• Staying home with only the people you live with

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • Getting together with friends and family

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Getting together with people who do not live with you

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
neither of those choices.
Going to DS's tonight and tomorrow. Just the family (no friends) 7 of us will be there. They live 1/2 mile away

For all of you English majors, please accept my apologies. I tried editing the survey questions, but I pushed the wrong button and editing polling questions is not allowed.:(

The 3 of us visited my 90 year old homebound mother today for a few hours and tomorrow our DD, DSIL, DGS and DGD will come over for a quiet traditional to us Christmas. Gotta get my grandbabies fix before we are put back in lockdown on Boxing Day by the Provincial Premier (equiv to US Governor).

Can't really answer the poll because we're somewhere in the middle. We are staying home today and my parents are coming over, but they have been the only people in our bubble. So technically they don't live with us, but we're not having any sort of gathering. Tomorrow will be just us.

My sister got tested for COVID twice a week apart and self quarantined before she travelled to stay with us during Christmas. She's staying home once she gets home as well. My mom got tested for COVID and is only leaving home to come to my home while my sister is here so that she can spend the holidays with us. We also got tested and stayed home.

Christmas Eve, we're eating salad and pasta carbonara dinner. We are also making Christmas cookies and donning our Christmas pjs. The kids will get their Christmas books. On Christmas Day, the kids are allowed to open their stockings before we wake up. The kids will make sausage rolls for everyone for breakfast and we will have a brunch later in the day. After brunch, we'll open gifts and then have bread pudding for dessert. Later on, we'll watch Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max.

Dropping gifts off at the parents house. Playing lots of online chess. Watching Brave New World on Peacock since it's free this week. And drinking as much eggnog and pumpkin pie as I can before the stores no longer carry it. No idea why I can't get eggnog in the summer.

I really love seasonal food. We buy enough pumpkin spice tea to last us year round. Too bad we can't get Costco pumpkin pie year round. It's so good.

Dropping off gifts, picking up gifts and food. Phonecalls. Watching Soul too, I'm looking forward to that.

Just my wife and I tomorrow. My son, DIL and Granddaughter live 6 miles away, dropped off some gifts this afternoon without going in their house. Then went 12 miles to our daughter's house to do the same thing. Somehow our kids managed to buy houses exactly 6 miles from our house, just in opposite directions. Which is funny because our house is 6 miles from where my mom lived, and 6 miles from where my mother in law lived.

No getting together for anybody here by public order. My BFF and I collectively (but separately) cooked a big festive feast for 20 people amongst 6 different families and it was porch-dropped to all of them earlier today. The allowable capacity of our church is miniscule right now; DH ushered at one of the special services but DS and I couldn't get seats.

Tomorrow DS takes his first foray into the world of cooking a turkey. I think he should consider this life skill another gift from me. :laughing: We'll open gifts, eat some stuff, watch some tv and nap off and on - just the 3 of us. I expect there will be lots of phone calls and texts with loved ones where we all lament this sorry situation and look forward to better days. Merry Christmas everybody! :grouphug:

Just the 3 of us.

Usually my FIL has everybody over for an Italian Feast on Christmas Eve. Cancelled this year. Feels weird as that's what we've done for over 20 years now.

We will be in our house alone, but we are cooking and three households will participate, exchanging food outside, wearing masks. looking forward to good food, and just seeing our friends!

I voted only those I live with but that isn't really true anymore.

It will be just my youngest daughter and I for dinner. She technically lives at home but she has been house sitting since Thanksgiving. My oldest daughter, who moved out in mid-November, will stop by but isn't staying for dinner.

We spent today with my MIL, BIL and his wife & son, and my kids - 9 people across 3 households in total. It was a little smaller group than usual - partly because of covid, partly because two of my 'bonus' kids have new SOs they wanted to spend the holidays with - but otherwise fairly normal. My mom opted not to come because she was having a bad/no driving day (one of her meds causes dizziness/vertigo, so she never knows what she'll feel up to from day to day) but my girls are going to tag along to see her when I do her shopping next week and we'll have a mini-Christmas celebration then.

Tomorrow is just our family in our house, but other than my mom not being here to stay tonight, that's how we always do Christmas Day.

My husband, myself and 3 of 4 of our children.

Our youngest elected to stay at her apartment in the city she attends Uni. Didn’t make sense to travel home and be here for less than two weeks, especially this year, not worth the risk. I’m higher risk because of my health issues.

Our oldest brought their boyfriend but they’ve both been working from home (both live alone as well) and their bubble is each other. We will have a quieter day, I hope the kids will play some board games and just chill.

25 years as a family we have NEVER spent Christmas at home, we’ve always got up, open gifts and rushed to the grandparents hang out and then head to the other grandparents. I am really looking forward to the time together at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter