4 and 5 year old fell asleep during it...and we were stitting near the front (ie: it was LOUD) and they still zonked out. They both love music but this did not hold their attention at all.

I guess you need to determine what kind of entertainment would hold your children's attention. Sitting, watching a choir stand there and sing did not hold my kids attention - I think they just like more activity and motion.

We love to listen to the story tellers at the different countries in EPCOT.

Do you know when the story tellers start? We will be down early this year November 14 to 18. I know we'll see the lights and have MVMCP. Our son will turn six this December and I thought he would enjoy the story tellers but I suspect they don't start until after Thanksgiving.

My 4 and 5 year old fell asleep during it...and we were stitting near the front (ie: it was LOUD) and they still zonked out. They both love music but this did not hold their attention at all.

I guess you need to determine what kind of entertainment would hold your children's attention. Sitting, watching a choir stand there and sing did not hold my kids attention - I think they just like more activity and motion.

The only thing that holds my kids atttention is Duct Tape and a chair.:rotfl2:

Do you know when the story tellers start? We will be down early this year November 14 to 18. I know we'll see the lights and have MVMCP. Our son will turn six this December and I thought he would enjoy the story tellers but I suspect they don't start until after Thanksgiving.

We would like to do this as well... Good thinking.
Chris

The Epcot fireworks have a special ending to the "Let There Be Peace on Earth" music. It is one of my favorite things in all of WDW. The carolers at the American Pavilion were outstanding.

. We did not know about The Candlelight Processional which is the reading of much of Luke's Gospel. I do not think that the CP is overlooked, but yes, it should be mentioned as "Things we MUST do!"

Hey, I didn't know that, that's cool! We'll have to check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter