What are your MUST-DOs at AK?

FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING. Must see every trip

The Animation Experience at Conservation Station. You will be led to do a drawing of a character. We drew Hopper from Bugs Life. Really wanted to do a Lion King character.

There are a lot of cool things to see on the trails. Gorilla Falls is pretty amazing. We also like to watch the hippo through the glass, and watch the meercats. Of course, you have to hang around a bit to let things happen, so it is not a drop in for 1 minute and cruise. Worth hanging in those areas for a little while

Same goes for seeing the tigers. Once again, takes some time, but some great chances to see amazing animals. Check out this picture I took in 2018. There were 2 siblings that were 8 months old. I watched them playing and saw this coming. I took about 7 shots as this was leading up to the big clash. We had already been hanging out for 15 minute watching, but since these guys were younger, they were much more active than the older animals.

and from the same trip - meercats

Kilimanjaro Safari at night. We got to see the lions actually playing and heard them roar. We saw animals closer than we ever had before. This next trip we're planning hopping to AK a few nights just to do it again.

Did you do the safari when it was conpletely dark or at dusk? Wondering what time to book our FP!

Festival of the lion king as everyone else mentioned. We really enjoyed the safari at dusk. We saw so many more animals at that time.

Festival of the Lion King for sure, we even did it twice in one day on our last trip, that's how much we love it! Lol we pretty much always stop at Flame Tree BBQ. We've also been getting the colossal cinnamon roll from Kusafiri Bakery in the morning after rope dropping some rides. Big enough to share and better than the one at Gaston's Tavern in my opinion lol. And Everest at night is incredible! Sooo much better at night! lol have fun!! :)

Besides the obvious headliners... FOP, Kilamanjaro and EE, what are some other must see things in AK? Traveling with three children and I have the least experience in this park. Would love to hear what people like best! Thanks!
I really enjoy the Bali dancers. I also like walking the bridge between Africa and Pandora and listening to the sounds change and lights change in the evening. Look for DeVine near the entrance. She's a stilt Walker camouflaged in greenery. She can be hard to spot. Oh and Doug and Russell and KEVIN! See if you can get her to flap and squawk at you and the kids. AK is our favorite park. And for munchings.... mobile order some pulled pork fries for a snack credit a flame tree. Definitely shareable.

Our must-do’s:
Festival of the Lion King
Everest front row
Nomad Lounge drinks and snacks
Harambe Village acrobats

FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING. Must see every trip

The Animation Experience at Conservation Station. You will be led to do a drawing of a character. We drew Hopper from Bugs Life. Really wanted to do a Lion King character.

There are a lot of cool things to see on the trails. Gorilla Falls is pretty amazing. We also like to watch the hippo through the glass, and watch the meercats. Of course, you have to hang around a bit to let things happen, so it is not a drop in for 1 minute and cruise. Worth hanging in those areas for a little while

Same goes for seeing the tigers. Once again, takes some time, but some great chances to see amazing animals. Check out this picture I took in 2018. There were 2 siblings that were 8 months old. I watched them playing and saw this coming. I took about 7 shots as this was leading up to the big clash. We had already been hanging out for 15 minute watching, but since these guys were younger, they were much more active than the older animals.

View attachment 476208

and from the same trip - meercats

View attachment 476211
Amazing photos! I’m getting excited to take the kids!

I got to catch those Harambe acrobats :) Missed them after a couple of attemots last trip.

Trying to find things to do as we meander through the parks. We have APs this year and DH doesn't always want to do the same attractions repeatedly. And he doesn't do coasters. Plus FOP makes him dizzy. And so does Dinosaur. And he gets bored looking at animals too lol. He's picky haha! So AK has fewer things for us to do. One trip I am going to sit him on a bench and go enjoy my animals lol.

I got to catch those Harambe acrobats :) Missed them after a couple of attemots last trip.

Trying to find things to do as we meander through the parks. We have APs this year and DH doesn't always want to do the same attractions repeatedly. And he doesn't do coasters. Plus FOP makes him dizzy. And so does Dinosaur. And he gets bored looking at animals too lol. He's picky haha! So AK has fewer things for us to do. One trip I am going to sit him on a bench and go enjoy my animals lol.
Oh for sure sit him on the bench 😂

The Triceratops Spin in Dinoland (just like Dumbo) will be fun for the 3 year old---the littlest ones often cannot do some rides.

Oh for sure sit him on the bench 😂

LOL - he will probably be perfectly happy! Next trip we are taking my DS who likes animals. I've got FPs for the Safari booked and hoping we get to do the animal trails. Plus DS says he really wants to do FOP so we will be hopping in line at the end of the night :) DH can bus back to the hotel by himself haha.

I recommend timing the Safari right for the season you will be there. It's 100% different experience if all the animals are happy & active.

The Boneyard is a must do for us. We might be in the minority here, but DS4 needs to run around and play for a while. It makes for a nice break. I wish all the parks had a playground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter