What Are The Odds They Bring Happily Ever Back Sooner Rather Than Later?

626titch

Earning My Ears
Disenchantment — not going to say anything more than that it lacked the heart and story Disney needs.

What do we do now?
Is there anything we can do?

I have a trip planned for August 2022 and I would love to see Happily Ever After live in person instead of this.

What can we as the audience do here?

They won’t go backwards but, I hope they consider something better than the shows they released last week. I’m all for improvement and innovation but, neither show displays much of that. Lots of fireworks, lots of light displays but, the actual shows were poorly produced and executed. The projections on Main Street were very cool but, don’t redeem the epic fail of the show.

Sorry, but it's not going to happen. They'll stick with Enchantment for the next 18 months as planned. They didn't take down the 25th anniversary cake castle early due to negative reaction and they aren't going to dump an expensive new show just because it's not universally adored.

The odds are essentially zero that they would bring back the old show.

Reactions: Kae

Went tonight. Wanted to like it but ack just not what we hoped.

People said the same thing about HEA when it started and they wanted Wishes back. I haven't seen the show yet, but there are always a lot of reactions to any change. I am looking forward to it.
I essentially got called a liar for saying that on here, but yep. I think it will grow on people, just like HEA did.

It'll go on for at least the 50th. After that, then can begin speculating a change at some point.

If they tweak the projections on the castle so they are easier to see and tweak the songs as in put something people would recognise more or put in some nostalgia, it will be vastly improved. There is more chance of that than getting rid.

Sorry, but it's not going to happen. They'll stick with Enchantment for the next 18 months as planned. They didn't take down the 25th anniversary cake castle early due to negative reaction and they aren't going to dump an expensive new show just because it's not universally adored.

The outcry over the Cake Castle was intense. I hated it then but wish I had appreciated it more now. I think I just didn’t trust that it was temporary but with Disney, all things are temporary. Happily Ever After was temporary as was Wishes before that. One upon a time, fireworks wasn’t even a nightly event and when they did have them, they didn’t play music until after they were over. While I liked Enchantment just fine, this show will have its run and one day an entirely new show will replace it. Happily Ever After is likely gone forever, or at very least for the next 18 months.

Though unthinkable to those of us who track Disney minutiae with obsessive compulsion, I suspect the vast majority of Disney guests don't even know there's a theme to the fireworks presentations. It's just fireworks, nothing more complicated than that.

I really liked both shows. There is so much happening in Enchantment you have to watch it from several different locations to truly take it in. If you are basing your opinion from a video, then you are not being fair at all. See it in person. Harmonious was spectacular. Its a celebration of each of the countries and was visually stunning. The DBP video did not do it justice at all. Both shows will be accepted in time. No one likes change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter